BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Hi creativeflower,

Im interested in going for this calf reduction surgery n im still deciding between Jong or Park. May I check what makes you decide to go to Jong instead of Park?

Did Jong advise approx. how many cm you would lose from each calf?

I might want to go for this surgery sometime in March too but I still cant decide on Jong or Park!

How long are you staying in Taiwan and which hotel? I presume you would be travelling alone too?

I can be reached at sweetielove3399 at yahoo dotcom

Cheers.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just sent you an email! Let me know if you don't get it :smile:

Ladies, I just wanted to say that we should be careful of what personal information we put on this website and even email eachother. We don't know who's reading this site. I don't think anyone should say exactly when they are going and where they are coming from. There are a lot of fake online identities out there and everyone should be safe. It would probably be best to contact the plastic surgeon to find out when another patient is going through the same surgery if you want company. Just wanted to put it out there!

I can't decide which surgeon to go with, Dr Park or Dr Jong. Can you share why you decided on Dr Park?

Hi Shazzayo,
I have not decide what to do or when to go yet. I had lipo on my legs years back; it didn't reduce the size of my calves at all. My legs just look like "hail damage" now. Because I had such bad experience, I need to certain of whatever I do next. I contacted Dr Park and Dr Jong. I feel Dr Jong may have better post op care (no bed pan, no aspirations...etc.), and he uses ultrasound before and after surgery. But, Dr. Park had done more calf surgeries than Dr. Jong. Dr Jong also advise me that the incision would be 4cm long which I thought it's quite big. Did Dr Park tell you how long his incisions would be?

Best of luck to you and thank you for sharing your thought with me. Dr. Park quoted me $7,500,000 KRW for the calf reduction and another 2,200,000 KRW for the lipo and fat graft on my ankles. I'm ok with the price on calf reduction but I thought it's quite high for the ankles. How much did he quote you if you don't mind me asking?

Congrates on your decision, best of luck to you. I'm trying to get as much information I can on both doctors, Park or Jong, before I decide. Can you please share the reasons why you chose Park? Thank you.

Hi Madison

Actually im torn between the 2 men. Lol. But i have to make the decision one or the other.

Park is generally more expensive than Jong. However, Jong said he's thinking i might get a 2cm calf reduction as he's kind of afraid that if he commits on a higher reduction n if i dont get it i might complain. Lol. I told Jong 2cm is too little for me to go thru such as a traumatic surgery. He might estimate a higher circumference loss for you, im not sure. But from the photos on his site, alot of patients with huge calves seem to lose more than 2 cm?? but anyway 2cm is what he commits to me.

Park is estimating around 3cm to 4cm. Jong can lipo Calves at the same time but Park is strictly against doing calf lipo. I had calf lipo years ago n it was not well done. I have a depression on one of my calves now n i need fat graft which is an irony plus i didnt seem to find that my calves are smaller after calf lipo :sad:

Park's theory is that calves have very little fats only and if you do calf lipo, it is not going to change the circumference much n might make it worse. He does not encourage calf lipo at all.

Park n Jong both said i need fat graft to fill up the depression. Jong is unable to quote a range of price at all. He said he needs to assess me in person.

Understand Jong has an ultrasound machine to measure while Park doesnt have. Park says its not necessary.

For Park, you need to aspirate while you dont have to do much aspiration for Jong from what i understand from other forummers. Jong puts in a tube i heard. Park says tube might get infection (???) so i really dont know who's right or wrong or perhaps both methods are also fine?

Another issue is Park's incision is shorter i think around 1cm to 2cm while Jong's incision is around 3cm to 4cm i think. For me, i generally dont heal well from scars n even a mosquito bite or a pimple might leave a mark on my skin. Hence, im rather hesitant on the incision line. I worry the line might not fade well n then i would have another issue to think about??

If im not wrong, i think Park does alot of calf reduction surgeriesn perhaps more than Jong although i havent really heard of a case about Jong that's gone awry. In this forum, if you read thru, it seems that more people go to Park than Jong. Im not sure of the reason.

Each surgeon seems to be rather good n professional it seems. And so far these are the only 2 surgeons whom i have heard who are capable of doing calf reduction surgeries.

When are you thinking of doing for the surgery and which surgeon are you gearing more towards to?

Hi Babyangel,

Thank you for getting back with me. I had lipo on my calfs and ankles years ago; I have severe depressions on my ankles, both surgeons recommend fat graft and additional lipo. Park didn't give me an estimate on how much he could take off my calf; he just said what my ideal circumferences should be, Jong said 3-4 cm off. My husband who is in the medical field likes the fact that Jong uses more advance technologies (ultrasound, the tube, catheter...etc); but I feel that Park is more experienced and like the idea of scares being much smaller than Jong's. How long will you stay in Korea?

Still have not decide yet. Just wrote Park and Jong on additional questions; I hope to make up my mind soon. I want smaller calfs NOW... LOL!

Hi Madison

You mentioned that both surgeons recommend Additional Lipo. Additional Lipo on where? Calves or Ankles or ???

How big are your calves? I wonder why Jong only told me 2cm when i notice he seems to commit more cm loss to other people. I was tempted to go to him too cos less aspiration and there's ultrasound but the scar kind of worries me.

I plan to stay in Korea around 12 days to 15 days.

I thought of going in March but its still gonna be winter in korea n korean winters can be very harsh and i wonder how am i going to wear open toe wedges in such cold weather???