BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Good question babyangel. I would like to know too.

I am 2 months post op and has stop compression. Size went up 1cm but stay the same for 2 days now. The only thing is the numbness or tingling feeling came back.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about scars, icecoffee?

Would sincerely love to hear from those who went to Dr Jong which I know is a lot fewer than Dr Park thus I would truly appreciate any information.

I've spoken to both doctors and they reply promptly with good English. Dr Jong is about $2000 cheaper than Dr Park. Though price is not the only factor, I enjoyed the things I've heard about him as well as much as I appreciate the information on his website.

I am more interested in operation with Dr Jong at this stage. I've sent him photos and my calves measure 38.5 and 37.5 right now. He said he predicts it will go down to 35cm so about 3cm reduction. Honestly, I'm quite disappointed with this as I don't know how it'd look like when its done. Dr Park I hear does more dramatic ones but its an issue of safety as well... Plus I don't want chicken legs as it'd look disporportionate to my thighs.

I want to have it slender not necessarily really really small like models. What do you guys think? Do you think 3-4cm is enough? I am more upset at the shape of it now actually than anything. Like bulges out which I hate.

Hi Kiki, my scars are not so bad. It is only 2cm long and I started using scar gel after 7 weeks post op. The scars definitely get lighter but I think will take more than half year to fully fade.

Hi Vanitygirl

3-4cm reduction does make a big different. My pre-op is 38 and post op is around 34-35. I can see it is more straighter and slimmer.

I think u will have to take into consideration about the incision too. Dr Park only cut 2cm long and Dr Jong is 4cm. To be very honest, it is already hard for 2cm scars to go away, i cannot imagine having 4cm scars.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for your reply icecoffee! Much appreciated.

Thanks icecoffee. I saw all reductions are like 32cm and some pre op are 35cm! that worried me a bit but then I realised everyone is different. Really small calves would look very strange on me and I'd rather it just look slender rather than skinny because right now it is bulging out on the side like..a bomb waiting to happen hahahaha

Hi Vanitygirl

Everyone recovery is different. I stayed for 11 days and it was enough. I have quite easy one as I went everywhere right the second day and I didn't stay overnight at the clinic too. Walking was slow but manageable. Around day 7 I started to walk more comfortably but get tired easily.

I fully gained back my strength on week 7 and able to run around week 9.

Hi vanitygirl09

I think if you think you might get skinny calves after operation, i think that would really be difficult n that should be your least concern. The issue usually is not slender enough post op n i dont think you should worry about getting too skinny calves post op ;)

My pre op were around 39cm left n 38cm right n now im around 34.5 to 35.5cm for left n around 35 to 36cm for right. I think that's not good enough frankly!! And that's after bandaging, mind you. When i dont bandage the measurements shoot up!

But doctors like Park n Jong would tell you they have done their best already n this n that n that's the best and blah blah blah.

So frankly, if you are worried that you might get too skinny calves post op - that should be your least concern. You probably should think if you post op measurements are going to be satisfactory enough or not ;)

Fair enough! Those results wouldn't be too satisfactory to me either but hopefully the shape helps your overall looks a lot ! How do you feel now that it's all over? Have you spoken to your surgeon about it not reducing much?

With whom did you get it done?