BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Hello lovies!
So I have done the procedure finally and just recovered from the pain thus was only able to write now.
So, I arrived in SoKor last 19th Feb in the afternoon, and right after I checked into the hotel (Foreheal hotel which was advised by Dr. Park since it si very close to his clinic - it has everything you need: microwave, fridge and they actually affiliated with the Medical Tourism in Korea. I see a lot of people who underwent surgery who are staying at the hotel as well), I had a consultation with him. To tell you honestly, I have done two procedures with him - calf reduction and boob implant. I wanted to do them together to save time and I dont want to go under another GA again soon. Of course it is possible to do them altogether and Dr. Park was confident enough to perform them.
Just to inform my background, I am 150 cm & weighs 47 kgs - my calf size is 34.5 and as per Dr. Park my ideal calf size should be 31cm.
My procedure was then booked on the 21st of Feb, thus I had time on the 20th to shop for food etc. This is my second time in South Korea, I went to Myeongdong to shop for some skin care products. It is important that you stock up on food since you wont be able to go down most of the time and there is only 1 food delivery app that has an english translation - Shuttlefood Delivery (but they have limited choices of food).
Day 0 - I went to Oz CLinic at 9:30 (i have already done my blood tests in my home country), we went straight to the treatment room, they had me change into a robe and inserted an IV cannula then gave me a relaxing medication before I went in the OR. They gave me General Anesthesia, 10 seconds after they put the mask on, I was out. Woke up at 2:30 pm in the recovery room - felt great, tolerable pain of 4-5/10, no dizziness (I was actually expecting something worse just to prepare myself). Nurse Mae was very helpful and attended to my needs right away. I was able to move my legs and everything the moment I opened my eyes. First thing I requested was to pee, so they assisted me to the bathroom .
By 6pm, I was discharged. I requested to have a last dose of IV pain medicine just to cover me for few hours at the hotel - you should really request for it, I cannot emphasize how important this is - because the moment the GA is out, it hurts so bad! it was 10/10. I'm not scaring you or anything but you have to be prepared for it. I work in healthcare and have brought with me pain medication in Ampoules. By 12 midnight, the horrendous pain started. I was not able to sleep. I took 4 types of oral pain med (including the ones given by doctor) and gave myself one Intramuscular injection of another one - and still it hurts. I was calling my videocalling my cousin back home just to distract me with the pain, even called Dr. Park in the middle of the night - fortunately the pain decreased a bit and was able to sleep for an hour..
This is actually normal because then the swelling starts which puts more pressure on the wrapped leg. I just have a low tolerance to pain.
Day 1 post op - Dr. Park was kind enough to fetch me from the hotel at 10am. He removed and changed the dressing and taught me how to apply a new one. He then made me stretch my legs - you have to stand half a foot infront of a wall and will make your upper body touch the wall while your feet stays the same distance, this will allow your calves to stretch - it was painful during the first time. I told Nurse Mae I had a horrible night and she was kind enough to offer for me to sleep in the clinic for a while. The stretching exercises should be done every 15-30 mins. I walked on my way home, it took me 15 mins than the usual 5 mins since I was walking like an old lady. At the hotel I performed the stretching exercise every 30 mins all throughout the day and every 1hour at night because I'm afarid when I wake up it will be too stiff if I don't stretch at night. Thankfully I was able to sleep without any difficulty this it. Pain scale is around 6/10. So long as you stretch as advised, you will feel much better as the day goes by. I took less pain medicaine as well. Will update you guys with the progress tomorrow.

Hi Wanderwonder123, thanks for sharing your experience!
I'ts been a few days since your surgery, how are you feeling?

Thank you for updating us. I hope to come soon in korea. I had to cancel due to the coronavirus. Keep updating and stay sage

Please update with photo before and after. Goodluck and thank you again

• 1 month later...
Hello skelly88. Did you have your surgery?

Hello, I’ve been a lurker on this thread for a year now but I finally came to the decision to undergo the partial calf resection procedure with Dr. Park. I know the whole coronavirus situation is making everything uncertain but I’m hoping I can go sometime in Nov or December. I’m hoping for a miracle and we get a vaccine by fall. Is anyone else wanting to get this procedure done ASAP, hopefully this year?