BeautyHacker

Post prices of Korean clinics here!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They call it Korean thanksgiving in English..

It's a mid-autumn festival to celebrate a good harvest that involves ancestral rites ceremonies. It's a 3 day holiday (more if it backs into a weekend) so everyone travels back to their home town for the ancestral celebrations. Transport is hideous all over Korea throughout Chuseok and a lot of businesses close. Seoul can be a little quieter but a lot of people make use of the break for surgery haha:P

Do you know when in summer by any chance? Like roughly dates... I have no idea when summer holidays start for schools and universitys in Seoul...

Mid June til late August / September. Basically a few weeks from now til September is peak for summer

• 2 weeks later...
the price listed is not cheap at all :/

Yeah I've realised that after going through PF! (Thank god for PF)

Currently waiting for Girin's reply. I'm hoping they'd be more reasonable as their website claims,
"We do not treat unequally to foreign patients. We provide the best service and reasonable price to both local and foreign clients.
We do not charge for overseas marketing with exaggerations. We never charge unreasonable price to foreign clients."

*crosses fingers*

A link to a recent article discussing overcharging of foreigners by brokers in Korea:

http://english.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2015/05/28/2015052801396.html

FYI this article suggests that the going rate for DES is 1.2-1.5 million won.

That's definitely in line with what I've seen most koreans here pay.

So if you're getting quoted much more than that... You're being ripped off

they quoted me 7.5 mil krw, but my nose is considered short and bulbous. they told me initially that it would have been around 6 mil, but then they changed their categorization for my nose :/