BeautyHacker

Post prices of Korean clinics here!

Hey everyone!~
I thought I would add to this topic and I hope you find my post helpful :smile:
I recently (well about two weeks ago!) contacted Banobagi for an online consult and quote.
I posted photos to them (cause if you don't they say they can't give you an accurate evaluation and quote?) of profile and front. I included what I wanted which is zygoma and facial contouring/ vline. I also have a slight underbite (not major) but it has made my bottom lip curl over slightly..I have had braces and my orthodontists tried a non surgical method of bringing my jaw forward into better alignment by use of orthodontic plates :,( they made me have an even bigger jaw when I wore them cause of the plastic chunks that overlapped and made it hard to eat, they were removable (just thought I might add that if anyone is going to have similar or if they didn't know about this method), anyway, back more on topic, I told her this and asked if there were any solutions as well and waited for a reply. And waited...and waited..until finally this afternoon..I got a reply. Admittedly the workers were probably busy replying to the plethora of other messages and doing other things, I was just a bit impatient for her reply and quote.
The lady that replied to me was called ‘Hebe’, she seemed nice..I think? Haha she only really gave me information on procedures xD.
Anyway, she suggested for me all for one surgery (which included mandible or jaw reduction/vline, muscle reduction and buccal fat removal), cheekbone reduction and genioplasty.
For your information, here is some quotes (not price) from her about what the surgeries entail :smile:

All for one~:

“....It is not the traditional meaning of just cut[ting] your mandible bone (the angle). Actually we do a long line cutting from the jaw angle (but we will save some angle to make sure your jaw line looks natural) to your chin, It is a surgery [that] can adjust your jaw line and chin length together. After this surgery you will feel your chin narrower and harmonious with your face line as well.

Cheekbone/Zygoma~:

“We have a special cheekbone reduction called “3D Rotation Malar Reduction”....We observed that you have cheeks are pointing sides not the front. Therefore, 3D rotation cheek reduction will help you move your cheek to point the front side so that your face will be more 3 dimensional structures.

>> Surgical procedure

1. General anesthesia is carried out.
2. An intraoral incision is made and the cheekbone is excised to shift its position.
3. An excision of the zygomatic arch is performed through a pre auricular stab incision and the cheekbone is removed.
4. The amount of inward shift of the protruding cheekbone is decided prior to the surgery and the cheekbone is moved and the moved bone is fixed.

(It was suggested that I undergo ‘cheek endotine’ (?) as it will prevent sagging skin and would improve my lip curl.)

Note- I am still a bit unsure about zygoma..it sounds a bit..idk..not structurally sound and tricky since the zygoma is a smaller and thinner bone and I am unsure of the long term sustainability since I have heard it described as ‘like a tent [structure]’ and holds every thing up in that part of the face and I would imagine sagging (I am not sure of what cheek endotine is so if you know I would love to hear) would be prevalent and therefore lead to implants etc which is more expense if so.

Note Two- It was recommended that people doing these procedures from overseas should stay in Korea for a minimum of fourteen days as that is when stitches are removed. Also apparently 80% of swelling will subside in about that time period and the final result will be seen in six months.

Time now for the exciting bit, what this whole topic is about..Prices, the prices I was quoted for these procedures at Banobagi.. !! So let's not waste any more time and without further ado I'll tell you :smile: ~

Firstly, for All for one surgery the quote I received was ₩7700000 Or 7.7M KRW or around 8280 AUD (USD is only a few dollars difference).
For cheekbone or zygoma reduction I was quoted ₩6600000 or 6.6M KRW or around 7100 AUD.
For Genioplasty I was quoted ₩4950000~₩6050000 which I found slightly ambiguous since it was a pretty big gap as far as money is concerned, I wonder why that is so? Anyway I converted it around halfway at ₩5050000 which amounts to about 5442 AUD.
Finally for the extra of ‘cheek endotine’ (?) it is an additional 7150000 KRW or about 7706 AUD.

All up it amounted to around ₩26,500,000 or 26 1/2M KRW or $28,560 (AUD).

Personally I found it quite/slightly overpriced (not that I am an expert on prices for procedures in Korea). I am not entirely sure if I need genioplasty but idk I might..and whatever the ‘cheek endotine’ is it is quite pricey (well that's my opinion but idk what it is!) :smile: I welcome your opinions on the prices as well as I would like to know what you think about them.

