BeautyHacker

Good skin clinics in Korea

yesh there's like 7 branches or something. I just went in to get laser hair removal today. As most of us here are foreigners, u really have to bargain hard because they will try to sell you either a package price or a higher single session price. I pretty much knocked mine down for full legs and under arms for 100 000 won. Initial they quoted me was 200 000!

PS: the laser they use here is the pulse laser which requires the cold gel. I was wondering why they didn't require me to wear goggles. But it was fine as it wasn't the kind they use in Australia or the US where its spot targetting and causing a red flash.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, props to you for the successful bargaining!! How did you do it? xD

i turned into an ahjumma LOL LOL. nah i just said cos mine is just a touch up, if u want foreigner to come to oracle u have to understand that we are only here once in a while and packages don't work for us. So u will just lose a customer if u refuse to budge.

Anyone know what kind of treatment I can get for an upraised mole about 3mm in diameter? Can I get it frozen off or lasered? I don't exactly want to cut it out because that will leave a bigger scar than the mole itself.

The mole is about half a cm below my bottom lip to the right

Your best bet is to try and use the online forum and with the help of an online translation site. Many clinics do not have an email add on their website.

My mom had a bunch of warts on her face, probably bigger than the mole you described and she got them all lasered off (the kind you get as you get older?). But it might depend... usually you can just send in a picture online and they recommend a treatment and initial price. Best if you can visit in person though...

The only skin clinic I ever went to was Renewme which was a little while back, I haven't been to others so I don't know how this place is compared to other clinics (if anyone has more reviews...).... but it was really clean and professional and they have good services even after treatment. There's also an English speaker always available (even when u call) which is always a plus :biggrin:

Thank you :smile:
I managed to do a little research on some Japanese PS clinics (since I can understand a bit) and managed to find out most clinics use CO2 laser to remove moles and warts. Apparently it leaves a little 'dent' where the mole is after a few days of treatment but then gradually fills back in (I don't know how to explain it well... haha). I'm just scared that the mole will grow back because I've heard stories where the 'roots' of the mole (mainly upraised ones) don't get destroyed completely making the mole grow back but smaller in appearance or something :/

I'm hoping to perform some skincare procedures to get rid of my acne scars and smooth out enlarged pores, I emailed Hus Hu Skin and they recommended fraxel dual and other procedures but I'm only going to Seoul for 3 weeks and most probably require several sessions with 3-4 weeks of in between recovery time.

Do you guys think its a waste to just get 1 (or max 2) sessions done, since the results probably won't show (she quoted fraxel $900/session!) Or is there anyone who has done or knows of any procedures that can improve acne scars/pores that can be done within 3 weeks? Much thanks! :smile:

i had my fraxel done last week and i can notice my pores have shrunk already after only one treatment for me. btw 900 for fraxel is tad expensive unless ure doing the whole face. If you just want to target certain problem areas then it should be considerably less. the oracle clinic is actually quite cheap for skin treatments so u might want to look into it. You can also select your dermatologist based on the number of stars on their employee board! Its basically a board where patients stick stars next to the employee's name according to level of service.

Thanks K Couture, i'll look into it!! :smile:

Dr. Kyung-Ho Park who works at DREAM Dermatology & Laser is absolutely the best. He was very kind to me when I was going through traumatic surgery results from another doctor. The doctor's english is perfect, and he is highly skilled. He has surgeon's hands and a very delicate touch. His receptionist only knows a little english, but is able to schedule appointments and give some estimates. His prices are very reasonable and less than many other clinics in Gangnam. I had laser treatment in many areas including eyes. He explains why some treatments are better for you than others, and does not try to sell you additional procedures that might not be beneficial. My skin looks much better.

The office is located at Kukdong Sports Building
152 Apkudong-Ro , Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea
Phone 82-2-546-1613
Website
www.dreamskin.co.kr
Email [email protected]

When you go in the building the security guard will help you find the elevator to the office since there are a few different ones. The elevator to his office is on the left side of the building. Press 3rd floor button. If taking a taxi it is good to have address written in Korean or have the taxi driver call their office for the address.