BeautyHacker

Good skin clinics in Korea

I know this is annoying but there's just information overload.

I have really bad skin (oily + breakout + acne scars + huge pores)

Jeez. I want to get rid of all of it. What are the usual procedures done or rather, what are the best procedures to get?

I've uploaded a picture of my condition ):

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to one skin clinic and i forgot what was the term used but i remembered they say the first step is to treat existing acne (by injecting some thing into the skin to kill all bacterias) then 2nd step would be laser (i forgot what laser is that) then 3rd step would be peeling (is there such a method?)

But are there any side effects for laser/peel? I heard I cant go under the sun anymore after doing it because my skin would be too thin and sensitive?

I think peeling refers to chemical peel - if your skin is sensitive you just need to be careful, apply lots of moisturizer and sunscreen afterward but otherwise it should be ok. And for acne treatments it's important to regularly receive treatment... if not, laser toning or fraxel might be good for acne scars/marks.. if you can only go one time. One treatment is still definitely better than none at all. And maybe the doctor can prescribe some medication for you as well :smile:

1 or 2 treatment will not see any results..I have seen 2 dermatologist in Seoul and told me that for laser treatment it needs a few 3-6 to see results. One was honest to recommend me to do Revlite Laser back home. I was looking at treating at pores and skin tone then

The injection could be steroid injection. I had 1 huge breakout previously which was infected with pus and the Dr gave me steroid + oral antibiotics.
You may want to see a dermatologist for oral medication.
Peeling refers to chemical peeling or microdermabrasion.
for laser treatment we need to use sunblock but even without laser my Dr always advise sunblock as the most impt regime. :smile:

Guess this is what you want : http://www.soyoung.com/p1408543

PRP + derma shine is a good treatment for hydration, if you have dry skin. It's hyaluronic acid used for skin treatment, not filler. I've done it before, and for its price, it didn't make any dramatic changes to my face but it definitely feels moisturized. My skin didn't feel tight after cleansing, which usually happens when the weather is dry

I'm planning on doing fraxel laser along with my incisional double eyelid in a couple weeks and was wondering how long the recovery for fraxel is? Will i be all red, swelling and patchy for full 7 days (i read it takes 7 days recovery) or will it go down after a few days? I was hoping to go out in korea but if im all blotchy I'd probably want to stay inside? Is it a waste of money to just get one treatment of fraxel and also is recovery really only 7 days or can you still tell your skins sensitivity afterward? thanks!!

Probably will not affect the eyes. Best would be to ask the doctor of course... forums are reliable but not as much as a professional ;)

I've been battling with acne problem since I was a teenager. 20 yrs down the road, I'm still having it.

It's a vicious cycle. All the while I took medication to prevent it. I've been taking all sorts antibiotics all these years. And I'm quite certain more or less some damage could have been done to my liver by now.

The moment I stop taking, acne kept coming back. And when I look myself in the mirror, I felt like ending my life. I looked horrible.

I don't think going for asethetic treatments will be a long term solution. Is there any other way to find out what is the root cause of it and stop it totally? This is REALLY REALLY depressing in my case.

I just wanna stop once and for all, not taking anymore medication. Had enough of it!!