BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

I understand the translation?) In this video, talk about some other doctor , not from Dr.Park OZ?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not understand the translation. But I searched the doctors in ID hospital where that girl had a bad experience there...Among the doctors in ID hospital, I could find a Dr.Park whose first name is different from Dr.Park's at OZ. The girls in this forum go to Dr.Park at OZ that is not the same as Dr.Park in ID hospital as I got!

i just had the operation with dr. park at oz clinic. just to give you some background, i have always hated my legs and finally decided to go through with this surgery thanks to all you ladies that have given me the courage to do this.

consultation day:
flew in to incheon airport at 3pm and took the limousine bus for $15 US to sinsa bus station. we were able to find young dong hotel and check-in to our room. the front desk assisted with arranging a driver to take me to oz clinic right away (after i told them i was heading to the clinic soon).

i arrived at oz clinic and amy greeted me. she took my bloodwork and afterwards i met dr. park. he took a look at my calves, walked me through the complications (expected for any kind of surgery) and answered all questions i had. he told me that with 40cm calf circumference for me a 36 cm result could be expected which would be proportionate with my body. but it all depends on my post-operative care for what the final result will be. we scheduled for surgery for the next day at 10am.

day 1:

i met with dr. park right before surgery and he drew on my calves. later, i was taken to the operation room. i was really nervous at this point - must have been the longest 30 minutes ever. they prepared the IV saline drip, then the anesthesiologist came in and had me turn on my side (in fetal position) so he can locate where to inject. the nurses wiped my legs down to prepare for surgery. my legs started feeling numb at this point and after that i went to sleep shortly after.

i woke up as they were wrapping up my legs. and was moved to the recovery room. i didn't experience the shivering most gals felt, but felt the heat they put underneath me. i was mostly in a daze and i couldn't quite go back to sleep afterwards. throughout the night, i needed help going to the restroom twice and the other three times i managed to go by myself. amy showed me the belly to wall stretch. she gave me the thumbs up and said i was doing it well.

day 2:

the stretches were definitely much harder today. it is so painful doing the stretches, so far susan (other nurse) showed me two exercises - belly to wall and squat. i haven't been religious about doing them consistently every 30 minutes so each time i try it hurts like hell. i'll be back to work on day 10 and am afraid i will be walking like a humpback grandma. right when i get up, i have to hunch over since it's hard for my knees to be straight. after i get myself to do the stretches, i manage to go upright for a bit. i'm trying to walk barefoot in the hotel room, but man it kills. ffxlulu - does the tightness get better? if so, what day do the stretches and tightness get easier?

as for my legs, i can't tell the difference yet since it's bandaged and very bruised and swollen. at this point, i just want to recover soon. :sad: i am at 8 posts now, so hopefully can PM soon.

day 3:

i am timing myself today to make sure i am stretching every 30 minutes. but each time i get up from my legs resting and elevated for 25 minutes, it still feels really tight. i know it will eventually help with the recovery, but so hard to stay positive because each time i get up to stretch again it goes back to being super tight. hopefully by dinner time, i will start feeling better to do light walking outside of the hotel. this surgery is taking a lot out of me and i'm just counting the days for the recovery process to be over.

Linney and Ffxlulu ! My heroes! Good for you two! I admire your spirit and courage and I am so thankful that you two are sharing your experiences so honestly. Linney, my calves are the same size as yours only I'm sure I am way shorter than you! 36 would not be proportionate for me but I'll take it anyway! After I go snowboarding they are gigantic! I'm hoping the best for the two of you! Ffxlulu is already seeing the improvement and you will too!

lol wow... this is not helpful at all. You spent way too much... In reality, you can get accommodation in Korea for 17 days for less than $250 or less than $500 if you want something a little better. Don't expect room service. $10k is just insane... Which the fact that your surgery cost half of that proves. Hey, it's your money, no judgment! But some people might want to spend less... :smile:

Thanks ffxlulu!

How much was your operation?

Hey Linney! CONGRATS !!!! So happy for you!!! I feel like I'm back to Korea again while reading your entries. Don't be lazy on your stretches and make sure your lower belly touches the wall! It will be hard from the beginning, but if you do them properly the pain will reduce greatly! I did my stretches for five minutes non stop and relax through the pain. The tightness will get better the more you stretch. Just be patient and don't be lazy! Once you stop doing stretches, your calf muscle will get shorter and it is very hard to lengthen them back. The stretching was not that difficult for me ever since day 1. I avoided wearing flats in the beginning (big mistake), because it hurts pretty bad in the beginning when wearing flats. I could not wear flats for too long even around day 13. I could not tell the calf difference until around 3 weeks.You will be limping and walking like a grandma when you are back to work. Just tell everyone you twisted your ankles badly, instead of trying to hide it.. I felt a lot better afterwards, because everyone will understand.

Yup, I agree you don't need $10k for the whole trip. You can definitely go to a motel or something similar to save more money. I just chose to live at Young Dong Hotel, which cost around 100,000 KWR per night. Sorry, I forgot to mention that the budget also includes flight ticket as well. I had this mentality that I must go outside to eat and shop instead of staying in hotel everyday since I was in Korea.