BeautyHacker

thanks for sharing! i wanted to stay in a hostel too but i'm kinda afraid it's gonna be embarrassing >.<

dr tseng's going to be one of my choices, so your experience is invaluable! thanks and i've emailed you for pics :smile:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Christmas,

Thanks for responding to my post. I dun seem to be able to PM anyone...not too sure why.... :sad: Anyway, could you email me at [email protected]? Would love to keep in touch with you and we could plan our trip in Dec....Yay! looking so much to it! :yahoo:

Btw, has anyone heard of Dr Hsu? Is he good...?

Oh come on!I cant think of many things worth handing over 7900 of my hard earned money to! lol.

emailed everyone my pics...
My face is getting more defined each day (13 days from surgery). It is amazing. Noone at work could tell. My boyfriend hasn't seen it yet, but I am sure he could only think that I am prettier. My confident is sky-rocketing...
My flight ticket (booked online at last minute from Houston to Taipei through Northwest) is $900
My stay at the Hostel for 4 nights is $40
My surgery (revision NJ, Jaw reduction Botox, and laser eyelid tatoo remover) is $2600
Spending money is $300

Total is $3840 for AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE

For those of you that are wondering about the laser removal, here is my experience:
The laser removal on my eyelids cost about $200, and it hurts. My eyes was swollen, and still is, as if I had just gotten a double-eyelid surgery. You would have to ask Dr. Tseng during pre consultation if it is possible to have your fully removed. He would have to give you anethesia during your nose surgery (when you are under sedation) and perform the laser procedure himself right after the nose surgery.
Mine got removed for the most part. I got them done 6 years ago and the 1 part that didn't come off all the way was too deep-in. Dr. Tseng told me to re-visit him, since I will be traveling to Asia for work all summer, to get a touch up. It was bruised for exactly a week, but once the nurse removed the crust, the skin look normal.
Now, I am having a hard time putting on eyeliner, since the scared skin (not visable) needs some times to heal.
But without it, my face looks natural and YEARS YOUNGER

For those who are wondering about Jaw and Cheek Shaving (reduction), here is my 2 cents:

When I was waiting in Dr. Chuang's office, I had a chance to look through his before&after pictures of past patients. Many of them have had cheek and jaw reduction procedure, so I asked the nurse about it. She told me that both procedures would cost roughly $8700 USD ($250,000 NTD).

When I asked Dr. Tseng about this, he said that he would also perform this 'massive procedure'. However, I would need to stay in Taiwan for more than 2 weeks. After asking me to grin my teeth so he could feel my jaw bone, he said that I have thick masseters(jaw muscles)and it can be reduced by a high dosage of Botox shot instead. Dr. Tseng told me that over the last 2 years, he has over 10,000 patients coming to his clinic for these shot. He had also show me the x-ray showing the before and after of Botox.

Honestly, I have very high cheeks and manly square facial bones due to my Chinese heritage. I've been thinking and researching about these bone-shaving procedures, but opted not to do it. For what I could still remember from Human Ananomy class I took in college, our faces store the most nerve (facial nerves) since we needed them to make numerous facial expression. And as we should know, surgery doesn't only consist of cutting up the skin, sawing of the bones, then stitching you back up. For these procedures, you would need to reconnect all of the nerve and main blood vessel, and it is almost impossible to get them all. So the Risk and Compilcation are EXTREMELY HIGH!!!

Dudes, my body, especially face is too precious for me to take such risk. Messing with eyes, noses and everything else have given me lots of remorses and 'look what I had to go through to get the revision'. I need to respect my healthy body, especially except my beautiful face for what I have today.

My bestfriend has these procedures done 2 years ago. Her face was bruised and swollen for half a year. She was so ashame to walk out of the house, quit her job, and was misable for the whole time. Looking at her today, there isn't much different at all...

GUYS, Please try to read my Previous Postings BEFORE FLOODING MY EMAIL w/ tons of questions.
I don't mind answering individual questions, but I will be traveling to Asia for work again on the 29th (for the whole summer) and it might be hard for me to keep up with everyone.
Thanks

Thats really sad to hear, i hope she's ok now. Again, i didn't see much difference with invasive procedures to reduce the size of my face (lipo).. botox seems to be the technique that has better results visually..shame it isn't a permanent fixture... :sad: I hope your best friend is thankful that she didn't come out looking worse than before the surgery.. I know I am!

I'm thinking botox shots should do the trick up until our face slims out naturally. ( for all the chubby cheeked girls here ) I know that some people build tolerance to botox though and its effect eventually weakens on these people. although a product of a different nature, i had juvederm injected into my face and it lasted me about 9 months when the doctor said it would last 6 months so sometimes it might last alot longer than we think.

Thank you for your perspective and anecdote. It's always nice when you want to do a procedure, to hear what others think or have gone through.

Personally, I will be doing the jaw shaving procedure, most likely by the end of next month (unless like in your case, the doc says he finds it unneccessary). I do believe that your face is very fragile, and that major surgery is fraught with possibility of complications. The major nerve that runs down the lower jaw, the mandibular nerve, is responsible for sensation in the lower jaw/tongue area. Damage to the nerve will result in numbness and/or loss of feeling to the lower jaw and/or part of the tongue. That is why it is a MAJOR surgery (can't stress this enough) and one must go into such a surgery informed. I don't like to mess with my body, but if I do, it will be with a reputable surgeon doing so.

What I'm worried about more than anything is the swelling...not looking forward to how long its gonna be or having people staring. I plan to have fun while I'm overseas and I'm not going to curtail my sightseeing. However, I'm confident enough that I really don't give a #$%^.

=) Back on topic...houstong, your surgery results are great, and you're looking fabulous. Keep us updated with how your recovery is going and thank you for being so candid as to share your story and pictures with us.