BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

I will ask tomorrow since I'm going to see dr.park tomorrow at noon. I got a feeling he might not have that monitor.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is my fourth day post op:

Some personal tips I would like to share that may make your recovery period more 'enjoyable'

- practice sleeping while elevating your legs so that you will get used to it (I've been sleeping like a pig since first night)
- relax and do your breathing exercises right when you stretched which I've learned from yoga. I would suggest those who doesn't have yoga experiences to start taking some
- play a five min yoga relaxing song during your five min stretches instead of just timing yourself. I found that a lot more relaxing

Hi Joojoo,

Please try not to worry too much. The more you imagine a great difficulty the more stress will cause you to feel the pain acutely. It is better to just deal with whatever comes up as it comes up.

The sural nerve may cause numbness but it will not be permanent because the nerve is still alive and just in shock, so to speak. Also, many people do not have any nerve issues at all. The numbness is not so bothersome either way.

On a positive note, the nerve pain is going away on its own as the swelling goes down so it turned out as Dr. Park predicted. The result as of today is very good. I think that after the 3rd week the recovery period speeds up considerably so that is something to look forward to. I can wear the bandage again.

Best of luck to you and no worries! It is totally worth it.

Hi Ffxlulu,
The nerve pain started after the first week but now at the beginning of the fourth week it is now going away.
I began walking around on the first day to a grocery store by OZ Clinic and then to Starbucks next to the hotel on the second day. I also went to the gym in the hotel to do some exercises for my arms. I walked very very slowly and then came back to my room to do the stretches.
However, this may not be the best idea for everyone, I have been a dancer for years so my muscles are very used to stress and being constantly in use. I think that everyone should listen closely to what their body tells them regarding how active they should be.

Take good care!

Hi OneTrackMind,

I don't really know why the heating pad but I think that it is the same principle as when a patient goes under general anesthesia. Many patients wake up shivering and cold after full general anesthesia so maybe the same thing after the local spinal anesthesia applies. Possibly some of the other girls can confirm this...

Take care.

Yes, we should not anticipate anything!
Thanks god that the numbness is not permanent!
I am also so glad to hear that your pain is fading!:happydance: We are waiting for more good news from you.

That is absolutely good news! I'm really glad your nerve pain went away.

Hi there. We're you able to walk normally by one month? By normally I mean walking at a normal pace with no limping?

Day 3
Went out for lunch, shopped a bit,permed my hair and went out for dinner. I managed to do stretches in the washroom. My right feet was very swollen to the point it looks deformed. I do have nerve pain when I stand too long on flat shoes.

Day 4
Decided to stay in hotel and rest. My right feet was not as swollen as before. My calves still look the same. I continue to do my stretches religiously in every thirty min and didn't stop until five minutes was up.

Day 5
Went for the first check up at the clinic. They gave me new bandages and I no longer need water resistant tape for my cut. Amy used her whole body force to push me when she asked me to do my stretches. But it didn't hurt much since I forced myself through pain to do my stretches all the time,therefore I'm used to it. I went out for dinner and shopped a bit with my sneaker wedges which are super comfortable. i am able to look a bit normal (normal to the point i dont get stares anymore unless they observe me long) when i walk but i still walk slow. (only with my Sneaker wedges) Overall, my recovery is going well and i'm starting to feel good about my recovery. Until this other girl I met told me the most painful time is day 6 post op since that is the time the muscle is starting to contract. Great!

Hi ffxlulu
I am a newbie here and i have muscular calves too.
I have believed that i will live with hiding these calves under long pants forever until i found this topic.
Thank you for sharing your experience. It really cheer me up and give me hope that i can have long and slim legs someday.
Pls keep posting!
I hope your recovery get better everyday! OXOXOX

hope you will feel much better soon! oh yeah, where do you stay? do you take cab to go shopping or just by walking? haha just wondering whether i still can do some shopping after the surgery or not :lol: