BeautyHacker

Post prices of Korean clinics here!

The truth is, almost all plastic surgery clinics overcharge foreigners. They like to think that because us foreigners don't understand Korean, it's most likely that we don't know the local price. But if we can find a reputable translator to haggle for us to let us pay the local price, you be surprised by how cheap plastic surgery in Korea could actually be.

I remember comparing prices back when I was still considering and researching on plastic surgery. I remember how I would send emails to different clinics to ask for their prices. I've got some really over the top prices and suspiciously low prices. It took me a while to figure out that even the low prices I've been given are still overpriced according to local Koreans.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have consulted so far~ Banobagi, Item, Delightful Aesthetics (DAPRS), The Line and JW.. I think I am certainly being ripped off..
ZR and FC= Zygoma Reduction (cheekbone) and facial contouring (vline) they are the procedures I have been quoted for..most clinics have suggested genioplasty as well but mostly for those three procedures I have gotten an average price of ₩18~20 M which I think is pretty expensive compared to the prices I have seen you post. As you said, the prices should be competitive and lower due to the competition. And yes, they SHOULD be ashamed ripping us off that much..it almost seems as though they think we either have money to burn or are pretty oblivious and stupid.

Use the prices to know the minimum and maximum. I am simply posting the ones I found while I searched online for reviews.

It is a lot of money. I searched more and it seems some clinics can give locals a lower price, because when they get foreign patients they get way more money. So it balances out.
And from what it seems foreigners are willing to more than they should; keeping this ripping off business going on for them.

Thanks for replying.

Have you consulted View?

I would avoid JW. It seems to have bad reviews going around, but I did not verify by myself as I am not interested in JW.

I have not consulted View. When I first researched them I got taken to this website -> http://viewclinic.com/en/e_htm/intro.php .. And I thought that was the whole website and didn't list any of the procedures or contact information and was really basic, I was kinda naive and brushed them aside because of this reason. When I read your message today I went back and searched and found the [actual] website. I am interested in how many facial contouring procedures they have and how they have a ‘natural vline’ procedure that doesn't make the chin pointy and unnatural, I like that idea better :smile: They have a procedure called ‘face off™’ which is essentially the same as Banobagi’s ‘All for One’ procedure (Facial contouring, Buccal fat and muscle removal, etc). I did not have to online consult to get quotes though cause they don't lock their consult enquiry messages as private so you can read through all people's messages and enquiries (a little bit odd). This is good if someone is enquiring about a price for the procedure you want because you can just read the quote where the consultant replied :P

The prices I found (by doing this) are as follows:

Square Jaw Reduction ~ ₩6M*
Cheekbone reduction~ ₩6M*
Vline~ ₩9.5M

*The consultant also stated that if you have these two procedures together they can organise a discount or discuss the price when you get have face to face consultation.

Have you had any experience with View? You have sparked my interest in them because I like most of their before and afters from Let Me In and they seem like a reputable clinic with skilled surgeons to me :smile:

I heard about the scandal at JW with the Chinese lady, but apart from that I haven't heard anything else, have you? I am a bit skeptical of it but, I don't know....

Now you are making me wonder what discount they could give if a group went there.

I have not had any experiences with View. At times I investigate procedures out of curiosity and View is a clinic that offers quick zygoma (or was it mini v-line?) and that is how I found them.
But to be honest, I do trust nor distrust the clinics that are featured in "Let Me In" because clinics can pay or sponsor to be on the show in other countries (ex: USA), saving the program/producers a lot of money. I once read this review on realself about this surgeon that was featured on a Tyra Banks show and he seemed very experienced. So the woman went and got an operation by the man, only to get a botched job. Again, this was in USA and might differ in countries, but just keep it in mind.

While I searched on old threads in the forum, many people have said that Chinese people on some forum were talking about botched jobs and I have found that message quite a few times. This could be all the users just relaying what they read or something serious. I am not sure.
To be on the safe side, they are off my list.

Are you talking about botched jobs at view? And is it the clinic off your list? I haven't heard many reviews about them and none on any sort of facial procedure, only eyes with good reviews so I don't know..
I think sometimes the surgeons make an effort when they do people for shows to lure them in and then with the general consensus of people where because it isn't going to be displayed on a show or anything like that they just don't care..That's my theory anyway..

No, sorry. I meant JW. I should have had clarified. The clinic off my list is JW.

And exactly. Some clinics have their top surgeons do the procedures on the contestant, so most likely they will look wow (example: I.D.), but the procedures will not really be that way. And there was this clinic that had this Chinese contestant (Let Me In, Chinese version) and they botched her nose and her face contouring. But they did a lot of excuses and she even protested for days in front of the clinic. They just plainly ignored her (the clinic said it was all a misunderstanding and they were willing to help, that they had been busy at that time so they did not know and they were hurt about her reaction. But seriously, who does not notice a protester going everyday in front of your clinic?). Her being a CONTESTANT and being ignored... makes me wonder if there are other contestants out there (Korean, Chinese or other nationalities) that were ignored and dusted under a rug.
I think this clinic was JW, but again, not sure. So take this with a grain of salt.

The 'scandal' can be found here:
# It wasn't enough for me to take JW off my list because I'm really skeptical about the whole thing, although I can see how it can scare people away.

I think you got to search more instead of making sure about one clinic
this forum is for ppl who is really interested in PS and that is why all of us come here and check how ppl think but the thing you are saying is not FACT
just assuming and it might give wrong info to other ppl
I searched abt Scandal at JW also
but it seems little bit skeptical abt the story

I never said it was a fact, you can read back and I said I was not sure and to take it with a grain of salt.