BeautyHacker

Revisional double eyelids surgery

WTF? You just had DES done in June 2018 and you are certain that you'll need a revision in Dec 2018? Fire your doctor!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. It's definitely way too high. I wanted it to be the same size as my previous non incisional sutured double eyelid. But my current DES is just way too high even after factoring in the swelling. It was incised at 6.5mm, which gives about a 8mm crease height when healed

• 4 weeks later...
Hey guys, I Did my Double Eyelid revision with Dr Seo at APRIL31 in Gangnam last November and this is just to share my Sh**t experience with them. This is going to be a long review so please bear with me.

So I went to consult at APRIL31 and Brian act as in-house translator there. he and the DR were really nice. The problem with my eyes previously was sleepy eyes, high eyelid and a little bit uneven. I wanted to my eyes to be more awake and have A natural eyelid. During the consultation they were very nice especially Brian, when i kakao him he always replied very quick. I decided to go with them even though they are expensive asf. Oh..... i also did epicanthoplasty with them. So the Dr said he will do ptosis on me and lowered my eyelid so the line will be more natural. I did stitching method previously so he said this revision has to be incision. I asked him about scarring etc and he said no problem. Brian mentions how easy my case is and how I will be happy with my result after surgery in one month. He said it in such confidence and that kind of assured me to do surgery with APRIL31.

But the result is utterly depressing that I feel like crying every day.

1. The epicanthoplasty has scar but I can live with it with my concealer.

2. They told me they are going to lower my eyelid, but the height is still the same. The difference was, last time I have high parallel shape but now I have high weird tapered eyelid shape. Not only that, the line is so much thicker, fake and at a certain angle or lighting the line is not smooth but kind of crooked. If i looked down, people can definitely see the thick lines and scars.

3. My eyes aren't closed properly and when I close my eyes, I have a wrinkled scar near the front edge of my eyes for both eyes.

4. My ptosis, i swear i see no difference that i repeatedly asked them is thei did ptosis on me.

Okay guys sorry my rant didn't end up here. I am also really upset with their after care, like very!

After I took the stitches out, I was a bit worried because I didn't see the difference with my eyes (It looks like my first post op),
I texted Brian about my concern and he called me and told me not to worry, everything is caused by swelling. He also told me he checked my surgery chart and ptosis is done properly and if my eyes are not open by 6 months he told me to sue him xD (Maybe I should because my eyes never did open).

After that, I started to see scaring and my eyes not closing properly (it looked really scary guys, I pity someone who has to sleep next to me)and he never replied my messages after that, he just read it lol.

after a few weeks, he added me on group chat with Claire. She told me Brian's on vacation and that's why he didn't reply me, Okay with Claire, I feel like she treated me like a dumb person (But probably am because I did my surgery with them).

1. I told her if they did ptosis surgery on my eyes (They charge me so much extra for the ptosis, of course I am mad). she told me it's my fault because I am not used to opening my eyes. She told me to open my eyes widely to practice or whatever (did it few months till I got a headache and see no difference) Then I showed her again my photos and basically she said My ptosis is done, it didn't work so I should try endoscopic eyebrow lift.

2. Showed her my scar photos and she told me, 'when you make double eyelid you must have a scar because that is how it supposed to be". Umm, that why I want to talk to Brian because I think he remembers what Dr Seo told me when I asked if there's going to be a scar. Well, I knew its normal to have a scar but a wrinkly scar is normal?

3. Also showed her my eyes not closed properly. she told me when someone does ptosis, not being able to close the eyes is common. (okay at this point I am just speechless). Then I requested her to tell me if I could talk to Brian since he translated my consultations with Dr Seo, and how they said my eyes will look more natural, open up bla bla bla bla bla bla bla. She told me she will informed me when he's back and still not heard until now.

So basically to conclude my experience in APRIL31 is full of regret. You guys have to be careful with consultants like Brian or any others consultants who is so friendly and can spout empty promises with such confidence. They will make it sounds like it will be your last revision. But then I guess it's their job. In the beginning, i didn't want to write such a bad review for APRIL31 because during consultation DR Seo and Brian were so friendly and nice. But then after they after care i think i can see their true color.

I hope my review can help someone who's doing their research for their revisions. Revisions are such a sad experience and I hope no one has to go through it. all the best guys.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

I'll be going to Korea in the beginning of October 2018 for a revision to lower my fold, currently it is very high (7 mm, but seems much higher to me), parallel crease with a sausage appearance. This was a procedure I had done almost 10 years ago without really understanding the dynamic of eyelid folding, etc. and what constitutes for more natural appearance. I feel more ready now on what I would like to have done, I have an appointment with Dr. Kang at IOU, however other than that I love to hear any recommendations and reviews on experienced doctors specifically for revisional surgery. And doctors or practices to avoid.

I will be going with my mom possibly, who can speak korean (my korean is very limited), but a translator may be necessary incase I travel alone.

This thread has been so useful for my planning, I appreciate all your reviews and post! Also if anyone is going in October, I'd love to meet.

Hope it goes well for you! I'm going in November and I'm feeling uncertain as to how much I should lower. I've a high parallel from my primary DES too and I'm definitely changing it to a low tapered one

Hello everybody,

I'm planning to go to Korea middle of the November for double eyelid surgery. But I don't know which clinic to choose. There so many clinics. :confused1: Can you please suggest best clinic based on your experience?

Thanks in advance

All the best for you. Please keep us updated. I’m thinking of doing a revision once I pass 6 mo from original op

All the b

• 1 month later...
Hello Trinity, I would strongly advise you to be cautious of changing parallel to tapered.

My first DES also resulted in high, parallel and deep double eyelids. After 4 years, I went to revise my double eyelids because I disliked them. Like you, I wanted to change from parallel high to tapered low. However, I totally regretted it.

You need to understand that our double eyelids are also scars. If you were to change from parallel to tapered, the previous line will still be showing and it will lead to extra line at your start of your double eyelid. Actually, even if the doctor excises the skin, he will still need to sew it back and this results in an incision and all incisions lead to scars.

I did lowered my double eyelids too and it looks much better now but the start of my double eyelids look uneven because of the change from parallel to tapered. I will need to go for scar revision for my double eyelids again.

Hi Pizzawto! Thanks for the heads up and taking the time to alert me. I really appreciate it! :smile:

To be honest, the sheer depth, height, shape is affecting me so much that the prospects of scars is not really a concern to me as compared to correcting it. If it does result in a visible line due to the change to tapered, I'll probably try to conceal it with makeup first then seek out scar revision. I'm just really desperate to lower my double eyelid drastically. I don't just dislike it.. It's affecting me badly :sad:

Btw, do you mind sharing which clinic you went to and how much you paid for the lowering?

• admin locked and unlocked this topic
Hi Trinity, so sorry, I do not want to reveal the clinic due to personal reasons. Maybe you can consider low parallel crease instead? But if you really want to do low tapered, try discussing with your doctor and make sure that he is honest with you. I think many doctors in South Korea generally do not deliver what they promise hence you really need to be careful. I know I sound like a pessimist but after my second failed surgery, I learn to be even more careful.

I'm looking to go end oct/ early nov 2018. please PM me if anyone is interested to do together.