BeautyHacker

Any opinions on ITEM CLINIC?

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey that looks amazing, and no bruising under your eyes, amazed at how well and fast you healed, glad it worked out for you! I'm set to do my rhinoplasty today I'll be updating in this thread. Any tips for your post surgery healing besides their after care instructions and walking around? Thanks for updating this thread, I feel comfortable with Item because I wanted to avoid the factory like ps clinics here and my quote was also 1500-2000 less than many of the others.

Oh, good luck to you! :smile:
Are you going with Item or another clinic? The only post-op advice I have is this: for the first 2 - 3 days of your recovery, your nose is going to be really big and swollen. You have to absolutely know that this is not your final result. I read this in forums too, but when it happened to me, I despaired a little because my nose looked bigger and I thought: What did I just do?! But give it a few more days and the swelling will go down and the shape will emerge. So, don't judge the results right after recovery. Other stuff like walking around for a few hours a day and sleeping upright does wonders for swelling. I also took bromelian and arnica every day. A month before surgery and right after surgery, I upped my Vit C intake (1000 mg). After a week, you will see results!

Had my Rhinoplasty surgery at ITEM clinic today, a lot easier than I thought! Basically once I got knocked out then next thing I know Im laying in bed upright in their resting room. After awhile I was ok to change and leave after talking to my consultant and getting instructions on what to do, getting the pain meds etc, they put everything in a bag and off I went. I'm back at my hotel now and no black eyes (at least not yet haha) and I feel surprisingly fine. I'll continue to update this thread after I get everything removed a week later. Dr. Kim did my surgery and he's great, his english is really good and he's a very calm, intelligent guy who seems to take his work seriously and is a perfectionalist. When I was talking to him about my nose I felt he really listened and gave his expert advice, made sure not to over promise and was very honest and realistic which is much appreciated. I didn't feel rushed during my consult the night before, plus they didn't give me any sort of hard sell pressure which I appreciated. Plus, unlike the factory clinics you don't have to worry about them switching surgeons on you lol. Anyhow so far I'm pleased with everything and as mentioned will update.

Bottom line, those of you that are considering a Rhinoplasty owe it to yourself to at least get a consult with ITEM clinic. It's in Gangnam next to all the other ones anyhow and they have english speaking consultants for those of you that don't speak Korean. So far so good!

Hey brklyngirlnyc, not sure if you still check this site but was wondering if you could answer my ?
I'm 3 days post op from my rhinoplaty but I feel no pain so not sure if you remember the 3 pack of pills they gave you as well as the separate yellow one? Im assuming the two colored cylindrical blue/baby blue is the antibiotic, the white cylindrical pill is the opiate pain reliever and the green is also a pain med. And the yellow small round one to be taken with dinner is for swelling? Its lunar new year so I cant call them and wanted to know if you remember, since I dont need to take the pain meds but need to take the antibiotics to prevent infection, if you remember and could respond I'd really appreciate it thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, just wondering if anyone went to item lately and could share their experience? I've emailed them and Dr. Kim was the one who's been responding to my questions which I felt added a personal touch. Not sure whether anyone's had facial contouring done by him? Any info would be greatly appreciated! :biggrin:

I read good things about ITEM clinic and first learned about them through a blogger named peggy heng, the results are amazing! So I went in for a consultation and the staff had an english and chinese translator, very professional. I took an x-ray and it was free.
Then I went in for the consultation. I first spoke with the financial coordinator, I told her exactly what I wanted and didn't want. I told her I wanted to shorten my chin length so I wanted to do v-line ost and I'm against two-jaw surgery. She looked at me and said that I needed it and kept asking me why I didn't wanted to get it done. I simply said, because I didn't want to do it. Again, she asked why. Then I replied, because of the healing time, the amount of money, and I didn't want to do something so invasive to my face. And finally she understood and was like Im only asking the reason because I have to tell the doctor.
The doctor comes in and asks me the same question lol. I told him the same answer and then when we were talking about the v-line surgery, it didn't seem like he was very skilled. Well, Im sure he is but he was not exactly what I was looking for. I did see some girls in the waiting room who has gotten fat grats and their nose done, and it looked like it came out nicely.

