BeautyHacker

Any opinions on ITEM CLINIC?

I thought it would be a better idea to draw the lines before going to the surgery theatre as the patient is able to see the drawing and the doctor is able to perfected it. I have read alot of forums and most doctors do draw before going in for surgery.

I am thinking where the miscommunication is now as the ends of the crease is going downwards. So the crease looks like it is going up at the arc and going down after that towards the ends of the eyes.. I am thinking that he might have not extracted enough skin as I did the incisional method.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you tell the doctor or consultant what type of crease you wanted? They asked me and the consultant drew it and also showed the doctor and I also showed the doctor photos of eyes I liked and made it clear what I wanted. I think it's really important for any type of surgery that the doctor knows exactly what you want because if you don't say anything they will do what they think is best which might not be what you want >.< From what I remember, the consultant told me that tapered creases and infolds are very popular in korea as it is the most natural so thats why I think showing pics is a must to be clear.

Yeah I knew dr Chung was clear on what I wanted as I saw the shape he made with my eyelids using a toothpick so I was confident about the results of my eyes but if you google Hui Rong's blog, she was sponsored by ITEM and they show the drawings on her eyelids and it's like..dashed and dots, not creases like you're thinking so I doubt you seeing the drawing on your lids would make a diff? I think what people should do is ask the doctor to show them the finished crease using a toothpick being more helpful

Maybe you should wait a bit to see how your eyes settle? Any pics? Maybe it's not as bad as you think

Yes. I have showed pictures. Understand that it is dots and dashes. But it makes a difference where the parallel crease starts and ends which i didnt know i should have told him that. Thus, thinking would it be better and this miscom might not happened if he were to draw the dots in front of me before going in the sugery theatre.

I like the epi though, it done well. But i just couldnt understand why the crease is drawn downwards the ends of my eyelid making the crease to start at a higher height and descending. I will post my photos soon. Can i see a photo of your eyes if possible?

Lol wait didn't you already see my eyes on page 4?? Isn't this where you saw my original post? Lol

Did you tell the doctor or consultant you wanted a parallel crease? It sounds like you never told him and he never asked. I believe the consultant is supposed to ask you.. She asked me when I went and even drew it out to make sure we are on the same page, as I was very specific about what I wanted. For surgery it's better to be more specific.. Hopefully it turns out for the better for you :smile:

Definitely shop around! I didn't because I knew I wanted to see dr Chung but if you're not sure definitely go to consults because they're free and you can compare different recommendations

Oh yeah i just realised. Your eyes look great! Wished im lucky like you,

Yes it is parallel as i wanted, its the ending of the crease that is weird. I only showed pictures but did not draw anything to show. I shall wait another month to see the results.

I hope for the best as i have spent so long researching and so much money and turns out to be a disappointment.

Anyone wants to go get a consultation together on July 4th with me? I am going ITEM and JW.
next day I am going 5 different hospitals...Let me know! I will be in Korea for only two days for the consultation. My future surgery will be July 21st and stay in seoul for 9 days.:biggrin:

Hi guys! Pleased to see that there's a thread here about ITEM and also that there have been positive reviews for nose surgery. I'm intending to get alarplasty (nasal flare reduction) in July and will be sure to ask about Dr Kim!

Thanks! Don't worry, it will all work out, I'll send positive vibes your way!

Hey guys, about to book a consultation and operation date with ITEM clinic. For those who have gone there, may I know when's the best time to go when the doctor (Dr Kim specifically, since I'm going to do my nose) is free? Even though the procedure I'm going for is simple and quick, I'm uncomfortable with the idea of him being all over the place when it's busy. Do you think doing at 10am consultation would mean that he'll be more free? Thanks!

Thanks, swoon_ca! I am now 4 months post op and my nose swelling has gone down considerably. Looks very natural, like I was born with it. I am especially pleased with the tip of my nose. I asked for something very soft, but with a bit more definition. My new nose has completely changed my face-- it took some getting used to. I don't want to post anymore photos online, so if anyone wants to see my before and afters, send me your email through messaging and I'll email them to you!

They went up 60% from the price I had which was 1,320,000 krw for non-incisional. You should email them your pics and see what they recommend plus their price. Also look around if your budget is tight. Maybe they'll let you bargain if you're getting more than one procedure