BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had lipo on my inner knees and calves just before Christmas..(as well as some other procedures)
I hadnt even thought about it, but when I asked my Dr. if he saw areas that he thought he could tweek..he went straight for my calves.
Im thrilled with the results.
My calves weren't large, but from my knees down to my ankles, the area went straight down..
l wanted a curve there at my inner calves..kissing knees and calves with a space in between, and that's what I have now.
Next month Ill post some before and after shots.

Hi thegorgeous

Am really happy for you and excited to now see people using Dr. Jong. How are you so far? am sure you'll heal beautifully. Was the actual surgery as you expected? what was your pain level? You seem to have left pretty early. I intend to spend 2 weeks in Taiwan once i do mine?
Pls update me how you are healing

take care
Javla

Hi Javla,

When do you intend to do yours? Are you from Singapore?

How much did Dr Jong quote you for the procedure? Did he say he need to do lipo on the calves as well or just the calves reduction surgery?

Cheers. :smile:

Hi Tammy 80,
Initially after the surgery, there will be some loss of calves strength. Whether will regain the strength in the calves to before surgery & how fast can achieve it depends on individual. I'm now 1 month post surgery, I can walk normally but if I try to walk fast, I can feel that my calves are very tight.

Does anyone know if Oz Clinic is open during the weekends? I am trying to plan my trip to make my trip as short as possible. I was thinking of flying in by Friday, get the surgery done the day I land and fly home by the following weekend. Dates are tentative at the moment but thinking after April.

Hi all,
I've been reading through this thread and would be VERY interested in seeing pictures from any of the people who've had it done recently...it would be great if you could let me know if you'd be willing to email any pics!
I'm thinking of getting the surgery done sometime this year and while I've seen the photos earlier on in the thread, it would be good to see some more recent ones. Is anyone else thinking of having the surgery done later on in the year?
How have the results for the people who visited Dr Jong been?

I was thinking sometime within the next three months. When later on the year were you thinking of? It would be nice to go with someone else for the same procedure.

Hi Jangkovich,

I am sorry for the delay of my answer.
I did not share my experience before, because it is very similar to that of gingersnaps99... But with a recovery process that takes much more time, as I had lipo concomitantly with calves reduction.

My calves' circumference = 36,5cm before operation
I got operated on the same day for the calves + lipo on the thighs, hips and lower part of belly in the end of last December.

Day before operations: blood sample + body parts measurements + pictures taken. You have to stop drinking/eating anything at midnight.

Operations day: just as gingersnaps99, I swapped my clothes for a dress, then Amy and Jin applied iodine all over me, from the toes to the belly. I waited for the anaesthetist to come in and inject the general anaesthetic into the IV connected to my arm. I woke up hours later in the recovery room, I felt no pain at all, just tiredness.

I totally agree with gingersnaps99: you cannot drink or eat for about 6 hours after the surgery, which is rather hard to stand because you feel so thirsty. The bedpan makes you feel ashamed and totally dependent, but when you are alone, cannot move properly, and are out of strength, you cannot do otherwise hehe. I stayed for the night at the clinic, and was watched after and fed regularly by both nurses.

Statements: I had a 2cm incision behind the natural fold of each knees, and little "holes" for the lipo (upper part of thighs, above the bottom, on the navel, near the pubis), the nurses regularly changed the bandages on the calves, and cleaned the areas around and on the stitches.

Day+1: Dr Park came in for the first visit the next day, and told me I had no complication :smile: However, it was hard to move, because I had bruises all over the lower part of my body. Cramps and pains are weakened with the pills you have to take. By the end of the day, I could go back to the hotel, after being taught the moves for the stretching exercices, given my pills.

Effects and pains = needle-pain sensation in the right heel, numbness on different parts of the body due to bruises and operations immediate aftermaths, dizziness when getting up, and heat also.

It was painful to walk on bare feet, but once you wear the wedge shoes, everything's alright.

Day+2: difficulty in finding sleep, walking on flats in the hotel room, needle-pain in the right heel. Everything I do just seems slow. I tried to do the stretching, but I have to tell that I was lazy, and dissuaded by the pains and "heaviness" of the body (with the bandages and the post-op swelling linked to lipo).

Day+3: first visit back to the clinic, incisions are cleaned, bandages removed for massages. I tried to put the compression stockings on, but it was impossible because I was too swollen and hurt also (right heel on fire).

Day+6: horrible day from the awakening (my pills lasted until Day+5). Bruises got bigger, and I wanted to fade away many times because I was so tired. I walked very slowly on wedge shoes, because of the pain, and also because the streets were so slippery/snowy at that time. Second visit to the clinic, everything looks fine and clean, stiches are removed and exchanged with steri-strips.

