BeautyHacker

Revisional double eyelids surgery

May i ask if non-excisional is the same as non-incisional? So confused by all these term. I heard for non incisional, the eyelid fold will become loose in no time.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think, for a revision its kinda difficult to do partial incision so i think most likely it would be full incisional.

are you going to converse in english? dr.kang can understand simple english. if you have lots of question, i think it'd better to hire a translator because the dermatologist's english is pretty limited. (i guess that's Ms Lee)

I speak very simple Koreans but don think can handle those technical terms. I want very natural crease that is flat looking and not deep type, full incisional is difficult to achieve that look isn't it? So headache... :sad:

I have a translator, just wondering if the rest who had consulted or did surgery at IOU were able to pass thru without one..

not necessarily full incision will make deep double fold
quite a few went for surgery without a translator. ;)

just a reminder to eveyrone. not all reviews about dr.kang are positive, a girl had her surgery with dr.kang and she was happy with the result but after a year she complained about it. she didnt explain in details thou but she was quite upset with the result.
anyway thats the only bad review i've read=)

I hope to undergo surgery at iou.
To tell the truth, I chose this clinic because having western eyes, at the beginning I did not have many other choices.
But reading around the reviews, writing to various clinics and then subsequently to dr. Kang, I am convinced that it's the best choice for me, and I can't wait to have the surgery!!!

The non-excision method that I mentioned earlier is a fairly new method of lowering creases without excising (cutting away) skin. The traditional method to lower creases is to cut out the existing crease, which is effective if you have enough skin. But some people, after their primary surgery, don't have enough skin so that's when the non-excision method is helpful. This method is incisional, which means a cut is made into the skin, but no skin is later removed.

Non-incisional just means it doesn't involve an open cut into the skin. Non-incisional eyelid surgery is usually reserved for primary surgery and can eventually loosen and fade away later. But it can work for people with thin eyelids (who haven't had surgery before) and looks natural with super short recovery.

Thanks so much for your response. That is very helpful.
I sent email to Dr. Kang at IOU and his response is he could only make 50% improvement on my eyes with deep cut and high fold, while all the other doctors says he could fix it all. I am kind of concerned about his response. That's why i am wondering about the experience of the other doctors. Dr. Lee at Eyemagic seems very thorough and answered all my questions carefully.
If anyone heard of any feedback about Dr. Lee at Eyemagic, please share. Thanks in advance!

From my visits to IOU, BIO, Teuim and Eyemagic, I thought all of the clinics have their own strengths when matched with the right patient. They all seem reputable. Teuim probably deals more with primary cases than revisions in this group.

Dr. Cho has the most experience. Dr. Kang and Dr. Kwon both have ten years in eye surgery. Dr. Lee is somewhere in between.

Compared to US doctors, Korean doctors have much more experience with the kind of issues for revisionary surgery in Asian eyelids. A surgeon in the US only has a limited number of Asian patients, and even fewer cases of revisions. I would estimate ten years surgical experience in Korea is exponentially higher when you factor in the number of patients and the range of issues.

Thank you Snowcup with all the details! It's important to know. :smile:

It depends wich PS you consult, because this Makeup Artist (her name is Rae) have a full incision with Dr.Peter Newen and is very natural and so pretty!!! She share her amazing story about her surgery on her blog!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF_mNTMrf9w

Hi Itsumobaby, I will be to Korea in the end of July, August 2013... It will be my first time and hope I will found a great PS for my revision.

Hi Snowcup, thanks for sharing the information. From your perspective, what do you think it is the strength of Dr. Cho and Dr. Lee at Eyemagic?