BeautyHacker

Good skin clinics in Korea

I tried to get in touch with Zell and they just ignored my email. Renew me got back to me but their prices were a bit ridiculous. CNP was good

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should add that the CNP branch near COEX had an English speaking dermatologist. Their prices were very reasonable and the results were great (laser and excision on acne scars)

• 1 month later...
How much did they quote you for and what procedures did you enquire about? Because i have been very interested in getting laser procedures done and i speak fluent korean but i realise that korean blogs mostly do advertisments and blogpost to get some freebies rather than to write about their honest experiences. You can say im cross referencing with the foreign expats to make sure im doing the right stuff! Because for the Renew korean site, they have so much more procedures available and the prices are so affordable that im seriously considering going to them but reading your comment, im wondering if its a translation fee?

Renew quoted me 1 million won per session for mild acne scar removal and said you would need about 4 - 5 sessions in total - done once a month.

Acculift was 3.2 million won.

If the difference in price is due to the translation fee, then i personally wouldn't go there on principle.

CNP certainly didn't differentiate on this basis. They just made the most of the fact that some of their doctors already speak English.

My BF doesn't speak a word of korean and CNP charged their ordinary rate. And they printed all his care instructions in English for him.

If you speak korean, obviously you don't have to worry about clinics that overcharge foreigners though.

You're right, the Korean consumer web is kind of a big joke here, it's riddled with spam and fake content, whether you're looking for a doctor or a good Korean BBQ place. Locals tune out the opinion part and use reviews to look up info like location, hours and prices (Koreans mostly rely on their personal network's referral).

Renewme is an international clinic, so they'll have more of premium than a local clinic, but in my opinion, it's still cheaper than the US in some aspects. If you like comfort and being able to speak English with the staff, given priority treatment over Koreans and you're not on a tight budget, then it's a good fit.

I used to go there a lot for IV nutrient therapy and to treat an occasional breakout.

Last week I went to a very local clinic, the kind that when a foreigner walks in, the entire staff looks at you like a deer caught in headlights because they speak zero english, and are wondering how you managed to walk in.

I went there out of convenience because it's around the corner from me. I looked at their price sheet and noticed a lot of their packages are marked lower because they're for Koreans. I know enough Korean to get by, but not having a staff who speaks English, and being treated like a martian from another planet staff: giggling, hesitating etc... and having a doctor who can't really communicate with you can be annoying.

Also, if you're someone who has my skin tone (mediterranean, latin, middle eastern, persian, filipino, southeast asian, south asian, etc...) I would advise going to an international clinic: Woo Han, Leaders, Renewme, Oracle, HusHu, etc... that is used to dealing with different skin types and know how to adjust the settings on the lasers accordingly.

Compared to Australia, Renewme's prices are a lot more expensive, particularly considering the laser they were quoting for (and the fact that you would have to go back 4 or 5 times!!)

This is even more so if you are an Australian resident correcting acne scars with a dermatologist in Australia, where you can claim a portion of the costs back with Medicare (for laser, dermal grafts etc)

I bet, most countries outside the US have much more reasonable health care costs. When I was in the States, it cost $90 for me to just talk to a dermatologist for 15 minutes.

I believe Renewme is targeting more affluent clientele for their foreign patient services, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Most laser skin toning treatments usually require 4 to 5 treatments to see results. Unless it's a one time dramatic treatment like fraxel laser skin resurfacing. I get a lot of users asking about skin treatments and I don't really advise on doing a treatment that is going to require 4 to 5 sessions with 3 to 4 week intervals because if they're medical tourists, then they're not going to be around for that long. They could do a one-off and continue treatment back home.

So skin clinics for tourists could be good for fillers, botox, fat grafting, prp, mole removal, permanent makeup, skin resurfacing or pampering with facials and peels, and or beginning a long term treatment they're going to continue when they go back (hair and tattoo removal, laser skin toning, acne treatment, etc...).

Fraxel:

aboutfaceskincare.com/sites/default/files/u28/Fraxel%20face%20progression.jpg

hi! i can't seem to find the website for Tam Clinic. Any idea?

Hi everyone! I'm heading to korea in oct for about a month.

1) Planning to do some acne scars and beauty treatments there. I have done lots of CO2 and Fractional lasers in Singapore for the past few years, plus TCA Cross, subcision, but results have reached a plateau for a while already, so looking for some new machines and methods.

Any recommendations? Based on what i've read here, I have shortlisted CNP, Leaders, Emagic, Tam (Dr Kwon). Any particular doctors that anyone knows are good?

2) Also, am at a dilemma between doing fillers or rhinoplasty. I've done fillers for my cheeks and chin before, but not sure about my nose bridge. I've got different friends who advised for each, so I'm torn. =/

Fillers: if I don't like the outcome, it's reversible/ can wait it out. More expensive in the long run.
Rhino: no recurring charges for annual top up. What if anything goes wrong, or I don't like the outcome - permanent / have to get revision.

What do you gals think?

3) Anyone heard of good reviews for The Line? Thinking of doing double eyelid with them as a friend did hers there. But am open to more recommendations too.

Thank you!

Hrmmm im not sure but in Korea i think "aestheticians" can do skin treatment too for simple procedures. Like over in Australia lasers, peels etc can be done by aestheticians but injectables must be done by a dermatologist, surgeon, gp with the right liscense and liscensed nurses.

I'm thinking of doing skin care and maybe hair removal in korea but I just have no idea about any of it.... Never did any of this kind of stuff before even in California so not sure if Seoul is cheaper? It's just appealing to me because the really ulzzang styled korean girls I see in the States have such beautiful skin.

My skin really isn't bad or oily. I only get the occasional 3-5 pimples on my forehead/t-zone every few weeks... never on my cheeks. However it's strange because my skin doesn't really like any facial products save for sekkisei toner, skinfood black sugar mask, and oddly cetaphil lotion (drugstore brand you can use for all over body so it's really wtf). All used separately.

I've tried switching to the korean 5 step skin routine many times, but it just makes me break out so much more than normal ugh.. so I revert back to my usual: wash face in the morning and during shower, dabbing what's remaining on hands from applying lotion to body to face which keeps me in pretty good shape. Everything I've tried makes me break out :\that's why I'm a little scared of having even a facial done because idk how I'll react. I'm not even oily skin so it's just frustrating...

My skin's forever stuck at decent with a few pimples and I really wanna know how to get pearly glowing perfect skin ughhhh....