BeautyHacker

K Couture's guide to seoul plastic surgery

Hi K,

First of, thank you so much for your posts. It has helped me tremendously in my research. I have been considering rhinoplasty for a while. I have never done any type of plastic surgery before. I am an asian male in late 30s, physically very active. I wonder if the exercises, jumping, running, etc. will effect the implant in anyway?

I have been emailing some plastics surgeon in Seoul and am planning to go to Seoul late june or early July. Here is the list I have compiled so far:

Dr. Jung @ Shimmian
Dr. Lee @ VIP
Dr. Park @ Dream
Dr. Park @ Dr. Park Plastic surgery
Dr. Kim @ TL Plastic Surgery

What do you think?

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anything about Dr Park Plastic Surgery sorry. But as far as the rest are concerned it depends on the condition of your nose, what it requires, its pre existing structure and what you wish to achieve. That will also influence the methodology which is best suited to your case. Without knowing any of that I cannot advice you properly. For example Lee and VIP is known for using autologous grafts for the entire nose. So if you choose to do a rib rhino you need to be aware of its limitations and the invasiveness of the procedure and decide why your nose would warrant the use of that particular method.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Dmania

I actually stumbled upon Dr Park Plastic Surgery using Google. I emailed them and they answered very fast. You're the first post I saw mentioning this place so I'm uncertain if I should make an appointment there. Have you decided where to go?

a) I just needed some added length
b) I didn't need my chin advanced forward due to my facial dimensions not requring it
c) I just wanted a sharper V shaped chin

My chin was done in thailand many years ago with a dodgey chin implant, revised with hydroxyappatite granules.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey K its been a while hope you are well and your surgery was a success. Thanks again for helping with the sim card last year missy. I would have been stuck stealing wifi without you haha. I am planning to go to seoul round September will you be there? You reckon you can recommend me any surgeons who are really good at zygoma reduction? Have you ever seen any surgeons who can do it without making sagging happen. Last time I was in Seoul I saw many young people with saggy puffy faces and as a guy I don't want to look too feminine. I already look very fem as it is so I definitely want to avoid that. I keep searching for masculine zygoma reduction but no information can be found

yeah it all went well. Haha all good. those sims are a freaking pain tho. Apparently it locks onto your phone for months so if u come back to seoul before 6 months i think? The old card u threw away would be locked onto your phone and you gotta call the hot line and wait for ages to get them to rectify the problem. So fyi babes.

Im not going in Sep. Oct for me only for a few days tho. Buying a couture dress for halloween then flying straight to hong kong after so just a casual trip. Don't get an infection this time haha. No cray cray partying for u!

Hrm see about zygoma sagging, I've seen it in everyone besides 2 ppl and they had a lift along with the reduction. But you may not notice the sagging if you don't know what to look for. What i look for in younger ppl is the pockets of fat and tissue that descend following the procedure because there is no longer structure to fold it in place. Not many people notice this and I only do because its what happened to me during my facial contouring.

I think zygoma reduction almost always makes the person look more feminine tho. If that is your concern then perhaps find a conservative surgeon who will not overresect. So many korean surgeons follow their standard of beauty and give the dolly face. So you have to be very specific with whoever you choose. Vanity did hers with Dr Kim and he was conservative about it because she wanted a natural look not the doll face. And also Namu has the pin technique that is patented. You might want to check them out too. I don't know to much about the methodology they use because the consultant there didn't explain it well to me and the wait was atrocious. But if u find out any info do share! xx

Also another option for u is mid face augmentation to give the dimensional look. Then the width would be concealed by leveling.

Hi kcouture! What do you recommend to get rid of the sagging, the pouch of fat after v line for example. A thread lift? Or maybe power V? Or maybe cheek lipo to get rid of some fat, so less fat will be pulled down by gravity? :smile: I do remember you once said that buccal fat removal will make sagging even worse...and I remember reading somewhere a MACS lift is a bit invasive

I wouldn't recommend power v lift for sagging. The V tag is a gimmick. Currently there is no actual procedure that gives an true lifting and tightening effect besides your lifting procedures. Its the same with acculift. Acculift is told to shrink soft tissues while reducing fat volume. When I asked Dr Mendelson he told me the lifting is superficial, not permanent and will dissipate once swelling is gone. Ive had acculift before and he is correct. It is great for volume reduction but not lifting.

Sagging from zygoma reduction is a mixture of skin fatty tissue and muscle. For older people the muscle and skin sagging is far more evident. Depending on the degree of sagging different lifts may work. Thread is for minimal, Macs is for more visible correction and SMAS is for people where the deep layers have significant drooping. Then theres the concentric malar lifts too which work as well. But these are all true tissue lifts which actually work and not gimmicks. My lift which i used are the concentric malar lift to negate sagging from mandible reduction and the omega lift for the nasofolds

Oh yeah and buccal fat can cause sagging when u age. Older ppl should do it. I did it when i was like 19-20 and it was fine. But then i had another buccal fat removal and then i noticed the sagging. Lucky for me the concentric malar lift reversed that too.

I'm just finding it so disheartening because I have always hated my cheekbones but I think I would hate it more if I do it and look too feminine and then some sagging know what I mean? Maybe I could do the weekend lift at the same as zygoma reduction do you know if that is possible? I am having a hard time finding a clinic that does the weekend lift though. Korea seems to do only V lifts and regular face lifts but I don't want to look too girly with the V lift and I am too young for regular lifts because they are invasive. Sometimes I just want to give up on my search it is very frustrating. Is there really no way you can do a zygoma reduction without a lift which will not cause sagging? Is there really no method to date for this?

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much for all the information!! Plastic surgery isn't something to take lightly, and we really need to make a lot of research on clinics and surgeons before going under the knife.
I hope everyone who considers plastic surgery will read this. Very informative.

Hey K, thank you for your in-depth insight and for you taking the time to do this. This really is the guide to Seoul PS, I really appreciate it!!

I was wondering since you've mentioned Dr. Park (Dream) being one of the better surgeons around for closed rhinoplasty, would you recommend him for smaller procedures such as alar reduction and possibly tip plasty?

Would you also recommend doing both DES and rhinoplasty together at the same clinic, or doing both seperately?

And could you also pass me the list of foods to avoid :P

Once again, thank you so much for writing this! x