Jump to content
BeautyHacker

calmwaters

Members
  • Posts

    29
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    7

Everything posted by calmwaters

  1. When you do in person consults, do you plan ahead to be in the area to make one trip of it? I don't know if it you live close to Korea or travel far.
  2. Don't most of these clinics have a lot of positive reviews though? I remember reading clinics will delete or hide bad ones. Not all clinics but a lot of them do apparently.
  3. I have seen this clinic mentioned in one of the groups I am a part of. I remember someone saying they got a jaw correction done there and she had good results. This was not recent though. I would have to dig a bit for the pictures she shared. There are reviews online with pictures as well as people just sharing their experiences.
  4. It could but you would likely end up getting results in Korean and that would likely make it harder for you if you don't know Korean. Contacting clinics helps but as mentioned, you just do basic background checks on credentials online. If they are certified, you have way less to worry about.
  5. Ablative Lasers, i.e. CO2 or Erbium, work on deep wrinkles. It takes time to recover from but the results are INSANE.
  6. A friend through work had this done and the sagging happened. She ended up going to another clinic, gowoonline clinic I believe, to get some non-surgical post-operation work done and it fixed a lot of her sagging. Apparently it is common and many people, especially women, end up needing some work after to help. She also started taking some sort of peptides that help with skin.
  7. Curious. Are you looking for revision rhino work? If so, I have recently read and seen amazing results over at the Zero One Plastic Surgery clinic. I see I am not the only one mentioning it here too!
  8. I don't know much about Pride but I have looked into View and can share what I know. View Plastic Surgery is considered a single-specialty clinic in Seoul, South Korea. It was founded in 2005 making it 21 years old. It is noted for its expertise in breast plastic surgery and face contouring. And they also have a 13-year record of no reported accidents or medical negligence which is good!
  9. I am not sure how the surgery entirely works, I am still researching it but this is what I told I should get done to reduce the puffiness and sagging appearance under my eyes. There are almost like pillow pockets under them and they have gotten worse in recent years due to allergies. I swear they make me look 10 years older than I am and I hate it! I have been looking into clinics, doctors, options, etc. and Dr. Ko over at Zero One Plastic Surgery seems to do really good eye work. I don't know if anyone here specifically went there for this procedure but if you did, share your experiences. Really share any experiences with any doctor with this type of surgery. Does it make a difference? Is it worth it?
  10. I am shocked with a name like kpopkelly you don't know! haha It refers to the high-end and sophisticated style associated with the Apgujeong-dong neighborhood in Seoul, South Korea.
  11. From what I have seen, Vava focuses more around eyes, nose and lifting with that polished apgujeong aesthetic. It could be what your friend wants. She should start with a consult if that’s what she is after but don't rely on reviews and Instagram type pictures online for results. A lot of stuff can be filtered.
  12. I was going to mention this. Dental work is not the same as jaw surgery. Dental is a process that can take weeks or even months depending on what needs to be done. It is one of the few things I would stay more local for. I am in the US and the only place I would travel to for dental would be Mexico. I am in Texas so I could drive there in a few hours.
  13. I was looking into some boutique style clinics, ones that feel less like a hospital and more like a spa. They tend to focus on a few surgeries and have one or two doctors. One of the ones I was comparing local places with was Zero One. They seem to focus a lot on fixing nose issues and imperfections but also offer a few other things too. The reviews and before and afters I have seen online are all good. I am just not sure if these sorts of clinics are better or worse than standard ones.
  14. They are fairly decent with traffic and transport there. I think they handle it better than most, especially in the busy cities. I would still be in the general area just to avoid long travel post surgery but time shouldn't be a problem
  15. It really depends. Some people have TONS of swelling but others have hardly anything. You will have bruising but it will be covered by bandages. Someone I work with got her nose done a few years ago and she came to work the following week and she just looked like she got punched. Her face was bruised but hardly any swelling and she felt fine for the most part. No one really thought anything of it.
  16. I think they had to do this because they had some issues with criminal doctors in the early 2010's. Their entire medical sector around plastic surgery has been cleaned up big time and it is now one of the safest and cleanest places to get work done in the world.
  17. I know there are tons of horror stories with plastic surgery gone wrong online but Korea is like the world hub for plastic surgeries and they have some of the best doctors in the world. I would argue they have the highest percentage of them in one location.
  18. I was going to mention this too. There are so many options now for this kind of correction you have to narrow things down a bit. Not every clinic offers the same procedures either.
  19. I think it is fine to have them inform you as well as show you the quality of work done. But not every surgery is going to be a good one. I think most people tend to be happy though when they choose to get work done in Korea.
  20. No problem Glad I could help. Let me know if you need any other help. I have learned a lot myself with research and talking to other people in the plastic surgery circle.
  21. Yes I have heard of this too! Someone I watch on YouTube got her teeth done in Mexico and they look amazing and she paid something like 25% of the cost she would have had she gotten them done in America.
  22. This. You have to understand that this sort of surgery only offers a temporary fix and in some cases it can't be repeated. So once the sagging returns, it is there for good. You would have to get looked over by a surgeon to know if it would be a good surgery or not.
  23. This is what I hear and also have read online. You will either get as good of a job or better. I find their aftercare to be above and beyond compared to the US, Canada, etc. so I would absolutely choose Korea if I were getting breast implants.
  24. Shopping is usually my go-to. I do love trying new foods and that but shopping is so enjoyable. They have tons of areas for shopping.. markets, malls, etc. so it is not hard to find a place to do this. You can also check out their spas and have a relaxing day in one of those.
  25. A brachioplasty is an arm lift. It is not just to remove excess fat but also skin. Usually it goes from the elbow to the armpit. It is a more complex and more expensive surgery. Lip just removes the fat. If you have both loose skin and excess fat, you will want an arm lift.
×
×
  • Create New...