BeautyHacker

My experience with BANOBAGI

Hello, have you done ur eyelid revision surgery in Banobagi? How was it, would you mind share your experience

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello. Thanks for your ur sharing ur experience. I am keen to undertake eyelid revision surgery on Banobagi. when did u suture out, how many days after surgery? Also did u get local anesthesia or sleeping anesthesia? Which hotel you stayed? And how much does it cost?

Heya, I can't judge whether you'll be a suitable candidate for alarplasty but here's what I can tell you from my experience -

1. Technical 'down time' was around give or take 5 days (memory is a bit fuzzy now) ; that's when they remove the sutures. If you're keen on going out and about there's nothing stopping you, I experienced some swelling but it wasn't really obvious.

2. No, my nose was not stuffed by cotton after the surgery. There were visible sutures on the outside of the nostrils with ointment applied on it, but that was it.

3. Swelling peaked around day 3, but most of it was gone by day 5 when the sutures were removed. To be honest I say 'swelling' but it really wasn't noticeable at all, as soon as you remove sutures, no one can really tell you've had work done unless they peek under your nose. (also provided that you constantly clean your sutures and keep it clean)

4. Yes there was and still is a scar but its not visible unless someone looks at your nose from an angle below your chin. It's pink at the moment, I was told that it would eventually become flesh coloured, but I cannot say for certain until I can 100% confirm this with my own scars. Yes I believe this was the incisional method, a tiny wedge was removed from the insides of my alarbase, but the outside part of the alars were untouched.

5. no sorry I'm afraid I'm not comfortable with sharing any pictures at all.

Don't worry, I understand how you feel. I think what Dr.Lee recommended was the least invasive method (from what I researched online there have been people who've had incisions around the entire external base of their alars. I would be much more concerned if that method had been suggested to me). The only annoying thing was that my alarbase felt really 'tight' after the surgery. I couldn't really laugh or smile properly after because it would 'stretch' the wounds and it did hurt a bit. That took some getting use to... I also couldn't open my mouth too wide to eat because it would result in that stretching/mildly painful sensation. Hope this helps :smile:

Hey Hanna, no worries! Hmm for starters I'm not sure if eyelid revision is entirely the same as non incisional eyelid surgery... but to answer your questions I think I had my sutures out in less than 5 days? I'm really sorry if I can't be 100% accurate about these information, I honestly didn't pay much attention to these details. I got local anesthesia but I was sleeping throughout, I was waken up to 'open and close' my eyes for Dr.Lee. I did wake up in between some procedures but then fell back to sleep, no pain experienced though.

I would recommend staying near the clinic depending on how many procedures you're going for, if you're only going in for a simple one I suppose you don't have to go back often for check-ups and what not. Accurate current hotel prices are easily attainable on bookings.com (that's what I used) :smile:

Hi, Dear.. Can i know you have hired personal translator communication with doctor? I'm planing go alone..but worry for the Language.

thank you so much! Does doctors name is Lee Hyun Taek?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Yogajiajia, sorry for the late reply. I didn't hire any personal translators, I personally didn't feel the need to (you will not be able to negotiate the best price for your procedures with a translator in the picture). Don't worry about communication within Banobagi and most other popular clinics, they all have in house translators. I know Banobagi has a Chinese translator, because I overheard her speaking to a Chinese client.

• 3 weeks later...
hi all i got the quotation from Docfinder for BAnobagi, the price is higher than you guys. :sad:

Planning to do surgery in end of Dec, looking for companion, i might go alone

Banobagi
Non incision double eyelid : 2.09 mil krw or Non incision double eyelid with ptosis correction : 3.5 million KRW
Zygoma reduction + Angular jaw correction + Genioplasty : 16.5 mil KRW

anyone done all in one jaw surgery in banobagi? can share the experience?

i plan to do zygoma reduction and all in one jaw surgeries only, am not thinking to do geneoplasty as don't want the screw or clips leave inside my face.

• 1 month later...
Banobagi is a good clinic, it's the best clinic in Korea. The doctors are kind, professional and responsible, the best doctors in the whole world. Docfinderkorea provides the best services in the whole universe, they'll take extremely good care of you throughout your trip. Both Banobagi and Docfinerkorea are definitely your top choices.

I take back all the things I said about them previously as there were misunderstanding between us. Banobagi and Docfinderkorea is simply awesome, they are the best, best of the best.