BeautyHacker

Good skin clinics in Korea

must be got steroid in medicine. I go use local product skin clinic make at first look nice but then I stop using skin become bad again. Doctor tell me when got steroid will like that

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mom is in her late 40s and is still fighting acne. She's tried many things, but its hard because its hormonal acne. It never goes away for her, and she's tried many things. Her dermatologist recommended birth control and it has helped a bit, but she still has days where its really bad. I'm not sure if there's a "cure" for hormonal acne, but it really sucks seeing her try everything she can for the past 10+ years trying to get rid of it.

So yeah, if she ever finds a way to permanently get rid of it, I'll let you know (:

So far, I've not been using any skincare related products for my face. I just wash it and simply put some SIMPLE brand moisturiser. Which is not oily. Not putting anything else in case it worsen it.

I've been prescripted for all I know some sort of antibacterial pills. They really cured my acne for awhile and I experienced smooth "flawless" skin for that while. 2-3 weeks later after I stop the medication, the impact comes back.

The doctor is bull****ting me! He said I never followed his rountine, that's why it keeps coming back. But that's not true, ANd I strongly agreed that it's hormonal acne, which will never be cured. It can only be prevent, but not cured! It's all inside the body.

It's either you're blessed with good gene or you've to live with it forever. Life really sucks, if you have good look, you need to have good skin to go with it. I can't keep up with all these anymore. It's so tiring and demoralising. So what your features got fixed, you still need to fix your skin.

When will I ever be happy again?

Hey Vanilla Creme, this might not mean much coming from me, but I think stressing out on these kind of things also may not be good for your skin, but more importantly your health overall. When I think about it, some of the prettiest people I know in real life don't even have perfect skin, hair, etc...

I think it was really unprofessional for the doctor to blame you for your acne to come back up. I've seen my mom struggle with it so I can see how frustrating it is because everything she's tried for the past decade ends up failing. She's never complained though, and even in her late 40s, she hasn't given up. Her skin has cleared up significantly since 10 years ago though, and her problem area now is mostly on her jawline/neck (common with hormonal acne). Even last week she went to see a new dermatologist so she hasn't given up yet. Even though she's struggling with it, she's still really positive and is living her life happily. Its very admirable.

Birth control can be used to treat hormonal acne for women. I think it's common for hormonal acne but not sure if its common for just regular acne. I'm not a dermatologist, but I'm pretty certain it wouldn't treat acne for men.

I have acne, hormonal and diet related and my dermatologist has recommended it to be in the past. But since I hear long term use of birth control pills can have long term effects on your reproductive health, I don't take them. Besides, if you're a guy I doubt it's hormonal acne.

I started to take Hyaluronic acid supplements and have seen pretty awesome results. There's different types. I take the natural, extracted from rooster's gobble kind.

It's not too expensive and may be worth a shot :smile:

I used to take the antibacterial pills too! But I kept getting yeast infections. Terrible. Seriously, try hyaluronic acid. You find this ingredient in high end skin care products, but I've been taking supplements of this stuff and my skin is much much calmer.

Hi, can I ask where you get your hyaluronic acid pills from? The dermatologist in korea put me on antibacterial pills for 2 weeks too and my skin cleared up! but now that I've stopped taking it my skins slowly going back, though definitely still better than before

Kkim120 which brand are you taking?
My skin is terrible, on and off will have some bumps on my face. And I got enlarged pores. I have been taking acnotin for years! It will get come back like 6months later if I stopped taking. Thinking of going for laser treatment!
Most of the korean ladies I met in ps clinic, their skin is flawless!

I take LifeTime Hyaluronic Acid 140 mg.

It's not the cheapest out there but it's natural. The cheaper ones are cultivated from bacteria with the same chemical structure so I don't know if it really matters...

And @hopefulbliss, I used to be on doxycycline but once I stopped taking it (yeast infection) my skin immediately started acting up again.

So I went for a consultation with my dermatologist in Korea too, and was recommended scaling? I think it's some sort of mild chemical peel and aside from that they also use those scary looking blackhead popping tools to remove all the "sebum" from your face. No pills for me because my acne is not thaaaat bad... did anyone have peels for acne treatment before? I might try it but they're telling me I need to get it regularly done and it's like a few hundred bucks for a package.

and for pores I think laser is the best option ... pretty sure taking medicine won't help haha

• 2 weeks later...
Any recommendations for clinics that offer micro-needling in S. Korea?

Just had my first session at my clinic here and I love it. Down time is so much shorter than laser (yeah, results are not as dramatic, too, but good enough for me), which will enable me to get these treatments without having to wait for vacation periods (just do it on a Friday and I'll be golden on Monday), so hoping that Korea has good dermatology clinics with this as an option.

• 4 weeks later...
Sorry for your negative experience, thank you do much for sharing