BeautyHacker
Sign in to follow this  
kino

How can I get around Korea without English?

Question

FIRST QUESTION OF TRANSLATION SECTION

I speak zero Korea except for knowing what "Kimchi" is at a Korean BBQ restaurant. What are some tips or useful ways I can get around without speaking Korean. 

3 answers to this question

I speak zero Korean and found that in Seoul it’s not that difficult to communicate. When speaking to taxi drivers it’s best to show them the address in their letters. Some don’t understand our alphabet. Using google translate while not that efficient is also helpful. When asking for help I find that asking young people as opposed to older, will be better ods that they will speak some English. 

The experience was the opposite for me. I’m so glad I know enough Korean to ask the locals or to know places or to read the menu. Otherwise google translate is your best friend 

i would recommend using papago naver mobile site on your web browser. google translate is usually not as accurate. you can type what you want to say, and show the locals the translated sentences.