BeautyHacker

Revisional double eyelids surgery

check your mail =)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

be patient, you'll need to wait at least 6 months for another revision. best is to wait for a year. i know how depressed you are feeling now but it will improve =)

i knew that it will be good. im happy for you =)

Have a wonderful trip Nikisha247 in Korea! Hope to hear from you soon and mostly about your revision. Good luck!!! :smile:

I dont think Dr. Kang has any marketing going around on these forum's, but who knows. It's true that you cant trust everyone on here, but Dr. Kang has been known for fixing revisional double eyelid cases for a very long time and hes quite good at it too. It's best to just tell for yourself when you go in for a consultation. Even though everyone might go to a certain Dr., he might not be best for your personal case. I have seen alot of people happy with Dr. Kang though.

Random question: Where can you go exchange USD to KRW for a very low low fee/free? I have heard that you can bring your money to the Korean banks and they will do it for you, but not positive of this? Any input from anyone would be so helpful.

I went to Korea 2 years ago, and took money out from my HSBC ATM card (at the only one HSBC local branch) which got pretty good rates. From my memory, Korea seen to be very segmented financial market where the banks there are mostly korean banks. I will suggest that you apply for a HSBC bank account and take out money from the HSBC branch.. Hope that helps...

Hi Juicy88, do you mind to share your before and after picture? I have a similar problem as yours and really want to get the revision surgery done this year. My email is [email protected] Thanks a million

Hello Juicy88! Thank you very much about you email and sharing me your pictures!!! Your eyes are so amazing, natural and pretty already!!! Dr. Kang is exceptional when I saw the before picture. Quite an remarkable improvement!!! You give me a smile back! :smile::smile::smile: So happy for you and have a great healing my dear!

hi, just wondering did you receive my message? because i see nothing in my sent items. just checking =)

It looks like someone sent me a message to tell me she didn't want to provide any info about Dr. Lee at Eyemagic unless I first sent her my pictures. :amuse:

This is a forum where people come to exchange information, ideas and views. I personally find it a little suspect when someone makes a suggestion without providing any supporting info so that's why I asked.

Anyway, I'm happy to share what I learned. I arrived in Seoul earlier this week and decided last minute to go meet with Dr. Lee even though by that time I'd booked my surgery elsewhere. It actually helped me confirm I'd made the right choice.

The clinic's location is a few blocks from the Garosugil main street. The clinic is located in an older building, but their suite was modern and new. I actually went without an appointment since I didn't have a working phone to call beforehand and their website is in Korean. When I arrived, the lead receptionist said I would need to make an appointment and come back later, though no one was in the waiting room. Since I could speak Korean, I asked if they could make an exception since I would be leaving Seoul fairly soon. They said they would try to accommodate me, and I waited about 30-40 minutes until I was called. I actually found Dr. Lee to be nice, and he was confident that he could deliver the results I wanted. He didn't really examine me like the others had but seemed to have a good grasp of the issue. His quote was the highest (9 million range) among the clinics I visited (BIO, IOU and Teuim and Ahn PS). Objectively, I thought his strengths, based on pictures, showed improvement in the shape of the eyes (separate from the eyelids themselves). He was also quick to tell me he was famous, which reminded me of my prior doctor, and made my surgery sound like a breeze.

While confidence is good, it didn't strike the right balance with me. By that time, I'd met with a couple of eye surgeons in the US and the other clinics. Asymmetry is not easy to fix. I wanted a surgeon who could acknowledge the difficulty, but also had the confidence and experience with the issue at the same time. Plus, there wasn't a single person who could provide a personal experience with this doctor.

I'll provide a rundown of the other places I visited later but wanted to share a quick snapshot of this clinic because no one else has yet.

Hi Snowcup, happy to hear from you! :smile: Always interesting to read about your journey in Korea. Hope you enjoying your time and make the best choice for your revision. Good luck and hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Juicy88, so happy for you that your revision came out well. Would you mind sharing a before-and-after photo with me as well as I am considering a eyelid revision too? Here is my email address: [email protected]. I look forward to your response.

Hi! not a problem. i'm all out to help others who want to have revision surgery for eyelids. But plz keep my photos confidential as i do not want my photos circulate ><!

plz pm me as well, just in case I don't see the post. ^^

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately there arent any HSBS branches close to me. Has anyone exchanged your currency at the banks in Korea? not the airport currency exchanges for those tack on high exchange rate fees.