BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

I can completely realize what you mean by side look and how muscular the calves are shown by leggings!!!! I don't have any problem with fitting the skinny boots or showing up my calves when I wear shorts or even skinny jeans cause I think my legs are not that bad in them but leggings are a pretty different story!! I really hate my calves in leggings from the side unless I cover them with boots up to my knees! Leggings are definitely my main motivation for doing this op:biggrin:
I always regret why some girls have really big and fatty thighs with thin calves while I have quit thin thighs and big calves!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the photos! They look really great while are still swollen! I am really happy for you. Hope I can get something the same!
But I am more happy to hear that your legs are not itchy anymore! I know how life gets horrible with itchiness!!:lol:

Hi bronte77!

You are so silent these days.I hope every thing is going well for you.
Could I ask what your future plan is for your physical activity due to this fact that you have been active (dancer) for a long time! I am asking cause Dr.Jong says if the girls use their legs in physical activities, the muscles compensate for the removed part( I don't know how much though). I have been also physically active from my childhood and that's why I have muscular calves. Im afraid of getting big muscles again after the op by exercising!
Also, do you have any idea about doing liposuction of a part of leg in accompanied with calf reduction?! Im just afraid these two together get too tough and liposuction prevents me from doing those appropriate stretches! I asked it from you cause you sounds keen in these topics.

ffxlulu!
No worries about your side view! Your front view might look slimmer cause:
1.You took your side view photo from a super close distance and it would be slimmer if you took it from farther.
2. Besides the reason behind why they don't look very thin in the PHOTOS, your ankle and the part that the thickest part of your calves meets your ankle are clearly swollen; I don't know how to describe but this affects the side view but not the front view that much!
So, I believe you will get your ideal straight legs when everything gets normal!

Ya I have the same problem too! It still looks big and bulging from the side

It's still itchy, but not as itchy as before. You also have to force yourself not to scratch, I believe that also can be accounted for.

Hey, your calves are bulged up around the upper area of your calves. So basically the lower part of your calves are not big at all. For me, they are big starting from the lower part of my calves. I'm pretty sure if you do the calf reduction surgery, your calves won't be as bulky since Dr. Park take most of the muscles out from the top part of our calves. But you can ask the doctor to confirm this.

I have emailed and asked him with pics of my legs
He only answerd that my legs would be slimmer and straighter :sad:. No more detail.

Ya I think it will be reduced.

Day 14:

Omg, it is my second week post op!!!! I can drink wine tomorrow!!!!!!
The nerve pain around the sides of my right feet is really bothering me. It's like shooting pain! I really hope they can go away soon, My calves don't feel itchy anymore but I will still put on the anti itch cream just in case. I started not to rely on my wedge sneakers (2-3 inches) now, and started wearing 1 inch sandals.

Ffxlulu!

I can't believe how good they look only 2 weeks out! The swelling in the right has reduced a lot since last week. I agree with others that there is still some at the ankles but it looks great! The handicap time really concerns me as I can't get a month off of work.

Were your aspirations painful?!

I'm going to be working on 16th, I will update you guys how I feel.

Day 15

My last check up with Dr. Park. It is my first time doing aspiration and I am scared like crazy. I am not keen with needles. I kept asking what is the best way to make it not hurt when I need to stick the needle in my calves. He said at a right angle. Then he's like you need to put it in faster! Then I was finally able to insert the needle in. But it turns out I need to insert the whole needle in which is really freaky. Finally, I need to start pumping liquid out. It was not that bad until the part I need to make sure there's no liquid left. In order to find out, I need to poke the needle around and keep pumping liquid. That part really freaks me the most and it hurts! The needle is not short. For my right leg, there's more than seven tubes of liquid to take out because I walked for three hours the day before. I suddenly feel light headed and it really hurts and I started crying and want him to stop. He ignored me and pump the rest of the liquid out. I am really scared that I won't be able to do aspiration properly by myself. Dr. Park said that I will do fine and let him know my progress through email. I definitely scared about doing the whole aspiration thing on my own. I'm going to ask a friend to do for me since she is in the science career and knows how to take blood tests. Sorry if I scare anyone, but I am definitely a chicken when it comes to needles. Dr. Park also measured my calves when I was sitting. (I usually stand and measure though) my left is 32cm and right is 33cm. The ideal circumference is 33cm according to 20% of my height. Now I just hope the shape of my calves will look good. I need to do aspirations once every week. He said to do them until there's no liquid left.

Good job! Aspiration is the worst part of this op I think! Besides being afraid of the needles, I am scared to make a mistake if all the fluid is out and that's why I am gonna stay more in Korea in my post up to make sure that all the aspirations needed are done by Dr.Park ! I don't have any professional friend here so I can rely on to help me with it! You are thankfully lucky to have such a nice friend though.
Have a good journey back to Canada in advance:smile: