BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

I thought ptosis has huge widening effect. From the Teium website information before and after picture of magic epi, it doesn't seem to be that different. I thought the main purpose of epi is to loosen the Mongolian lid and thus creating a better formed double eyelid.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did magic epi. ptosis and DES with Teuim. About 1 mth post op now. Epi made a very big difference for me, alot of ppl ask me if i did my nose bridge (i did not) and commented my new eyes are very pretty, the gaze is very intense and i look thai now (i am singaporean) It was a dramatic change for me rather than a subtle enhancement.

I have got a friend who did only DES and ptosis. She looked like a enahanced version of herself rather than totally different from before.

I guess it really depends on your old eyes, my inner corner was quite round, couldnt see any tearduct at all before. So I guess that's why mine was such a dramatic change.

Hi, Would you mind sharing your recent pic of your eyes to us, please??

Hi,

I am traveling to korea on 12/23 - 01/3.
Aim for eye surgery to lateral and bigger eyes. Initially, i decided to go with Pitangui. But, after heard all the negativity, i decide not to go with them.

Here is my number of choices
1) Cinderella
2) Opera
3) Tietum (Safer route)

Have you heard of Cinderella? Please forgive me. After what i saw from the forum, i am still undecided which clinic to go by. Any tips of traveling abroad?
How can i research for Opera plastic surgery clinic. I can't seem to find any review about it on yahoo.com?

Hi! I've heard of Cinderella through my cousin who went there for a nose job. It was a successful surgery insofar as she's concerned - it looks very pretty like a Barbie nose and she hasn't had any complications after the procedure. But I personally thought it looked a little fake and even my oblivious male friends could tell right away that it wasn't natural. The other two clinics on your list are more famous for DES so I would recommend either over Cinderella.

I ended up having my surgery at Banobagi, but Opera was my second choice! They're quite famous in Korea, and I only saw locals in the waiting area. I noticed that Opera does all kinds of procedures, not only DES. I saw males walking in with elastic bands around their faces (double jaw surgery?) and girls with splints on their noses. The only issue is that they're not foreigner-friendly. I don't think they have an English-speaking consultant or in-house interpreter. The clinic is also hard to find - it's on a one-way side street behind a main road, near a cramped intersection with lots of other buildings. But the doctor is friendly and was very thorough during the consultation. I appreciated that he didn't add on unnecessary procedures just to make more money. Prices are also reasonable: 900 000 KRW for incision DES and epi together. I didn't need the epi so they lowered the price even more. But the consultant I dealt with was pushy - she could tell right away that I was visiting more clinics so she kept driving the price down, but warning me that I had to make a decision immediately. I posted links of two women who blogged their experiences at Opera earlier in this thread. The trend nowadays is moving away from the exaggerated doll-like eyes and towards a natural-looking fold. If you want to see more pictures, type in 오페라성형외과 눈 (Opera Plastic Surgery Eyes) or 오페라 쌍꺼풀 (Opera Double Eyelid Surgery) in Naver and click on any of the links that start with BLOG.

Tips for traveling abroad? Well, I visit Korea frequently so I'm pretty familiar with the city, but can you be a little more specific? What are your major concerns?

hi blueblood
you also mentioned REAL clinc, can you share more about this clinic please? I am also consider this clinic , but cant find much information about it . thanks:smile:

Hi! Real (pronounced "Ray-al") is considered a boutique clinic as it's popular and small. It's located on a major road (Sinsa-dong in Gangnam), near the Hyundai department store, so it's easy to find. The clinic takes up one floor of a relatively small building, and the consultants are very friendly. However, I'm not sure how fluently they can speak English or Mandarin - I only saw locals in the clinic.

Overall, I heard good things about Real but I quickly took it off my list for several reasons. Firstly, the consultation took literally 5 minutes - the doctor poked around at my eyelids, made his recommendations, and then dashed out of his seat. Of course, my cousin and I stopped him and demanded that he listen to our concerns - which he did - but I was shocked at how fast everything went. He spent more time complimenting my Korean than actually answering my questions! He had such a blase attitude, and kept mentioning that DES was considered a common procedure in Korea so I didn't need to worry about anything. I should make it clear that he wasn't rude perse, but rather overly confident, acting like he knew what was best for me. My Korean cousin also felt the same way towards the doctor at Real, so it wasn't simply a "cultural difference".

