BeautyHacker

Post prices of Korean clinics here!

This is rubbish.

Foreigners in Korea pay foreign prices because they don't think they have the bargsining power, aren't comfortable bargaining, arent well informed about what they SHOULD be paying or are just so happy to get their surgery they don't mind paying a higher price.

I am simple trying to provide some price points for people to direct their research and bargaining discussions.

If you spend even a little time researching properly on these forums you will see multiple examples of not only foreigners but Caucasians that have bargained and received the local prices.

Case in point - me, a white person who paid the going rate for Vline and FG. There is another caucasian with his own thread on genioplasty right now on this forum who also paid the local price.

So don't fall into the trap of thinking you shouldn't be able to pay the local price - particularly in this post-MERS economy it is a buyers market.

But again, even the most basic research would tell you that.

In no way did I suggest that you should go to a "cheap alternative" to save money.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My definition of 'reasonable price' is the market rate, not the completely inflated foreigner rate.

Fare enough, if you want all the bells and whistles like airport transfers and a car to and from your hotel everyday you can expect to pay a little more. But there is no justification for making the surgery itself 3 x more expensive than what local pay.

The foreign consultants need to be paid for their time, yes, but they earn a pittance - the equivalent of about $30k a year. So there is no way that a foreigners surgery should be three times more expensive than a Koreans in order to pay for the cost of these fees. Ie 4.5 million won for FG for a surgery that costs Koreans 1.5 million. Where is the extra 3 million value in this? A car to the airport? Are you happy to be paying 3 million won for your airport transfer, effectively?

And honestly, the way some clinics are quoting right now you ARE actually better off staying in your home country for surgery - particularly if you factor in flights, hotels and the exchange rate. That's the unfortunate thing about it.

Another thing - It's not about what they quote you, particularly online. You have to be there in person to get the best rate and you often have to bargain with them. I recommend people not even bother getting an online quote because a lot of them are so far off the mark of what you would end up paying they provide no good indication at all.

And there are multiple clinics in Gangnam who quote the same prices for locals (or very close to). This information is all readily available on the forum.,

My point exactly

Though you aren't a Korean, you live in Korea and can speak Korean of course you have higher bargaining power. The Caucasian you claim who got a genioplasty had a Korean friend recommending him another "not so well known" clinic who quoted him a much better price. He could fairly well accept the offer and go ahead with the surgery but he decides to increase his bargaining power at the clinic he chose initially which was considered a "not too bad" clinic.

To add on, his no.1 recommendation was to have a Korean friend with you which was what I had pointed out.

I didn't say that one should accept extortionately high prices such as 3x the local prices. That's a total rip off anyway. Foreigners will pay more than locals because of the translation service the clinic provides. Nothing is free. The staff (including the doctor) gets paid for translating. This is one of the differences between a local and a foreigner. I may be wrong but you managed to get a local price because you do not need translation service.

Bear in mind that majority of the forumers here are non-Koreans and can't speak fluent Korean. I don't think one can get much bargaining power for knowing how to speak only basic Korean.

Incorrect.

If you read my posts properly you will see that i was not living in Korea at the time I got my quote nor did I consult in korean because I wasn't originally doing surgery.

I went with my non-Korean boyfriend to his consultations, all of which was conducted in English entirely as he doesn't speak a word of Korean. In fact none of the clinics we went to even knew I spoke Korean because we didn't use it. So no, neither of us got a discount for not needing translating.

I also clearly said in my posts that I had a translator present with me at all times. Korean is not my first language and I don't understand all the medical terms.

We got good prices because we consulted in person at the clinics and knew what the approximate going rate was for our surgeries.

Of course I know that the majority of forummer's here are non Korean.

I also know that the majority don't have "a Korean friend" they can take with them to consult.

Why else would I spend my time assisting forummer's by translating clinic promotions and advertisements from Korean into English?! I do it so people can be well informed about the going rates for their surgeries and to let them know what they can (and should) try and bargain.

All the best in your bargaining negotiations though:smile:

Thanks for the informative link. What is the difference between lower jaw and bottom jaw anyone know?Chin is also not included in the list.

wow~ that's quite cheap..but there will be price difference now and 2012? right?

Yes very cheap but rates were still the same as now back then :P I think I got so much discount because the consultant lady really liked me (she was SO sweet) and also the fact that I was still pretty young (17) and had major esteem issues :sad: I think she felt empathy for me!

Are they allow to do surgery for 17??
wow, I may need to go there for my face contouring :smile:
Can you please give me more information of clinic?

Yes I was 17 at the time but I only did nose and eyes there so I have no idea about contouring ;)

Their website is http://www. designerps .com/
Two different doctors worked on me for my eyes and nose.