BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Have a safe flight home tomorrow! It was great meeting you and thanks for sharing your experience with my husband and I. And maybe now he doesn't think I'm so crazy for flying all that way to have the surgery. LOL!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha great meeting you and your hubby. It's so sweet of him to be with you all this time...I wish you all the best and a very fast recovery! Email me if you need anything, and I will continue to share my experience here...

Day 4 post-op. My legs are super swollen today...went shopping after my visit with dr park yesterday...think I over did it. Stretching is getting easier, but still hurts a little. Legs get stiff if I sit for awhile. Still walking funny but I can definitely walk better after stretching. Had leg cramps for the first time today, not sure if it's related to the activities yesterday so I took it easy and stayed in. The shape of my legs are improving, dr park said they are just very swollen and it's totally normal, not to worry.
Btw, I want to take a tour, any suggestions?

Hi Berytran04

I think to stay for less than 1 week for the calf reduction surgery may be too short. I recall vaguely that someone went to Jong in Taiwan n stayed for around 8 days.

I think it's best to check with the surgeon whom you intend to do the surgery with but from what i went thru i would think less than 1 week is not ideal.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Hi icecoffee! Today is day 5 post-op, I'm having lots of trouble stretching, had to take a pain killer. Back of my thigh is very swollen....it wasn't like that till today. I took it easy and stayed in yesterday, don't know if the inactivities caused it. Any thoughts?

Hi Madison

I never have pain around my thighs so I'm not sure if that's related to inactivities. No matter how hard, it is very important u stretch the first 10 days every 30 mins. Stretching can help to reduce discomfort or pain.

Thank you icecoffee, I'll stretch more.

Hi vanitygirl09... I will have around 3 weeks not working. It's just that I can't be in Korea too long cuz I'm coming back home to visit my family as well. So you're saying that 2 weeks staying in Korean is necessary?

I've spoken heaps to Dr Jong and Dr Park about these surgeries. I think at least 10 days is necessary; 2 weeks would be ideal. I mean, in the most likely event you will be able to walk around by the 7 day mark with just a bit of trouble. There's been a few girls I've spoken who said they can go walking fine after a few days! But then I've read just as many girls on here they are not able to walk for more than 30 mins around the 7 days mark (you can read some yourself if you go through a few pages on this thread). It would be great if you are like the former who can walk like nothing happened. But what if you can't? What if you can't walk for more than 30 mins without pain? The airport is not exactly the most relaxing place, you will need to do stretches too around that stage is important for stretches. And in case of any complication, your doctor is there.

I understand completely how impatient you might be too. Trust me- I've hated my legs ever since I even knew what legs were!! But this is a major operation, and you deserve the safest possible outcome. At the end of the day, it's all up to you. I'm taking some time out to write you this essay because I really don't want anything to go wrong - minimise even the possibility of it. As I said, it's up to you! You can read experiences on this thread of girls who have been through it. See their 7 days mark and think "does it sound like she will be able to fly back today or tomorrow". And let yourself do the deciding!

Good luck in whatever you choose hun x

Week 2 post-op: I almost have no problems walking now, except after I get up in the morning right leg still a bit tight, but can stretch easily. Can't wait to exercise...yesterday I put on short skirts in front of mirror...I almost cried. I haven't worn skirts for ages, and now I'm finally feeling confident to wear them. Oh well, not yet since I'm still wearing bandages but in a few months...I'm in a good mood, for sure. LOL

Hi kiki12345

Oh thats good news! ;)

What are your pre-op n post-op measurements?

You seem to have a speedy recovery! Congrats! ;)

Congrats! So happy for u. Today is day 7 for me, still have trouble walking, but I'm going to be patient and doing my stretching.

My pre-op measurements were 38 and 39.5 cm on left and right leg. Appalling numbers. Now they are 36 and 36.5 cm. (this is measurement for many girls pre-op!) the number doesn't sound like its a huge difference, but visually it is. My legs look much better, thinner and longer. I have absolutely no regrets getting this operation done!...

Are you feeling any better? I sure hope so...maybe you could go to DMZ...I went there last time I was in Seoul and it was fun. I'm improving a lot...almost feel like don't need the bandage anymore, but I'll listen to dr. park. I'm also stretching a lot less now, partly Because I have to work, partly I feel like its so easy there's no need to do too much of it. Hang on there!