Secondly, I also had an issue with the price. I was quoted $1600 for incision DES, which I thought was much pricier than other clinics I had visited. I didn't even bother bargaining, since I knew at that point I wasn't going to have my surgery at Real.

Ultimately, I still think the doctors at Real are talented and highly skilled, judging from the results of many people who had work done there. And I suppose skill is most important when deciding upon a doctor. But for me, personally, I just didn't feel comfortable at Real, and was aware that I had plenty of better options available (fyi there are over 500 clinics in Gangnam alone lol). I hope this helps! Good luck :smile:

Hi hi blue blood

Just wondering how long did you stay in Korea before going back home. I heard that major swelling is still visible after two weeks.. I'm planning to stay in Korea and do incision surgery before traveling to hk to see family but I don't want them too notice I had double eyelid surgery lol. Otherwise it will be major gossip for them.

William

Hi blueblood,

Thanks for the information sharing.

I have to say GIRLS we all have a lot of guts to travel to Korea alone for the very 1st time.
Especially, in a foreign country to perform this type of surgery.

Anyway, I am considering "Opera" But my concern if I should get a translator due to they don't have in house translator. Can you please ask your cousin if they ever heard of Pitangui. I was considering this place before but it seems like some people had bad reviews about Dr. Yoo. Him being lack of paying attention to what client needs. Another word "over confident".

Knowing you travel to Korea a lot and know your place around the city. Can you please advise the following? :smile:

1) What's the taxi rate from airport to city?
2) Do you know any wi-fi rental for cellphone to order online? Unfortunately, my Iphone is not unlock
3) Where did you exchange your money? Any bank? I assume they offer better currency rate than airport.
4) Places to shop in the city? I want to spend 1 day shopping.

How much did you pay for Banogi for eyes?
I understand "Opera" is quite popular among locals. But, do they offer airport pick up?

Please see above, i never been to korea if you do more research in this forum you can find all the question you are looking for :smile:

hi:smile:
1) I didn't take taxi from airport to city previously. But I took express bus. it depends on where you are staying. Some take subway. I was told taxi from airport to city is rather expensive so most people take express bus or subway.

2) I bought myself a prepaid data sim card from EG. If you need rental, maybe you can try KT. They provide rental router too.

3) I changed my currency exchange in my home country. For other location, Im not sure. However, in sinsa area, they have a currency exchange around exit 5. my friend changed hers over there. We randomly just approached a local and he brought us there. I suppose you can do so too :smile:

4) Gangnam place - for skincare products - me and both of my friends which I know in purse forum. we shop around gangnam for skin care products and walk in for consult. kill 2 birds with one stone.

Personally, I prefer shopping for ladies apparels at ewha womans uni. Staying at Hongdae, I only find this area is good for chilling or drinking, nothing much.

Actually, gangnam subway station has some shopping too. Oh ya! and for groceries, you may go Seoul Station. They got a large supermarket over there which can get a tax refund. However, both hongdae and Seoul station are quite far away from those plastic surgery clinics located.

As for clinic wise, I did mine at BK which most forumers think is bad and expensive. so not going to elaborate more.
I heard about opera too but didn't visit them when I last visit seoul. Maybe will try for the next visit.

These are all the experience when I first explored Seoul. Hope it helps:smile:

Hi! My cousins are aware of Pitangui as it's one of the oldest plastic surgery clinics in Korea. However, they don't have a great reputation amongst locals. My cousins don't recommend it at all.

I paid 1 200 000 KRW for non-incision DES called "double embedding" at Banobagi. The doctor recommended this procedure as I wanted a quick recovery and natural-looking eyelids. The surgery only took 20 minutes! It's technically non-incision, but he explained to me that the hold is much more permanent than the standard non-incision technique.

