BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all,

it has been my pleasure quietly reading on and learning about everyone's experience or curiosity about the calves resection. I've just registered with the forum today. Would like to share that, I have recently scheduled with Dr. Park @ Oz for mid Feb 2015, and booked my ticket to Korea.
I'm excited, nervous... but definitely looking forward to tackle my New Years resolution this time, smaller slimmer calves!
Will keep in touch and update after my surgery. However, thanks to all you girls' advice, I've bought the necessary items for my trip: wedge sneakers, arnica tablets for bruising, Pentaxyl Cream for scarring, Steri-strips for behind the back of the leg, and Calamine lotion for itching. Hope I got it all down...
All in all, I just would like to thank you for everyone's kindness in sharing experience, opinions, advice... very thorough and kind most times. So thank you and wishing everyone an amazing 2015, kicking those New Year's resolutions' ***.
Cheerios!

Hi teenagedirt,

Pleased to see you back on the forum. You kindly sent me some photos of your legs quite some time ago now - they looked really good in terms of the shape although you were concerned about the scars. When you say the muscle has grown out, I wondered what you meant exactly, does one leg measure bigger or is it obviously different in shape? Also have your scars healed well?

Hello everyone,

I'd like to know, for the people who have done the calf reduction surgery, what background do you have? Did you have a job at the time of having the surgery? Are/Were you a student?

I ask this because I am worried that I will harm the recovery process by not stretching enough because of having to work. On the website, it says "The stretching exercise should be done every 30 minutes for about 5 minutes." and "The stretching exercise should be done for about 3-6 months."

How strict did you follow these set of instructions? It seems impossible to strictly adhere to these instructions whilst having a full-time job? :shocked:

Thank you so much in advance for your input!

Jon :smile:

Hi Riel

The Dr Park we are referring to is from Oz clinic. Go check out his website. He seems to be one of the few surgeons known in Seoul who is doing this calf resection surgery currently.

The other known surgeon is Dr Jong from LR Clinic in Taiwan.

These are the 2 common surgeons whom i heard of who are doing this calf muscle resection surgery.

Hope this helps :smile:

It doesnt have to be that strict. I'm 3 months post-op and I only stretch when I can...maybe less than ten times a day. Not ideal, but sometimes I forget, sometimes my job doesn't let me. Everything is fine so far...

Hi ChenL! I just saw your post today and noticed you're going mid February. I was planning on going early Feb, but haven't scheduled yet. Would you be going alone? Do you want to try and coordinate so we can go through it at the same time? I have actually met Dr. Park and am confident he's the best choice as well. :biggrin:

Hey, haha, I was actually about to email you. I have my email in draft and hadn't finished the email.
Are you still flying next month by the way? I think I'll fly around the 14th February. :biggrin:

@ lu1u...

Hi! please forgive my delay reply, I just got back home from a trip.

I've already booked with Dr. Park, right after Lunar New Years and paid for all air tickets. Unfortunately, I can't make changes.

There's a chance my mother may join me, it depends if she wants to stay longer at our other destination before Korea.

I'm really excited, at the same time nervous, would be awesome to have a friend going through the same so we can laugh and cry together;)

Hope all is well your way. Remember to prep necessities before your trip: itching and scar creams, strips, pain killers, arnica by Nelsons for bruisings, etc... I also bough travel medical insurance to be on the safe side. Prepare for the unexpected: www.insuremytrip.com I chose Travel Guard, paid $90.
I'm also scheduling my blood work to be done in the US prior to my surgery.

I will be staying at the referred YoungDong Hotel for two weeks.

Thanks @ lu1u for contacting me. I'm still new so unable to do PM. Take good cares for now!

I have read maybe half these posts, really interesting.. didnt realise there were so many others in the same position as me. My calves measure at 41 cm.
I have been researching for months but feel no closer to resolving anything.. Like most of you here it is a big part of my life and i am very conscious of them. (no skirts, shorts, dresses, ..). I havent found many forums which discuss as much as it has done here.. wow.. but im still a bit confused.

It is my outer muscle which bulges, horrendously. its awful, really. Im fairly petite too. Is there any surgeon who performs dr parks surgery in europe!? seriously... women in europe must have this problem too, it cant just be korea..

This is what im wondering.. Why do dr parks patients only have one scar!? behind the knee? ..... Others I have seen, that have undergone the invasive muscle resection, also have a 4 cm scar going vertically up the calf at the back.

I know ive heard some not too good things about nerve blocking but there are some surgeons sites which make a good case for it/ good before and afters. I think botox would be waste of time, too much upkeep? I need help.... someone please help me! Im very limited as to what i can wear.. restricted... ! If you want to post ur email I will add you and send pics?

• 2 weeks later...
I posted around a year back where I had a selective neurectomy which initially met my expectations, however 18months on my right calf has a lot of compensatory muscle and my left calf has grown back (i believe it has accessory innervations to that muscle). I have contacted Dr Jong and am hoping to have a partial muscle resection to decrease the size of my left calf and address the contour irregularities in my right leg. Has anyone on this forum been to Dr Jong? If so can you provide any feedback?

Hi Cute Snoopy,

Are you still active on this forum? I would love to get in contact with you and ask about your experience with Dr Jong.

Hopefully ill hear from you soon