BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Hi vanitygirl09

Oh im stunned to learn that you wanted less reduction for your calves??? Are you Really sure that's what you want?? Actually this is the 1st time im hearing this bcos from what i understand & if im not wrong, even if the surgeon wants to remove more, they are limited by the amount they can remove unless you want a total excision of your muscles! But of course, you wouldnt want that bcos both Jong n Park are very against it. They only encourage Partial excision n not total.

Most if not all the gals here would want as much reduction as possible even for those gals whose measurements aint big to begin with such as 33cm to 34cm, etc. And i read about your measurements which i thought most gals would want Most reduction if possible.

One of the reasons i went to Park was bcos Jong was thinking he might only be able to reduce around 2cm best for me. To go thru such a long n traumatic surgery to have a 2cm loss is certainly considered too little for me especially my pre-op measurements are big to begin with. After coming to almost 6 months post-op im still not happy with my unstable & bulky measurements although the calves are smaller than pre-op. In fact, my post-op sizes are the pre-op measurements of many gals here. Lol.

I feel you should re-think about wanting only minimal reduction for your calves. If that's the case, you might not want to even go thru such a traumatic surgery. Post recovery is certainly long n hard n with all the bandaging n initial aspirations, etc.

Plus not to forget it seems that the incisions done by Jong are longer than Park's. From what i heard, some of Jong's patients are still awaiting for the incision scars to fade despite many months post-op. That's another reason why i chose Park over Jong.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I think you've misunderstood me. I want as much as possible off because like you, my pre op size is really big. I meant to say that I am leaning towards Dr Jong because we've been in contact a lot and I am going to him for lip surgery as well. Of the two, he quoted me a smaller reduction but that's not why I'm leaning towards him. I feel like both surgeons will take as much out as possible before it gets unsafe to do so so both surgeons will give me the best possible result post op that is possible without being dangerous. Plus it I go to TW I will have the support of my partner to look after me. That's why I'm leaning towards Dr Jong (not for less reduction)

Either way, it is such a large surgery that I am seriously researching more about before going. I hear the pain is really bad from some people (tho some said it's not so bad)

• 2 weeks later...
Vanitygirl, when are u planning to go? I don't know where are you from but if you can try to do it during winter. It will be hard to wear compression socks during summer.

Don't worry too much about the pain. It is bearable and bring along some strong painkillers. The first 3 days I took the painkillers even I'm not in much pain. Lol.. Good luck

Hi icecoffee, are you completely healed now? Doing exercise like before? How long would you say it took to come back to normal life? No bandpgdage or stretching needed?

Hi Kiki, I'm not sure if I'm completely heal or not. For me it is healed but whenever I compressed it, I get swollen feet. That's all.

I haven't start exercise but I'm planning to start this week. I can run (not very fast) and jump now and I'm 2 and half months post op. I have pretty normal life after 3 weeks. My recovery is fast and the only troublesome thing is compression and scars. I stop stretching since week 7 but whenever I remember I will do it for 1 min. Very rare tho.

Aww you are so sweet! I am from Sydney! From my stalking, you are an Aussie as well hey :smile: I am definitely in Korea for my face contouring surgery in Jan 2014 and whether I get calf surgery or not depends on my consultation as well see how time goes for my journey there. But weather wise, I will be in Europe for a year after Korea so it'd be winter if I do decide on the trip.

As for your surgery, I'm really happy for you to hear that you are recovering so well. The feet swelling thing is a bit weird though but as long as nothing drastic. How do you feel about your post op result, the size and design of your calves now?

Hi icecoffee, I'm scheduled to have my surgery with dr park next month. You mentioned to bring strong pain killer; does dr park not provide it? I'm very concerned bcos we can't get any strong meds without drs prescriptions in the US.

He did provided me with I think 3 tablets. I just brought some along just incase. I took all the 3 tablets he gave me and also 2 tablets from my own. So in total I only took 5 tablets for first 5 days. I didn't want to only take painkillers after I feel the pain so I took it even I don't have pain. That's why I didn't suffer much beside tightness and weakness on the legs.

I'm pretty sure you can get painkillers. Just tell the pharmacist you will have surgery soon. If u really can't, can always ask more from Dr Park.

So good to hear you are recovering so fast, that makes me feel better about getting the surgery :smile:

How's the exercising going now?

Probably fall 2016... it's expensive and I plan on staying for 3 weeks. Hoping to find a couple travel buddies on the forums here!

For the people who have had this done, what excuses did you use at work? I considered telling people I got knee surgery if they asked.