BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Hi ffxlulu,
How are you?
Have you been back to Canada?
How is your first day at job after the post-op?
Hope you can share your experience while travelling on plane :smile:

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, I would definitely think it would be better to stay for a month or three weeks instead of two weeks. I unfortunately don't have much vacation days from work.

Day 16: departure
I called a couple days ago for wheelchair service. I would definitely recommend you guys to get it. Unfortunately, they do not that empty seats for me to elevate my legs because it is during high season. The guy who pushed me is really nice, he even pushed me to the duty free store to purchase items.

Day 17: flight ride
I got an aisle seat at the front so I have more spaces for my feet to rest. I often walk to the washroom area to stretch. I definitely stand out and the Flight attendant even asked me if I was feeling ok, because I looked so weird when doing stretching. My feet and ankles are really swollen, because I can't elevate My legs. By the end of the flight trip, my ankles and feet are swollen like it was day five of my surgery. This is bad. I feel like this is the beginning of my nightmare. When I went back home, I quickly have to lie that I twisted My ankles bad. I can't walk properly with flat feet and even with wedges on.

Day 18:day off
I still have one more vacation day left before I resume work. I only have to work on a Friday and I can rest again during the weekend. My right feet and ankles are still swollen and have inflammation. I elevate My legs most of the time and stretch my calves often. I have nightmares of people figuring out I did calf surgery. I am really scared about the next time I have to do aspiration. I am definitely scared that there might be a chance I can't walk properly. It does not sound reasonable to wear wedge shoes and lie that I twisted my ankles. What kind of excuses can I give to people around me that are not aware I did this surgery? Not a lot of people know about this surgery, including my parents. I am back to reality with the addition of this major problem: cannot walk properly. I feel like this is the beginning of my nightmare...

Ffxlulu!

I completely understand your worries and I sympathize with you. In the long run this inconvenience with not even be memorable, but you will have beautiful legs forever! You will walk just fine in a few days and you will feel much better at home than in Korea. It's easy enough to say that it's no ones business but your own what you did to your body, but the only opinion that matters is your own. Besides maybe you can inspire others to change their lives just like this blog changed ours. In a pinch you can say "I'm so uncomfortable and nauseous I don't want to go into details now. [and very quickly say] and thanks for understanding you're a pal." Or "I fell and partially tore my Achilles so I have to not stretch it and keep it pointed for a while until it mends. Luckily it wasnt a full tear so I don't need crutches." ;)

Hi ffxlulu!
I think I am too late to comment...but if I were you, I would have never told the truth except to my parents or anyone else who is close to me! I think it is not necessary at all that your colleagues know anything about your surgery. You could have said:" I had a car accident in the middle of my trip" cause I believe some kinds of truth need large capacities!
Anyway, the most important thing now is that you have done this surgery and have your thin legs. Just remember how much you were scared before going to this trip and how much you were scared when the nurses started this surgery...you have passed all those! You have passed the first day in your post op that was told to be the worst one! You came back to home after those many hours in the plane and did your stretches very well there. Your colleagues' opinion is nothing in compared with all these things that you bravely passed and the precious experience that you gained and absolutely the beautiful legs that you got.

hi and congrats on having the surgery!! now all u have to do is wait and enjoy watching the changes!! u can simply tell ur co workers that u had pain in ur leg muscles from working out too much! their problem if they dnt wana beleive it! u dont need to tell a soul about ur surgery. its completely a personal decision and since this world is a judgemental place u dnt rily need to go thru any kind of stress and definately dont need to explain to anyone anything! ur not a child u decided this for urself becuz u'll only do whatever u believe is right for u!

@vera
I read that the result of botox had lasted for abt half of year.
If we combine 2 method together, will it affect for longer time?
How long the botox keep your leg slim?

Skim3, joo_joo2704 & MyDeepestSecret,

Thank you for giving me awesome excuses! Don't worry, I definately won't tell anyone about my surgery since it sounds pretty scary judging by the title. I believe only my bf and a few of my best friends knows. I can't afford to tell my parents either, because I do not want them to worry about me.

Day 19: back to work on a Friday

It was not that bad to resume work on a Friday. I work in downtown Toronto where everyone walks fast. I wore wedges that day because I wanted to look normal when I walk. I definately can't walk fast or run so I have to prepare more time for transporation time. No one at work noticed my walking, because I walk pretty normal at work. At the end of the day, my calves are very stiff.

Day 20
Stretches are a lot easier after I applied muscle relief cream on my calves. It is a lot easier for me in korea, because I don't really care about showing my bandages even when I go out. Now, I have to hide them even when I'm at home. In order to make my life easier, I started wrapping the bandages around my ankles and feet, so that this would support my lie about twisting my ankles to my parents. At least, I've got the problem solved for hiding the bandages at home. Wearing sneaker wedges definately slow down my recovery, I've decided I should not wear them anymore and accept the fact I will walk in a crippled way for a while.