Sorry for my long and possibly partly irrelevant ramblings but I hope it helped and maybe even saves you time if you were wondering about quotes and information of the procedures if you were gonna wait for the online consult of Banobagi.

Thank you so much for reading and all of your informative and helpful posts. Have a nice day everyone~ :heart: ^_^ x

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mattherine_lee,

from what I know Yumi had arrange a face to face consultation with Dr Lee for me last few weeks ago. She never said she's a profession consultant to me and my friends. From our experience I feel she is being very honest to us and had answered all our questions that we asked. Maybe you were confused by another person called rachelle reis or oh soo young?

For what i know Yumi just co-ordinate assist arrange schedule to Dr Lee From SMPS, Korea.
I don't think scheduler need medical license lol.
And i never gossip people personal life ,maybe your friends & YOU love gossip & spares rumors about people personal life .:biggrin:

And i went SMPS surgery as well , i found Dr lee are friendly Doctor and he love create nature looking .

i think the person you mention before are Name (Rachellce Reis also Name Oh Soo Young & amber ) 1 person with 3 position and names
*She always claim herself professional consultant but without certificated :roflmfao:
*Always mention Dr lee will come Singapore face to face consultation ONLY for cheating customers
*Graduated under Sydney ??
* Taken other model photos for advertisement

Hi eimsies,

my consultation with Yumi went well. Cause I will be heading to SMPS for Rhinoplasty and Fat Grafting. Before heading to Seoul for surgery, I had a consultation with Yumi regarding the surgery I will be going and which implant should I go for. All the enquiries that I had was answered as well, to me she is a friendly and nice person.

Thank so much TaRaUnnie I hope others carry it forward and post Before & After pics when they return from their plastic surgeries. I've been a bit skeptical after hearing scandals of plastic surgery clinics using photoshop on their websites for after pics. So it would be awesome to have genuine B&A's from us purseblog members. Dr. Yun Chang Woon at View Clinic did all my surgeries in 6 hours. I was afraid after the surgery my rhinoplasty was too natural LOL. Most people did not even know I had a rhinoplasty when I returned. Dr. Woon did tell me at the consultation he was aiming for a natural look. I'm extremely pleased with my results and see a major difference.

Also realized I made a mistake on my original post. Since View Clinic did not break down prices for me. Just charged me 7,500,000 KRW total for everything. I made educated guesses at what each procedure cost from what I sourced from this forums as acceptable prices for each procedure.

The rhinoplasty (with alar reduction & tiplasty) was probably 4,500,000 KRW

Hi Eimsies,

Ya, I will be doing surgery with Dr Lee. My consultation included a face to face consultation with Dr Lee as well, and I asked him regarding the procedure for my Rhinoplasty surgery. And he suggested me to go for implant and tip plasty due to short nose as what Yumi had suggested as well. My friend also had a face to face consultation with the doctor, and things went well, she will be heading to Seoul this October. :smile: Thanks!

Taraunnie I found Banobagi three times overpriced what other PS clinics even those included in the top 15 charge. But if you're set on Banobagi be firm and insist on the surgery the day you want it to be. Since you'll definitely need the full 14 days of healing. I emailed banobagi 3 months before my arrival in Seoul with an exact consultation date. And when I was at the clinic Hebe told me the doctor was too busy with other surgeries and wanted to schedule my rhinoplasty 5 days after the consultation. So I would only get 7 days of healing before my return flight and have the stitches taken out back at home.

Plus, I never saw the doctor at all during the consultation at Banobagi. With Wonjin, View, and Teiumps the consultation included the doctor examining me and letting me feel out the doctors and how comfortable I would be in their hands.

Hi Eimsies,

Sure I will update on my surgery with SMPS. :smile:

I went to some clinics regarding a rhinoplasty (hump removal, nose tip)

BK 4,5m KRW ( the doctor went after 1 min!!. Lol stupid!)
ChungdamU 4m KRW (Liars, I consulted with them via Kakaotalk and they said it costs around 2.6m KRW)
TL 4.3m KRW (via Kakao it was 3.5m KRW)
Hershe 2.2m KRW (doctor really friendly. Overall the people were nice and not pushy at all!)
Unique 3.5m KRW (via Kakao 2.8m)
Nplus 3.5m KRW (really small clinic, does only rhinoplasty)
Cocoline 3m-3.5m KRW
Opera 2m KRW (It was the last clinic I went to and I chose them to do the surgery. I didn't chose them because it's the cheapest, overall the clinic was nice not too big not too small and I could agree on the procedure they were doing.)

