BeautyHacker

Any opinions on ITEM CLINIC?

http://www.itemcliniceng.com/face/item-face07.html

http://www.itemcliniceng.com/face/item-face04.html

I think ITEM is pretty popular among the Naver community and some of the Chinese forums. But it doesn't look like Purseforum members have tried it.

Anyone has experience with this Clinic? In particular their Facial Contouring division?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I want to know as well. Base on their email, it seem like they know what they doing. I want to have my nose done and cheekbone reduction.I know that my nose is on the short side and my biggest fear is that I will end up with a piggy nose. (I never mention this concern with any clinic, I want to see who could point out that problem :cool:). Most of the clinic just suggest the standard procedure: bridge implant, tip plasty and alar reduction. Only Item point out that I have a short nose so that they will perform short nose correction as well. Through email consultation, I feel comfortable with Item the most, however, when I check their doctor's profile, most doctors are from BK and Grand.
Now I'm torn. I like their style but consider the doctors are from BK and Grand, I'm kinda hesitated. :sad:

Yeah, BK and Grand are #2 and #3 on the top sued clinics list in Seoul.

but just because they belong to those clinics, doesn't mean the doctors themselves are bad.

If anything, those may be the good doctors that leave BK and Grand to join Item, thus, contributing to the downfall of the former two clinics.

Just speculating haha.

i saw bongqiuqiu's post too and that sparked me to try out plastic surgery too! before this I didn't know that the dent in the forehead can be easily filled with fats via fat graft. Has anyone else tried ITEM? Can you please let me know how your surgeries went?

Thanks a bunch!

Please do share.

I'll be consulting with them too.

Item is on my shortlist because from their email, they seem to know what they're doing. plus, I got a personal response from Doctor Kim at Item. He said my cheeks are already good so there's no need to do anything to them, only thing I need to do is my chin. That's an honest answer. He didn't push me to do procedures I don't need.

How many clinics actually let you consult with the doctor through email? It kinda shows they care about their patients (me). So I have a good impression.

Hello, I am a NYC girl and I came to Seoul to do rhinoplasty and incisional upper bleph. I chose Item because of their excellent before and after photos and their caring manner. I am on day 3 of recovery and aside from the swelling of the cheeks and eyes, I feel pretty normal. I met with Dr Kim for my nose and Dr Chung WooJin for my eyes. Dr Kim is pretty much all business and has a serious air about him, but he answers all questions patiently and thoroughly. I trusted him right away. Dr Chung is very kind and honest and will recommend what he thinks is best for you but does not push. I chose Item over TL clinic because I felt TL had a strong sales vibe which I didn't really like. However, my consultant there was super nice and available all the time for my questions. It was a hard choice, but I'm glad I went with Item. I've attached a photo. :smile:
I've really depended on this forum for my choice and I sincerely thank the Purseforum community for such valuable information! Cheers!

Hey thanks for posting that, I'm going to be going to item myself for rhinoplasty (primary) for consult and will probably go with them as well. Do you mind sharing what you had specifically done to your nose as well as the price? I'll be updating this thread as well once I arrive next week and if I decide to go with them, etc. Thus far I like how the actual doctor who will be doing my rhino responded to my email and didn't suggest anything other than what he thought was necessary.

Hi Nosey,

I had bridge augmentation, alar reduction, tip refinement (he harvested bone from my nasal cavity?) The cost was around 4 million KRW. The original photo I posted I was really swollen, but now it looks a lot more refined. I am getting my stitches out tomorrow so I am SUPER excited to see it. I think Dr. Kim did an excellent job.
Some cons:
My nose drips constantly. I am stuffed up and it's embarrassing when it suddenly happens in public. Also, cleaning it out with hydrogen peroxide burns like a b*tch! I am such a baby about pain, though, so some people might find it tolerable.
Part of the reason why I chose Item was the noses I saw in the clinic while waiting for my consult. Really refined, not too dramatic or pointed. I wanted natural, and he gave me natural. My tip is higher than I imagined but I really like it! I've attached a photo.

Hey thanks for responding, I really appreciate it! Your nose looks awesome alrready, you're going to look amazing since the shape of your face is already perfect! Do you mind if I ask you if you had a silicone imlant on your bridge? Wasn't sure if that is implied with bridge augmentation. Anyhow the price you paid was similar to what I was quoted, I sent my pictures through email to over 10 different places and item was one of the lower priced ones, that and not knowing much about them made me hesitant but your photos and experience make me feel more confident with going to see them for a consult. I've searched all over the web for reviews on Item and most are good with a few great first hand results that people have posted or blogged about with pictures, etc. I don't want to go to a factory clinic where I'll feel rushed and the profile of Dr. Kim's personality and serious nature seem like a good fit for what I want. Please continue to update this thread with our continued healing as thus far it looks like you made a great choice and your nose surgery looks like a success!

After going through several consultations, my friend decided to go with ITEM for double eyelid surgery. Her eyes look very natural and nice! She is Korean and lived there for a few years. I think it's best that you go for in person consultations first and speak with the doctor and view the before/after results.

A lot of people don't like them on this forum because they are known for their natural results, but I actually really like their work. Their before/afters are pretty and not weird-looking (unlike a lot of other clinics, IMO).

I was seriously considering them when I went to Korea but ultimately did not get it done with them. Their prices are average/reasonable.

Hi Nosey,

Thanks! I am really VERY happy with my nose. Below is my BEFORE NOSE. Now look at it after! I'm back home and receiving lots of compliments. It has become even more smaller ( I am day 7 of recovery) and looks perfect. I will post a recent photo soon. Be sure when you go to Item to ask for Dr. Kim. There is another doctor there (Dr Oh?) that does more dramatic results, but Dr. Kim does natural results. Be sure to bring photos of what you are looking for, because I noticed that what I said and the pictures I brought didn't always line up. So having photos really makes a difference. I am so amazed by his work. I thanked him profusely, but he is so serious, I am not sure how he took it. hahaha.

Yes, he did use silicone for my bridge. And for my tip, he said he would harvest it from my nasal cavity. Oh, and after they took the splint off, the running of the nose completely stopped. So excited for that. :smile: Their pricing is very reasonable and I wound up spending 2K less than I expected. Yes, it doesn't seem like there is a lot of info on them, but I actually watched a lot of youtube testimonials on Item and based on THOSE results, I decided to consult on them. Let me know if you want those links, cause I really had to search. I would recommend going to them without reservation. Good luck to you!!!!!:smile:

Thanks Pichu! I am so happy with the results !:yahoo: This was an open procedure. He told me I had a slight deviation on my bridge that he had to grind down. I was like, What? really? I had no idea and I've stared at my nose my whole life.
Anyway, you can barely see the cuts he made. I was pretty diligent about using the ointment and cleaning and I think I probably heal fast. It doesn't even look like I had anything done.