BeautyHacker

Post prices of Korean clinics here!

Pm-ed you, and sorry for going off topic ^^

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I just wanna ask how do you haggle price? They will say that we need to pay a higher price since we are foreigners so we don't have the privilege to enjoy those discounts.

I'm going in December 2015 and I guess it's the peak period for plastic surgery. I will be visiting clinics and comparing prices but how would a foreigner get to enjoy those local prices?

I'm looking at Babitalk too. But it's so hard to navigate around. Tried using Google translate. Doesn't work for some pages somehow :sad:

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you :smile:

I have been doing my own research and emailing some of the clinics so far only receive from view and they quote me 8 mil ( double eyelid +lateral cantoplasty = 3mil) and (nose bridge+ nose tip and alar reduction= 5 mil) its already inclusive of tax but they say the price is negotiable .

Not sure if its consider expensive.

if you have a smart phone, the google translate app has a special function for pictures. most Korean advertisements, not just the cosmetic surgery ones or the ones on babitalk, are image files rather than text that google translate can normally understand. but if you use the app version, you can take a screencapture of the babitalk app when you find something you want to translate, then open that screenshot in google translate by using the camera icon that's below the text field. then the app will scan it for readable text and you can highlight the text with your finger that you want to read in English!

Try using google chrome, it seems to have the translation app built into the browser.

Some people on BabiTalk are promoters, or at least seem fishy to me. But some does seem to be actual people. You can message people on babi and probably get a lot of information that way :smile:
People also post pictures of their botched surgeries on BabiTalk, so I think that can be very informative as well. But I would not rely on BabiTalk 100%, because you don't really know who are promoters or not. But their promotions are really good!! You should definitely check them out :smile:

Blobvy is right, there are promoters on the app just like anywhere else, so you have to take some of what you read on there with a grain of salt. but it has helped me a lot in terms of gauging what price i should expect when i go on my consults. some of the clinics i have appointments with have posted promotional prices on there, while some are just charging significantly more than what other, similar clinics have advertised on babitalk. i also like using it for the pictures; babitalk is a great resource for before/after and recovery photos, which help me estimate how much recovery time i'll need and what i'll need to do for swelling and other side effects of the surgeries i'll be getting.

basically i wouldn't use babitalk to CHOOSE my clinic, but i'm using it as a great resource and supplement to my other research. i feel more confident about my bargaining ability thanks to the promotional prices that i've found on there.

Actually I don't know... I have just asked simple questions using google translate, but you could probably ask in Korean if they know English. And if they do know English then you can ask them questions in English :smile: I think this is the best way to do it.
And yeah I really like the app. It's very interesting and also a lot easier to use than naver, imo. Hopefully you will get some useful information from it :smile:

what procedure will you be doing ?
are blood test , scans , medications and tax included in the cost?

she got quoted a lot lower then mine , i got quoted for rhinoplasty was 4500-5500 usd.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your information. Do you get quotes ahead of time, and decide the clinic or you get a few quotes, arrange face to face consultation when you arrive Korea, then negotiate onsite and decide clinic to do surgery the next day? Where do you stay? Do you pay in credit card or cash? Do you go there alone?