Day 21
It is the first time doing aspiration without Dr. Park or the nurses. I was not able to find my friend (in science career) so I decided to do this on my own with my bf (perfectionist). It took me a while to poke the needle in while my bf will help pull the syringe. It didn't hurt much but it takes LONG. During the whole process, we both got goosebumps and felt light headed. But we did it! Dr Park told me to record my calf circumferences and number of blood tubes taken out. I really hope we did the aspiration correctly. I see a little lump on my calf right after I did aspiration, hopefully it will disappear.

Overall, my calves are a lot slimmer. I look really good when wearing tight jeans and pants, because my calves look straight and slim. I have been staring at my calves all day when I was wearing slim pants. The shape of my calves are still not that nice and the skin around my calves are still darkly toned due to the bruising. My calves are still really stiff. I will start wearing flat shoes from now on. I don't feel nerve pain these few days, because my feet and ankles are swollen?

First, it is so great to hear that you could aspirate your legs on your own!! I think this technical part is the most important one cz is directly related to your health condition! It does not seem that scaring though! Dr.Parks said all his patients could do it and is fairly doable.
Secondly, I got so excited when you said you look really good in those skinny jeans!! I really want to get this op done ASAP and sometimes I feel I can't wait anymore!!
I have a question: Do your thighs look thinner after the op or thicker?! This is what I am always trying to figure out about my own thighs!:P:biggrin:

Hi joo-joo2704

I think you got it wrongly.

I didn't do the calf surgery or at least not yet. :smile: Summershimmer was the one who did n the above was my question posted to her.

Haha, I know exactly how you feel when I have been reading this thread for more than two years. My thighs are generally not skinny to begin with. I do feel like my thighs are thicker when I'm in Korea due to the humid weather? I also gained around five pounds when I am in Korea, since I just eat and sit and sleep. I am planning to go for a lipo/lymph massage for my thighs and prepare for next summer! I can't wait to have a pair of hot legs! :P

Ohhhh:giggles: Sorry for that and thanks for letting me know!

I see...but please let me know how your thighs look once you lose weight that you have already gained on your thighs!
Just wanna describe my personal experience about lipo cavitation:
About 4 months ago, I decided to try ultrasound lipo cavitaion ( a new method to destroy fat cells by an especial device very similar to the one used for lipo massage) in a good clinic in Montreal before making my final decision for calf reduction surgery. The practitioner that first I consulted with said that it would not be helpful since my calves are more muscular rather than fatty! I asked her if I can use this method to have a thigh gap (I don't have it cause my hips are narrow) and she said it would definitely help cause that part is mostly fat and in my case, cavitation would work more that lipo massage.... I went for 10 sessions, 20 mints each and did everything that they recommended such as exercising after and drinking a lot of water...but I saw NO change!! Each session, a new practitioner did it for me and I always asked them why it was not working and they brought different reasons like my thighs are not fat enough for it...or I should wait and will see the result in one month once I get done with the all sessions...But I obviously see no result! My thighs are not fat but also not really thin or skinny! I do have some fat in my thigh gap but not much and this is what all the practitioners I met, agreed with! This method was supposed to make a difference if was really efficient! My close friend works for a company that sells such devices and she says they really work for belly as she has seen in person! She says first that they apply it, the bellies reduce even up to five centimeters and then 2 or 3 centimeters are back by drinking water but after 10 sessions, the reduction is fairly satisfying. She has no experience for the thighs though!
So, I am telling you to think more about it before wasting a lot of money! I paid around 600 CAD that was the half of its real price due to a promotion and all the money was reimbursed in a miraculous way!!!! So it was not a big deal for me but might be a waste of money for the others! Lipo massage can be different but the practitioners all said cavitation is better for the slim people.
Sorry if I made you disappointed but just keep in mind that it was my personal experience and not necessarily applicable to you. Also, I seriously think your thighs are pretty slim as I recognized in your photos!

Hey joojoo,

Thanks for sharing your experience! I definitely will research about it, my inner thighs are around 19 inches (thickest part). They are getting thicker since my job requires a lot of sitting. I read that xiaxue (singapore blogger) also does lipo massage, and she got good results. But I will do a good amount of research before I decide to do it.

Day 22 & 23

I wore sneakers to work, because I cannot fit my feet in my flats. My ankles and feet are still swollen. I told all my coworkers that I have twisted my ankles badly. I even showed them the bandages that were wrapped around my ankles. I do feel a lot better now, since everyone is very considerate and I do not have to hide the fact that I cannot walk properly. I used the CPU to elevate my legs during work. :biggrin:

My walking is improving due to the fact I have been walking with flat shoes. I do need to do some walking in order to reach to my work location from the train station. I have been measuring my calves almost everyday.

Here is a summary of my calf measurements:

My 'ideal' calf circumference: 20% of my height = 20% * 165cm = 33cm

Before surgery: left (35cm) right (36cm)

Day 15 post op: left (32cm) right (33cm)

Day 23 post op (1 day after my DIY aspiration): left (31.8cm) right (32.3cm) <-- OMGGG!!!
Day 23 post op (after showering): left (32.5cm) right (33cm)

I cannot believe how much of a difference it can be after not compressing my calves for around an hour and after taking a shower.

I feel a lot better with everyone's support! It does feel nice when my co workers care about me since I have 'twisted my ankles'. :P