BeautyHacker

Good skin clinics in Korea

This is also what I was told at Renewme... I didn't go because it was a little out of my budget. But the rep there said that cheaper places usually dont use a dermatologist for the procedures. My fillers back in the US was a few hundred dollars cheaper but it was done by a nurse. And the person there says that even GPs might not be as good because they don't understand skin like a dermatologist. They wouldn't know what to do if anything goes wrong (it might, filler is not always 100% safe).
I still couldn't bring myself to pay for everything there,but if I could afford it I would def go. Why does beauty have to come at such a cost :sad:((

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you are allergic to something in korean products! I remember one of my friends who found out she is actually allergic to this particular ingredient and that ingredient is found in most/quite a number of korean beauty products!
Her allergy reaction actually just causes her to break out really bad! Maybe you should find out if you are allergic to a particular ingredient! That would help you when you want to change your future skin care routine be it korean products or not.

i'm in korea right now, went to quite a few clinics to do consultations, most on my own, 2 with a chinese translator i met in my guesthouse.

my main concern is for my old acne scars, and some places suggested i do stem cell treatment since i have done lasers (fractional and co2) for at least 10x already and results have reaches a plateau.

stem cell therapy:
1) most will harvest the stem cells from my own fats
2) 1 said they have the latest technology to harvest the stem cells from my blood which of course they said was better.

both are similar in price - freaking expensive - range from 8000k won to 10000k won (ie around S$10k) for each treatment. they do give discounts for subsequent treatments.

anyone has more knowledge on stem cell therapy?

Hi zhenzz,

Which clinics did you visit?

x

Is this PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma)? If so, those prices are daylight robbery...

nono, PRP is removing blood platelets from your blood. stem cell therapy is removing stem cells from fats or blood (most places uses fats).

PRP can get anywhere from W200k to W450k, definitely a far cry from stem cell therapy.

Which clinics offered that? i would like to check their website. I searched the medical literature and only 1 study popped out which they use bone marrow stem cells for treatment of atropic acne scars.
It's an experimental treatment at a very high price and i don't see how harvesting stem cells from fat cost more than 3x compared to the frequently done fat graft + adipose stem cell procedure.

Ahhh I see I see.

I'm going for PRP myself next week so I've been reading up on prices

wow, i visited a lot. below prices in won, after minor bargaining. I also asked together with other procedures i was looking at, so prices may or may be the same if doing on it's own.

Stem Cell Therapy

The Line - stem cell therapy from fats ($8250k)

Page - also stem cell from fats ($5000k - don't ask me what's the difference, some other docs and my translator said can't be so cheap. maybe it's the concentration harvested that's different)

Idea - stem cell from fats ($9000k)

Gold Plastic Surgery - stem cell therapy from blood (they said 1. blood is of a latest tech, 2. im quite skinny so might not have enough fats) ($8000k)

Regen - they recommended laser at first, until i asked about stem cell, to which the dermatologist was like (in korean),"oh how did you know about stem cell?". i really didn't like their translator cause she didn't sound like she knew much, probably very new, and also a bit impatient. ($7500k)

Lasers:

Dream Skin - co2 laser (2 diff types), tca cross ($495k)
CNP - their DRT skin rejuvenation (er yag and fraxel laser) ($655k)

Others

Teuim - consulted on eyelid surgery

I'm really pretty much at a loss. Currently thinking between CNP and Gold, it's either i try the laser one more time (after at least 10 times in sg, which has not much effect now), or i go for the stem cell.

Gold mentioned that they can do stem cell n fat graft for my nose bridge and chin too (included inside), as i told them i won't have budget to do fillers for my nose and chin if i do the stem cell. My own translator said it's more lasting than fillers cause we don't use nose and chin for facial expressions, and can last even for years after doing just twice. and if i want to do rhino in future, it will not affect too.

Anyone heard of stem cell/ fat graft for nose and chin before?

Stem Cell Therapy

The Line - stem cell therapy from fats ($8250k)

Page - also stem cell from fats ($5000k - don't ask me what's the difference, some other docs and my translator said can't be so cheap. maybe it's the concentration harvested that's different)

Idea - stem cell from fats ($9000k)

Gold Plastic Surgery - stem cell therapy from blood (they said 1. blood is of a latest tech, 2. im quite skinny so might not have enough fats) ($8000k)

Regen - they recommended laser at first, until i asked about stem cell, to which the dermatologist was like (in korean),"oh how did you know about stem cell?". i really didn't like their translator cause she didn't sound like she knew much, probably very new, and also a bit impatient. ($7500k)

Hmm.. Thanks, I will try checking that out.. though I feel like the only common stuff every single darned one will share are fundamental ingredients... But we'll see!! Do you think you can tell me what ingredient your friend is allergic too so I can keep a special eye out for it? :smile:

I took a look at the websites
1. The line - never mention anything about stem cells, at least i didn't see them offer dermatological service
2. Page- can't find a clinic by that name
3. Idea - webpage displays how sterile is their stem cell facility and just explains the procedure
4. Gold- never mention stem cell
5. Regen- never mention stem cell

I guess pure dermatological practices don't offer it as
1. They are not trained to harvest fats (most accessible source for stem cells)
2. Lack of evidence?

Unless you find some evidence otherwise that it works, from what i can gather is it doesn't. Have you looked at fibroblast injection?

Yah most of them actually didn't recommend stem cell straight up as well, it's usually after i told them i have done at least 10 times of lasers in sg before, and results have reached a plateau, then they will suggest stem cell (provided they do it. CNP and Dream do not do it)

But Gold does have it in the chinese website, called 干细胞。I didn't look at the others.

Idea and Gold are because I met a chinese translator at my guesthouse (she was taking care of another girl staying here), and i asked her about stem cell therapy, thus she went to specifically find clinics which do stem cells and have received good clinic reviews, and she brought me there.

No, i haven't heard of fibroblast injection, has it received good reviews for acne scars?

this might sound gross but have you guys heard of human placenta injections? My japanese friend who is a dental surgeon injects herself with it. She's like 60 but looks 20 years younger never had any surger at all. Im wondering where they even get the human placenta from or if injecting it even has such drastic results or whether she just has good genetics to begin with

autologus fibroblast injection - studies show a significant response rate. It underwent a phase III trial. They will take a small punch of the tissue behind the ear and culture the fibroblasts
I checked with 2 clinics so far, it cost about 7million won, need 8-10 weeks to culture them and 3 injections given 2-3 weeks apart.
I think the response rate will even be better with concomittant laser treatment