BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

My walking is pretty normal since day 7. My recovery is fast and pretty easy I must admit. I didn't stay overnight as well and managed to walked up hill 7 hours after the surgery.

Stretching is a pain in the butt .. I keep forgetting and doing it less now. I have no regrets too.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest your share your concern with Dr Park and tell him exactly how you feel. The first days after surgery are the hardest, emotionally and physically. There is so much involved: the bruising, the swelling, the muscle cramping and hardening, the bandages. If your legs look out of shape and uneven at this stage, it is completely normal.Today at 10 days post -op, Dr Park measured my calves, right one is 32 cms, left one is 34,5 cms. My right leg looks like a chopstick, whilst the other looks like a weird shaped balloon. Don't worry about the shape of your calves right now, it is way too early.
Dr Park is a good listener and he will reassure you if you share your concerns with him.
Good luck, you will be fine :smile:

The nurse aspirated almost nothing from my calves.

Post -measurements - see above.

It is too early to see the shape, i can see that the calves are thinner. I am happy for now.

It's so great to finally find this forum...I've been hating my calfs for the last 36 years. I never wear shorts or skirts or boots. I'm so done with my big calfs! I'm planning to have the operation done with Dr. Park in late Sep. Is there anyone going around that time? I'm going alone and would love to have a company...

Hi babz
Thanks for reply

Hi everyone,

Today is my 4th day post-op from calf surgery at OZ clinic in Korea. The pain is more bearable compared to the first 2 day after surgery. I'm used to work out a lot so the pain and tightness right now feel like I just had intense workout on my legs the day before :biggrin: I can walk but very slowly with funny looking to local grocery stores. I'm very lucky to have my sister coming along to help me out physically (even though she's always mentally against any of my cosmetic surgeries :P).

I stretch my legs every 30 mins now which make it feels so much better and relief. The 2nd day post-op when I got back to Young Dong hotel from the hospital, I was still tired from the anesthesia so I did not stretch much (maybe every 2 hours :nogood:) but laying on bed the entire night instead. The next day when I woke up and my legs were frozen like a shrimp, and I was in so much pain to push myself straightened them up. My sister had to use her whole body to keep my legs straight. So stretching is very important.

People in this forum has been saying this so many times but Dr. Park is really nice and his nurses are also very great. He's also a great listener and very sweet.

My legs are very swollen now (even my ankles, feet, and thighs) and have lots of dark bruises. They look like big jumbo size of sausages :crybaby:. So I don't know if I will be happy with the result yet but hopefully it will get better after few more weeks. My height is 158cm, and my calves before the surgery is 36cm and my ideal is 32cm. I really can't wait to show my babies to the sun, it was such a mentally pain to hide them for more than 10 yeeeeaaaars.

Cheers

Hi leela,

Did your thighs get swollen the first few days after the surgery? My thighs are very swollen now, and I have not seen anyone saying that they got their thighs (besides feet and ankles) swollen also. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Yes swollen thighs can happen along with bruising. Try to walk about a couple of hours aday. Should help. Hope u cont healing smoothly.

I'm more than 4 months post op and my scars and surrounding areas are still very dark :sad: anyone can share their experience on that? Also I was wondering if anyone find kneeling/bending your knees are still quite painful? It seems like I have very weak knees since the surgery and I can't bend or crouch down :0

Thank you Scaredsilly for your response. How is your recovery going?
Yea I just experienced bad itchy on my calves yesterday. I put one some anti-itchy cream after showering and before bandaging my calves again (It still wakes me up multiple times at night).

I'm 8th day PO but my legs are still very swollen :cry:. Hopefully it will get better soon.

Best of luck for us!!

Did u do squat stretch religiously? I did everyday at least 5 times a day for one minute after surgery for two weeks then changed to 5 mins 3 times a day. I can squat without problem after 3 and half week post-op.

I guess everyone is different but can try.

I agree with Icecoffee, stretching is key to a good and fast recovery.
As for the scars, I can't tell as it has only been 18 days for me but they seem to heal ok. The incision is placed right on the fold of the knee so i am confident that in times, they will not be noticeable at all.
Have you tried the scarring cream?
You should ask the doctor for advice.
Good luck on your journey.