But in the end, I crossed them off my list. Here is my experience, hoped it help!

Thanks for your in depth response! I saw from another thread that you went to daprs and they're also on my list! Sounds like you're doing great post op :smile: Can you please share what kind of eyelid surgery you did? They've sent me a quote for non incision double eyelid and for ptosis correction with double eyelid...not sure what they meant though because I already have double eyelids...just want to make the crease higher and the lids less saggy looking? lol! Also, they've recommended me mandible reduction (v line) - is this the same procedure that you had? Sorry for all the questions...I hope you don't mind! >_<

I did the incision method because I had no crease whatsoever and I wanted to make sure the crease stayed. I asked for a parallel crease and to cut the outer corners of my eyes. I told the dr to leave the inners alone because I felt like my eyes are already too close to my face.

I think my surgery is a bit different than the mandible reduction because I didn't shave down my jaw bone. I had v-line osteotomy which is basically cutting the chin and putting it back together with screws. Not sure if you know what I mean but I think its a bit differrent

I know someone who already had natural double eyelids and went for a non incision method to make the crease higher, I personally think its looks great!

Just a follow up as I had rhinoplasty here a few weeks ago. I'm very happy with the results, Dr Kim is very skilled and my primary rhino wasn't a simple case (dorsal bump shaved down, nose had to be broken and straightened out, tiplasty due to droopy tip, deviated septem, silicone implant on bridge) that's 5 things that were done lol but it came out great, looks very natural and Dr. Kim did exactly what he said he would do. I can breathe much better now and love my new nose. It was really swollen so I had an extra follow up but I was really impressed with their facility and staff and of course the doctor overall.

Are you happy with your eyes now? I saw their before and afters and they all look SO good! How long did it take for your eyes to heal? I'm worried about the swelling and was hoping it wouldn't be too obvious when I get home. Oh, I think I know what you mean. I think they suggested just shaving/cutting the bones for me. You're so brave for undergoing such a complicated surgery! Thanks again for all your help and wish you a speedy recovery!

Glad to hear you're happy with the results! I felt quite comfortable having Dr. Kim answer my questions personally through email. They're definitely on my shortlist now. :smile:

Btw if anyone wants to speak with the english consultant I had I'll leave her info. I have her card as if I needed to communicate with her and the doctor post op she said I could contact her and so I dont think she'll mind if I leave her info here. Please don't call needlessly and bother her though since she's a very sweet person. She's punctual, professional, gorgeous and friendly. Her english is perfect with hardly any accent as she's lived in austrailia and she was really patient and allowed me to relax, she was with me from even before the initial consult to my surgery/aftercare. I had a pleasant experience in large part to her friendliness and overall communication with me, having someone explain everything in english and her being able to answer all my ?s and concerns was priceless and I'm so glad she was there otherwise I may not have even gone with ITEM (glad I did). She works for ITEM clinic so she'll be there when you start your consult etc, so unlike if you bring your own translator it won't jack up the price.

Raina Eunbi Jeong
82-10-8901-9656

Whatsapp 82-10-8867-8408

Again, please don't contact her needlessly and bother her, I left this here for anyone wanting to set up a consult and needing an english translator etc, she can set everything up for you from an airport pick up to helping you throughout the process. Tell her Chris gave you the info and says hi.

It's clear you're working for ITEM and also for a guest house... it's against the rules to advertise on this forum.

Uhm, no Im not working for item, geesh. read my other posts. The reason I posted the airbnb is because I STAYED THERE, read the review for that place on the airbnb site and the date, the review is from Chris *Im a guy

I understand its good to be skeptical but please do your homework and read all my posts if you're going to accuse me of something. I learned a great deal from this forum and am just trying to give back since it helped me to go and decide to do ps in the first place.