BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to upload and having trouble. Trust me my hump is nothing like urs. Those who saw my pictures privately agree. Its not pretty.

Hi there!

Your legs look really amazing and it's so good that you don't have much swelling. Do u mind if you let me know what your before n after sizes are? Thanks:smile:

Yes, try to upload your pictures, I think It will be of great help to all on this forum.
I think it is very important that you share your concern with the doctor and see what he thinks of it.
Before the operation, Dr Park did warn me about the possibility of asymetry, bulges, etc... after op. We are all different so the results may vary from one person to the other.

In such cases, and if the result after complete Healing is noticeable, he will fix it.

I can imagine that the waiting game must be tough for you at times, as you have put much expectations and money into this project and just want to be able to move on with your life. But whatever the rest of your journey is, you will be fine, as I don't believe Dr Park being one of these doctors that hush you through the back door when something goes wrong.

Right now, there isn't much you can do to magically make the bulge disappear, only time is required. Continue stretching, bandage well, drink heaps of water,keep your feet elevated, indulge in relaxing activities... And try to put all this on the back-burner for a couple of weeks. I remember when I got this horrible cramp that totally paralysed my left leg and made me suffer so much. I was very concerned that I would not regain normal function of my leg. I was panicking the first days then chose to focus on other things, then time did its work.

Keep us updated.

Thanks leela16
Appreciate positivity and all ur updates to compare. Its really helps. And Thats exactly what im doing... Rest, compress, stretch, elevate, repeat. Water and vitamins etc. healing skin lotion. Im not gonna look at my legs until about three months. I have to keep it moving... Lol. Keep posting ur progress... Helps tremendously.

Hi there!

I haven't seen your pics but I wanna share some info so you may find it useful:
I strongly believe that you will get an even leg with time! Since Dr.Park removes the muscle from the middle part so the muscle near the knees as well as the muscle on the lower calf remain as before. After this surgery, since the muscle is kinda paralyzed, it gets atrophied and in turn it tends to shrink a lot. For this reason u can see that denty muscle and it has to be hard since it's your original muscle that is kept untouched! I would intuitively say the smaller natural calves you have, the more visible the remaining bulged muscle is. So since you have started with the smaller size like 34, it makes sense that you have the lower bulged muscle more denty. Mine is also more obvious on one of my legs that was naturally smaller for 0.5 cm. I would say it will be way more even once your muscles start to come out from the atrophy phase and get filled in that happens usually in month 4 or 5.

Hi joo joo 2704
Thank you so much. That makes sense. Time will certainly tell i guess.

Hi babyangel11,
I've finally decided to have my surgery with dr park in October. Any advise? And how are you doing? What is your post op size? Did dr park do lipo on your ankles?

Oh Leela, thanks so much for posting pics. I've always hated my thick calves, they're so out of proportion and everyone notices them. I haven't worn anything leg-revealing in 10 years! I'm so glad the op worked for you since that gives me hope one day I can do it too!

Hi Madisonthegreat, when are you going to have the operation? I've scheduled the op with dr. park at the end of Sep but I'll stay in Seoul till mid Oct. Maybe we can keep each other company if you are alone?