BeautyHacker

How can I make my calves smaller?

The lipo is for my ankles, my calfs are 37cm and 38cm circumference in the morning and 38-39cm at the end of the day. I ask Jong if he could take out more; he said he will try but he has to wait to make that decision at surgery. Park just said my ideal circumference should be 33cm base on height and weight.
I think you'll be fine with the open toe wedges since your walking would be restricted for the first couple weeks so you probably would be indoors most of the time or bring a pair of the wedge short boots (try UGG) if you think you maybe venturing out. Best of luck!

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! I hope to make up my mind soon.

I had my calf surgery done with Dr. Park 2.5 years ago and was about to unsubscribe from this blog, but I've just noticed many of you are deliberating b/w Jong and Park, so allow me to enlighten you. As you all should, I researched about this for several years before i took the plunge, so I am very knowledgable about this procedure. I've also interrogated these two docs before I finally decided on Dr. Park even though he is slightly more expensive. Here are the reasons:

Dr. Park told me he used to the tube years ago, but replaced it with aspiration because it is less comfortable to patients and the result is better. When he used the drainage tube, scar healed badly and patients needed longer recovery period. Also, keeping the drainage tube in for more than a week can be cumbersome and painful!

Even though aspiration sounds scary, it is neither uncomfortable nor painful. I had no difficulty in doing it myself.

Dr. Park has more experience and better technique, so the result seems to be better. In fact, his nurse told me he does revisional surgery of Dr. Jong's work.

I feel irregular calf shape of the previous poster is the result of the previous liposuction.

I will stay on a bit longer in case anyone has questions. As for me.... best invest of my hard earned money!!!!

Hi Madison

I think my ankles are extremely thick too although Park doesnt think there's much fats :sad: I hope he could lipo them when i see him.

I told Jong that i think the measurements for my calves in the morning when i just wake up seem smaller than at nite esp after a whole day's walking etc. And he said something like Im "odd". I thought that's not something abnormal and not sure why he said that of me? :sad:

But anyway i think i would likely go with Park since Jong can only confirm 2cm loss for me which is too little i think for me to go thru such a traumatic surgery plus the longer scar.

Hi Sexy Legs

Thanks for sharing n thanks for sending me an email previously too ;)

I didnt know that Park used to use the drainage tubes? Did he tell you just before your surgery? He didnt mention that n he just said it might be more likelihood subject to infection.

I also didnt realise that Park does revisional work done by Jong?

Btw how many cm did you lose from the calf reduction surgery? Did you have to do any fat graft too?

For aspiration, are you only given one syringe or a few syringes? So you have to jab yourself everyday behind the knees (or where?) to draw fluids/excess blood out?

Thanks!

Hi unfortunately i dont think so.

I have gone thru calf lipo n it didnt make my calves smaller. In fact, now my calves are kind of lumpy n saggy in a way n there's a depression on my left calf now. Its an irony now that both Park n Jong recommend fat graft to fill up that depression (i had lipo originally to remove fats n now i need fats to fill it up???).

If you read thru those people who have gone thru calf lipo, i havent heard of anyone who is pleased with the results.

In fact im hearing from this forum that people are satisfied after partial calf muscle resection.

-------

Dr. Jong drains, so i asked Dr. Park his thoughts on that pre surgery. I was 38; for the first year, i fluctuated between 33 and 35; second year, from 32-34; third year stabilized at 32-33 even with daily exercise (walking with weights around ankles). As for aspiration, Dr. P do it for the first 3 weeks and then i had my nurse friend jab one time. I called around and some orthopedic docs were willing to do it for minimal price. I hope this helps

Hi sexy legs,
Thank you for sharing your story. I'm still not sure who to go... I have a "very thick" ankle, had lipo done years back, but did not change much in regards to the size, just now it's depressed in some areas, sort of lumpy looking. I reviewed dr parks' post op photos (the ones on his website); it appears most of his patients do not have the same problem as myself. I asked Park about my ankles; he said he'll do lipo if he feels it's needed. I don't want to get there and then find out he won't do anything about it. I also ask park what type lipo that he does, he replied it's not the instrument that he uses on lipo; it's the skill that matters. I agree on the part about the skill but I also believe the technique and instruments matters to. Jong said addl lipo and fat graft would help. What is your take on it? And how long did you wear the stocking? Thanks.

Hi! I'm interested in calf liposuction as I feel my calves are disproportionate to my size. My calves measure around 33-34 cm.

Is it true that all liposuction to the calves would result in lumpy looking calves? Or is it just the few who go back for calf reduction surgery?

Hi b_nthie! How are you recovering? I can't decide between Dr Jong or Dr Park for calf reduction, am wondering if you can share some light since you've been to both. Thank you!

Madison, I don't know how to advice on your post-lipo problem, but fat grafting sounds logical.

I bandaged for a month and wore medical compression stockings 24/7 for 3 more months and just nights for almost a year--just to be safe. Park recommends a few weeks of bandage and 3 months (I think) for stockings.

I had a slight imperfection (.5 cm bigger on one calf) revised last month by park for no cost and no recovery time. walked out of the office an hour after the surgery. it required 4 aspirations.

Hi TrollTrain

Are you sure you would want to go for calf reduction surgery when your calves measure around 33-34cm? I don't think I would want to if I were you cos it sounds like a major n traumatic surgery to me. But bcos my calves are around 38.5cm to 39.5cm/40cm that's why im pressing myself to go for it. 33-34cm sounds slim enough.

I went for calf lipo n it didn't result in obvious slimmer calves. In fact I find that they are more lumpy after calf lipo. N I haven't gone for calf partial muscle resection surgery yet. So far from the few calf lipo cases I have heard, none has got satisfactory results