BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

Has anyone gotten Botox for their calves? I've been wanting to get the surgery for years but after reading about the recovery process and seeing results I'm questioning whether it'd be worth it for me or not in the end. I hate my calves and don't think they suit me at all but looking at the results from a local doctor who offers this procedure(see links below) I'm contemplating it. However it will most likely cost the same as going to see Dr. Park. I read through some of the post op diaries and I would rather go with Dr Park over Dr Jong especially seeing the results and hearing what their patients have had to say. I did go to Seoul earlier this year for v-line and rhino so I'm comfortable with plastic surgery but reading about the foot swelling kind of scares me.

For reference, I am 165cm and my calves are 38cm. Lipo won't work because it's definitely pure muscle.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello. May I know which clinic is Dr. Park affiliated to? I really wanted to have mine done. I have been very conscious about my calf. But my concern is my job requires me to be on my feet most of the time, i am concerned about the post-op healing.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys,

I still feel tingling around my ankles. My calves seem visibly reduced although asymmetrical, but I don't really mind. The scars behind the knees are still visible, and in the summer, friends ask about it or when I'm getting a massage, masseuses will ask me about it. Other than that, it hasn't grown, although I have been doing weight training.

If you guys don't mind the side effects, I say go for it for permanent results.

Edit: Btw, I did this surgery with Dr. Park about 2 years ago.

Hi chococatx,

Thank you for sharing your experience - I've been pondering on the surgery for many years, but worried about the side effects.

Much appreciation if you could share a bit more about the asymmetry - is it noticeable to others?

Have you asked Dr Park about the cause of the tingly feeling, painful?

Assymetry is not noticeable to others. Just me.

I didn't ask Dr. Park. It doesn't hurt, but is sensitive when strongly massaged and tingly. No pain. Still need to do calf stretching daily! Very important.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi chococatx
How does weight training feel after the surgery? Do you feel your strength is as before the surgery, or has it weakened after the surgery even 2 years later? I'm worried about this because I do lower body weight training regularly.

I'm also worried about the scars, I was hoping it wouldn't be noticeable to others. Do you mind sharing a picture of your calves and the scar?

• 2 weeks later...
Im going on the 15th of may 2020. Goodluck for your surgery and please update us with the pictures.

Hello!
I have booked for the procedure with Dr. Park on the 21st of Feb. Any advise? Im quite nervous and excited at the same time! I also have not finalized my accomodation yet, Dr. Park recommended the Foreheal hotel since its closer. Any other suggestions? Thanks a lot!!!

Dont be your in a hood hand coz many of peoe in this thread done surgery with dr park. Good luck and please update us with picture. I’ll be doin mine on may 2020