BeautyHacker

Good skin clinics in Korea

Susaki, the doctor wanted me to go to his clinic everyday so that he can check on my progress and spread out his treatment.
Initially, I was to go once every 2 days but everytime before I leave his clinic, he would say "Please come tomorrow okay?"
I'd paid for everything upfront so it's not as if he gets to earn more by asking me to visit his clinic everyday.
Downtime for the laser treatment? Well, your face will be tender and red but other than that, you can still do whatever you want.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi skiology, can you pm me the clinic that you did your treatments. And how much you have spent in total. Thank you very much!!

Omg ur dr is so gd, i have laser treatment in my home country, however, the downtime is a mth...... at least a week cant make up, and many needle holes, however, i dunno the exact name of tht laser. After tht laser, my acne scar seems better but not fully recover.

Plz do pm me after 10 post, i want the dr name and clinic too as i will be in korea in nov for 3 weeks, hope can do some skin treatment too. Thanks

Hi all, thanks for sharing so far :smile:

I have a question and I hope to get some help from all of you here. There is small dent between my right cheek and nose due to an isolated acne scar in the past. Refer to the pic. What is the procedure that I should undergo to smoothen out this dent? Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Skinology, currently I'm in seoul and would like to consult your doctor. Possible to email me his contact to me at [email protected]? Greatly appreciated.

Its best to go to clinics that have the prices shown on the site, that way you know that you're not getting ripped off. Some popular clinics among locals are you&i, the dream skin (sites are in korean only :sad:http://gn.uni114.co.kr/new/index.asp
thedreamskin1.tistory.com/
I've personally been to soo clinic and JL plastic surgery for eyelids
I plan to go to soo clinic again on my next trip to korea

I agree with you that clinics should have a price list so that people will have a rough guide of the prices but you will find that almost all clinics don't state prices of the services they offer.

When I asked my doctor for the reason, he said patients may not know what's best for their skin but will come in demanding to have so and so treatment because of the price although it may not be what's suitable or recommended for their skin.

But me feels that most clinics do this so that consumers cannot compare prices.
Anyway, not all famous and popular clinics are good and vice versa.

Hello peeps!

Im in seoul right now and just went for a consultation, for pore reduction on my face. fyi just did rhinoplasty last thursday.

Treatment they recommended was Laser & PRP... but the thing is i have to be on general anesthesia they did say is going to be a short treatment like 10/15mins.

Isit normal to go on GA?

The price is pretty costly 2.5million won... for 2 times (including everything, mask/moisturizes, treatment, etc..)

Hi,

I just went to the clinic that you have given me earlier. Dr Park quoted me around USD$2000 for Excel-V, Affinite, Fractional Laser and some chemical peeling for my freckles, acne marks, skin tags and wrinkles. Treatment will 2 times per week for 4 weeks.

Can someone advise me if they are charging me reasonable? And can please advise me how is your condition now? I have read reviews that it's not adviseable to do fractional laser as it will damaged your skin. I can't decide if I should go ahead with the treatments. Please give me some advise. Thank you!

It's absolutely NOT normal to be on GA for simple aesthetic treatments!
Although extremely rare, GA can result in death and I don't know what kind of doctor will actually recommend that to his patients.

Even local anesthesia is not recommended...numbing cream will suffice for most.

I had Excel-V and Legato (some kind of fractional laser) but what is Affinite?
Treatment 2 times a week for 4 weeks means a total of 8 treatments.
$250 per treatment...is that expensive for you? (It's a genuine question, not trying to be condescending).

There are many dermatologists in Seoul but most only speak Korean.
If they have a translator there, they may be paid commission per patient and in the case of Maylin, they may as well be committing robbery.

Do you trust the doctor, did he make you feel comfortable?
These are personal questions that I can't answer for you...but in my case, I trust him and entrusted my face to him :smile:

After fractional laser, my face was very red, raw and had tiny scabs on the second day.
Now, my face is smoother, brighter and all the scabs are gone.