I couldn't decide between Nplus, Hershe and Opera.
Unique was okay too.

By the way, some of the clinics mentioned don't have English speaking staff.

Ack..I wonder why they decided to be so expensive? I bet the locals would probably get the procedures for half that price assuming they are like a lot of other Korean PS. I'd hope that / maybe it would be sort of a quality over quantity thing where you are paying for the doctors’ supposed cutting edge skills and fantastic results? But maybe that's just trying to sympathize with and justify them? Idk..but what I do know is that Banobagi was pretty lousy in regard to you not being able to meet the doctor even though you had booked so far in advance. I mean, what are their priorities? Surely they would have marked it down and scheduled it for you? Did you just do the consultation with Hebe? In a way I kind of (not meaning to be rude to them) find those sort of consultations, especially if they are on of the final leading up to your surgery, pretty meaningless as it is the doctor/expert you want to discuss it with, the one who will perform the surgery on you..not the consultant (which is what Hebe is, isn't she? I think?) and that's kinda slack, I'm not trying to mean to them though, the doctor might usually have time for consults or he might not, hopefully he does and it's not the standard slack procedure you unfortunately had to partake in. In saying that however, you were able to find a really good clinic with skilled surgeons that you were able to consult beforehand and get a (likely) more affordable deal and great results :smile: I reckon having to take your stitches out when you returned home would have been much more of a hassle and is not really fair for a foreign patient.
That was good you were able to see the doctors at Wonjin, Teium and View and get a more thorough consult. I considered Wonjin at one stage but I don't remember what made me fall beneath the sidelines? Idk..

Anyway, one final question..What were the clinics you visited like and did they vary much from one another in regard to layout and interiors, the size of the building and staff etc

Yes we definitely get charged two to three times what locals get. I don't speak any korean so expected to be charged foreign prices. I would imagine it is extremely hard to get local prices at popular clinics unless you speak fluent korean. Banobagi's priorities seem to be how high they can charge foreigners and see if you'll pay it. Consultation was entirely with Hebe I wanted to meet the doctor but she said he was in a surgery and very busy with a packed surgery schedule. I was thinking well if the doctor's skill is that incredible maybe he is worth paying the $$$$$. But at the same time this is my primary rhinoplasty and double eyelid surgery it should not be 13 million KRW. I agreed to schedule the surgery 5 days later and was taken to the bank to withdraw cash. But at the bank I couldn't shake this bad feeling in my stomach about not having met the doctor, having alot of pressure during the consultation, having the surgery 5 days later, and having stitches taken out at home. I told them I changed my mind and left. But that is just my personal experience and maybe it will be different for you.

The interior layouts for the clinics I visited were all within walking distance of Gangnum. Didn't take a single bus there :smile:. Banobagi had an entire building to themselves (very busy), Wonjin, and View had multiple floors in their buildings (waiting rooms were full of patients). They had different floors for different procedures. Teiumps was a single floor and their specialty is only for eyes (less patients).

saqua are you korean? 2 million KRW is like local prices. How do you like your rhinoplasty?

Hi Sasqua,

May I ask what are the procedures that Opera is performing for the rhino? Are you getting an implant for the bridge?

Hey,
I'm halfkorean so I had most of the consultations in korean.
I posted a question on realself you can see my nose and my photoshopped nose here

As you can see most of the "western" doctors didn't recommend a silicone implant in my case.
But mostly all korean plastic surgeons I had consultation with said a 1mm silicone implant is needed!
Nplus was the only one who said its not necessary for most hump noses. (That's good to hear)
Hershe and Opera first suggested a silicone implant, but when I said I wanted it without they said it works fine as well.
So in my case, after the hump is shaved down it creates an open roof which is closed by pressing the nasal bones together. The tip will be lifted with my own septal cartilage. If I don't happen to have enough septal cartilage they harvest my ear cartilage.
I will have my surgery in 2 weeks! ^^

How will you achieve a higher bridge then are you using cartilage for the bridge as well as seen in the your photoshop pic? Your hump is very mild so maybe pushing the bones together will work without an osteotomy too then? Thanks for your response and goodluck for your surgery!!:smile: