BeautyHacker

Post prices of Korean clinics here!

Very good share, can I please get your kakao :smile:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KaKao is blocked in China so I have very limited access to it without a VPN. I started researching clinics using methods others suggested (Babitalk + google translate). If you go to a clinics website in Korean all you have to do is copy paste the name into Babi to find out if they have any events and to see some B/A.

When it comes to bargaining with clinics, although to some it's a foreign concept, these clinics expect it. I would urge people to think of this as a business transaction and leave your emotions at the door. Are you having surgery with the head doctor? If not, negotiate the price. Is there a live promo on Korean sites, ask to be given said promotion. Are you submitting your B/A photos, DISCOUNT. If you're blogging about your experience, DISCOUNT.

Get someone to translate the surgeries you want (on fiverr/ craigslist/ etc.) into Korean and sent it to clinics from a naver email acct. Then ask for the same surgery quotes in English, that will help you gauge the going rate.

Lastly, some clinics offer discounts if you pay in cash. I was told by a few of the clinics, the method of payment does not dictate the discount... *shrug*

Hi everyone!

I am new to this forum, I am planning to go to Banobagi for a consultation. I am now terrified after reading some mixed reviews and feel like I can't do much as I have already booked my flights. I'm thinking of having consultations at different clinics at least for a back up now.

Is anyone living in Korea or know how to speak Korean and find out whats the average price for a eyelid revision and ptosis correction for locals, if anyone can help oh my goodness thank you so much. I would especially like to find out for that specific clinic as well.

Previously, I had my heart set on ID to have my primary rhino. However, after dealing with their unprofessional sales team and falling victim to marketing, I no longer recommend this clinic. Over the course of two weeks my consultant, Erica and Jane, increased the price, changed the surgery method (WITHOUT disclosing this info to me), and lied about the surgery dates. Anyway, I just received an email from them that they're completely booked until the end of March, so if anyone is considering buying having surgery there, save yourself the headache and ON TO THE NEXT! Also, they only told me they're booked until March because I decided to get one procedure and not the slew that they recommended. Very shoddy and shady practice, TPF beware.

Anyway, I've now shortlisted the following clinics: View, Dream, Banobagi, April 31, and Line.

Dream - Online price
Primary rhino: 3.1mil krw
Fat grafting: 2.0mil krw

View - Online price
Primary rhino: 4.5mil krw
View - local
Primary rhino: 2.5mil krw

LaPrin - local
Fat grafting: 750,000

Wow,what kind of ads u shown them? Do u mind telling me?

I think we should take price quotes from clinics with a grain of salt. Prices definitely depends on how many surgeries you are having at the same clinic and also at what time period you're having plastic surgery. I don't believe that a quote from a clinic should determine whether you'll visit them or not. Just my opinion and this is why I don't ask for quotes. I have my budget and if the clinics I will consult with when I'm in Korea think that's acceptable, then I'll go ahead and do the surgery with them. :smile:
That's just my two cents though :P

Babitalk, some clinics post specials on their website (Korean version), I don't speak a word of Korean. Like Blovy, initially I didn't think I needed quotes, I had a budget of what I was willing to spend. However, when I emailed all the clinics for consultations they all replied with estimates. I then realized, wow, they're all within my budget. After that realization I creeped on this website to see what others were quoted, imagine my surprise when I found out the clinics were charging locals much less. Also, after my second appointment I sent my Korean friend the quotes I was given and they literally are like "YOU'RE BEING EXTORTED" (she showed the quote to her mom and they laughed...) That when I changed my game plan. I don't want to have the same surgery with the same technique for 2-3x more, but again, thats just me.

Is there any way I could get the local price from them even if I dont speak Korean?

Most likely no, but I've heard of a few forumers getting the local pricing on their own. But some clinics just simply won't allow it because they need to pay the translator and/or their own in-house english translator.

Sometimes when I walk into a clinic, and I bring up pricing, the consultant will say "you can't have this price. this is Korean pricing" and I hire a friend to do translating for me and my friend will mention that he/she isn't taking commissions and they gladly switch the price over to Korean pricing. Of course with hiring a friend over someone who translates as a job, you don't get any special treatment such as being driven around in a car or having someone to hold your hand before and after surgery.

Ahh I see! Is there any way/place/website where I could hire a person for a day who doesn't take commission? I don't have any acquaintances living in Korea, but that sounds like a genius idea to get korean pricing! I agree, haha I'd rather hold my own hand before surgery :roflmfao:

Read through this entire thread and I feel bad that some of you got ripped off here... This is seriously an issue in Korea. I'm here for studies and have accompanied a lot of my chinese/korean classmates when they go for consultation. Just a heads up for you guys.

1) Try to avoid big hospitals. Just because they have nice B&A or real stories, it doesn't mean that you will end up like them (everyone has a different base to start with) It's not an inside story but most Koreans know that big hospitals have many operating surgeons and the one that you consulted with is not necessary the one that will be doing the surgery for you, it might be a trainee surgeon. Since I have been in Korea for awhile, trust me the big hospitals do have a lot of customers but do you know that just last year a bunch of chinese patients went on a strike in myeongdong because of failed surgery (unbalance zygoma/jaw reduction/etc) and the hospitals were reluctant to do anything about it?
ps: Not trying to say big hospitals are bad, just be careful.

2) Don't pay deposit or whatever they tell you to secure a surgery date. Make plans to visit as many hospitals and narrow down those that you think fits what you are looking to do. Once you put a deposit, its not gonna come back.

3) I have to say this, small vs big well known hospitals. Small ones are precise and they care about how YOU look rather than how much money you will spend, they won't recommend you to do unnecessary procedures to your face. Instead big hospitals will recommend you to add on this and that blah blah how it will look good etc.. Small clinics are expensive but one thing for sure is that both the consulting and operating surgeon is the same. A little more expensive but well quality is better than quantity isn't it?

4) It's pretty tough for them to give you local price unless you go with a local who knows the market well... For the prices you guys are paying in big hospitals, the reason why its expensive its because you are paying for the in-house translator and the amount of advertisements they have to do to promote themselves. My classmate's sis works part time as an in-house translator and she is being paid a basic and also a commission for every sucessful patient. I don't know if it works for all hospitals though.

5) LUCK. Honestly, I kid you not. You get it done at a hospital that is well known for nose/eyes whatever but yours might not turn out the way you want it to be. Some just have to get it done twice to get the right result. Pray hard and do good deeds!(haha, just kidding~)

Anyway I saw that someone was quoted 10,000usd to get their eyes and nose done? Sorry that is obviously rip off, locals can simply get double eyelids done at 600,000-800,000won and if you are gonna get the inner corner cut its probably 1.4mil to 1.6mil(together with double eyelid surgery)

All the best to those who will be coming to Korea to get surgery done~

woah... :smile: Thanks for sharing, this is really interesting. Few clinics that i am consult with are asked me to send deposit for me get the surgery spot during winter season but i am not get them. So, i am not want to send deposit yet. It's like pushed the potential patient to get the surgery which you are not sure but if you are not want to get the surgery then don't need to make deposit.

I think that it's true that korean clinics will charged or quoted foreigner that high than local. Of course more higher than local because you can not speak korean so there will be some money for translator that help you. The translator are the one who are will be with you during your visit at the clinic. :smile:

I am totally agree that it's about luck.. :sweatdrop: so some are lucky to get best result and some are not. [​IMG]Well, i think that it's back again. If you are want to get best result from plastic surgery then keep think positive about the surgery, know what to expect as well as prepared yourself to get incision by the knife. :sweatdrop: Sounds scary.. If you think that you can be someone else or look like celebrity then think again before you going to under the knife because it's going to be like those girls who have bad result. :-s I think that it's corrective rather than changed your look completly to copy someone else is kind of like extreme. :wondering Keep realistic and know the limitation of your body. That's my opinion and what i am believe really, because look on these girls who get bad result are still not satisfied with the result so get another revision is make me sad because overall it is not cheap and also it's not easy like one night and then you will get good result so takes time to heal.

Hi,

I messaged JW and was quoted 4-5 mil won for rhinoplasty.
Did they give you an exact price?