Day+7: I began to feel better, I don't know if it was psychological, or if the additional pain-killers helped.

Day+8: first aspiration at the clinic that went just fine, and wasn't painful at all. We swapped the bandages for the compression stockings, which took me about 30mn to put on, because they were so tight (class III)... I felt so much better with them on, and so much lighter also thanks to the aspiration!

Day+10: second aspiration that was very painful, maybe because I was on flat boots all morning to train myself to walk.

Day+11: third aspiration, the fluid coming out is very abundent strangely. Aspi is painful again, maybe because of the nerves sensibility.

Day+13: Jin filmed my fourth aspiration, Doctor Park gave me 4 syringes and steri-strips. Once back home, you have to do aspiration once a week, and change the steri-strips regularly for 3 months, before changing for scaring-gel.

The flight back home to Europe was really fine, I could stretch easily at the back of the plane.

Week+3: first aspiration. I failed (see earlier in this message thread), but someone could do it for me, happily and with success. No pain, only a "mosquito bite" effect on the right side during aspiration.

Left calf: 5 syringes of body fluid
Right calf: 2 syringes of body fluid
Fluid was red as blood mixed with little water

Week+4: second aspiration, not painful at all
Left calf: 4 syringes ==> fluid was very "liquid" and light red
Right calf: 1 syringe only: fluid was dark red as the first time

Week+5: third aspiration, not painful at all
Left calf: 1,3 syringe of light red fluid
Right calf: about 2cm of fluid in the syringe

Doctor Park told me I could stop the aspirations, and I was happy about that :smile:

I am now in my week+7 post-op, the bruises have totally disappeared, I walk everyday on flat shoes, and I barely limp anymore. I cannot run for the moment when I want to, because my calves just don't want to, but I feel my strengths are coming back as days go by.

The needle-pain in my right heel comes and goes, depending on the days, and the moment of the day also.

I still have a pain in the left side of my pelvis, but this is entirely my fault: when I was in Seoul, my right foot was so painful each time it touched the floor, that I totally relyed on my left foot. Besides, my feet always hit the floors rather heavily at that time, because 1/ I was not used to wearing wedge shoes 2/ I could not feel my feet properly on the bruised parts 3/ floors and "hills-like streets" were slippery.

I am still swollen from the toes to the belly at the moment, but I know this is only a matter of time. I forgot to mention that I am almost aged 30, this can also explains why it takes so long for my body to recover (but it also depends on the person's organism).

The compression stockings have to be kept 24/7 for 3 months.

Hi dear

He quoted me about 4000 USD at the time which was sometime last year. Am hoping its still the same when i decide to go.

take care

no dear, am not from Singapore. I live in Malaysia

Hi luvlie and moodarhee,
I wanted to do it as early as possible - at the minute though it looks like that will probably be the middle of May..
It would be really great if either of you were doing it at the same time, I get a little scared every time I think of the operation!!

Hi Moodarhee,

I had the surgery nearly 2 years ago and i am the same height as you and my pre -op calve was around 36cms, so i was pretty much in your situation. I never wore shorts or dresses as my calves looked bulky and i felt so embarrassed about them.

I wanted to share with you how things have progressed for me since the operation. Both my calves are now 33cms and no longer look bulky. Even though its only 3 cms it has made a huge difference. My main concern during the first 12 mths was that i had a tingling feeling on my right foot, it may have been due to same nerve damage but this has now fully disappeared. My walking and running ability is 100% back to normal. The only thing that i am a little concern about is the scar i have where the incision was made, its still quite dark, and will probably take a couple of years to lighten up. Overall, I am happy with the result. I had a tough recovery compared to some of the other girls but it has been worth it. I would also suggest to bring a supportive partner with you, I found it invaluable during the first few days following the surgery.

Good luck.

Hi molly2010,

Let me have your e-mail, I can send you some photos.

I did calf surgery + lipo on knee & calf with Dr Jong in Dec last year, now is 1.5 months post surgery. Other than swelling around my ankle & feet, my calves have recovered well. The swelling is mainly due to standing & walking for long hours at work. Plus it is my own body. It normally take a long time for me to recover from swelling.
I did have some tingling sensation initially & I later realised it is because I put the elastic bandage on too tight. Now the tingling is gone.
I'm walking on flat everyday. I can run a bit when I need to chase for bus, just feel some pulling on the calf.
On the whole, I'm happy with the shape of my calves now. I'm waiting to see the final result when all the swelling is gone.