I'm not sure if Opera provides airport pickup. They don't seem that foreigner-friendly but I'm sure it's negotiable if you're paying for multiple procedures! If you can speak Mandarin, you will definitely have an easier time communicating with their consultant.

With regards to your other questions, the other ladies provided really helpful information! It's definitely the cheapest to take a bus from the airport to Gangnam. If you want the best exchange rate, you'll have to venture to Nandaemun Market, where you'll find old ajummas sitting on wads of cash who offer the best rates by far. They keep thousands of dollars in various currencies (dollars, yuan, yen, etc.) so you can exchange as much or as little as you want. However, I would caution you against travelling with too much cash as pickpockets are a common problem in Korea. If you want a safer option, most ATMs from major Korean banks (Hana, Uri, KEB) will accept foreign debit cards. Make sure to look for the "global" symbol before you insert your card.

For shopping, I would recommend Dongdaemun Night Market in Gangbuk! More specifically, a multi-story building called "Doota" (short for Doosan Tower). You'll find the latest trends, and the quality of products being sold there is amazing considering the price. It is always PACKED with Chinese tourists, so most merchants can speak passable English and Mandarin. Don't bother bargaining as strict rules have been enforced in recent years to discourage that practice. Rather, ask for "service", which is essentially free stuff like an extra keychain, etc. The only downsides are that you can't try on the clothes beforehand, and if you're a size 6US or higher, it may be difficult to find clothes that fit. Luckily, the current trend is baggy and loose so I was able to find shirts that fit me, but I gave up on pants :sad: go there at night, because that's when it really lights up.

If you're interested in buying Korean name brands or skincare/makeup, don't bother shopping at Myeongdong. Myeongdong is fun to walk around in, but it's a tourist trap and many vendors will blatantly raise prices for tourists. Instead, wake up early and head to the Lotte Duty Free in Jamsil, next to Lotte World, by 10ish. Take the subway, line 2, and get off at Jamsil. If you go there later in the day, you will suffocate from all the other tourists - I'm not exaggerating, I nearly had a mental breakdown. The prices are the best and you can buy in bulk. The great thing about duty free in Korea is that they let you take home your purchases immediately IF IT'S A KOREAN BRAND. They have everything from Amore Pacific and Sulhwasoo, which are more high end, to cheaper brands like Nature Republic and Etude House - all of which you can take with you on site. Remember to bring your plane ticket and passport!

If you're into high end clothing, visit Garosugil, SSG, and the Galleria Department Store. Personally, I wouldn't buy international designer labels in Korea as it's much more expensive than back home, but these places are fun for people-watching. Generally speaking, everyone looks very beautiful and if you're lucky you might even spot a celebrity. The underground food court at Galleria is to die for! My mum is a professional chef, and we both enjoyed the Korean food there.

Other than shopping, I really, REALLY recommend that you visit Samcheongdong and Gahoedong in Gangbuk. You can see both together as the two districts are located next to each other. My family used to live in Gahoedong, which is the traditional village with all the old homes. Our old house, 177-4 Gahoedong, Jongno-gu, was turned into a book cafe after it was sold. The area has has gotten busier in recent years, but it's still nice to have a walk around. Samcheongdong also has nice shopping areas for jewelry and cute souvenirs.

For cheap shopping, definitely head over to Idae, which is the shopping area near Ehwa Women's University. The prices are so cheap, and the options are endless. Hongdae is also fun, but I wouldn't recommend going there alone at night as it can get a bit crazy.

Good luck :smile:

• Like 1

Hello! The amount of swelling really depends on genetics, how well you take care of yourself after the surgery, and the surgeon's skill. If it's incision DES, your eyes will look swollen and/or bruised even after two weeks, and will not quite look natural. I mean, you will be able to perform all your daily functions without issue, but I think that most people will be able to detect that you underwent DES, especially if they're Asian. Non-incision DES is a totally different story - your eyes will look natural after one week. The swelling also varies depending on the height of the fold: higher the fold --> more swelling. If you get epi, that will also increase swelling. I would estimate that 3-4 weeks is a safe bet :smile: