BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

Oh wow! the swelling is coming down very nicely! I'm sorry, where did you say you went? My trip to Korea is coming up in a few weeks, and now i'm getting all nervous and excited... D:

Currently, I wear a good amount of eyeliner everyday. After my surgery, I was hoping to stop wearing eye makeup altogether and just go for a lip look after my surgery--to help explain away why my appearance changed so much over a two week vacay. Looking at your photos... I'm guessing that won't be possible, huh?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!!! Yeah it's still swollen but a lotttt better. I actually haven't really been wearing makeup still just foundation and lips too. But I do wear glasses to hide the eyes. People who know oyu will defintiely know you got something done lol so thats why I did glasses. The moment I took off my reading glasses my guy friend was like OMG you got your eyes done huh?!

If you don't want people to know you can also start wearing MORE makeup now lol like lashes so when you come back and wear lashes for a month or two they won't really question it as much. I think it's going to be so hard anyways esp. if you do incision. Downtime is just longer

Even now I dont even feel like myself so I'm trying to be patient.

I went to Opera - you can read about my consults here: http://koreaplasticsurgery.wordpress.com/consultation-reviews/

Oh man... I tried doing double eyelid tape for a while, but it gives me a headache :sad:
I'm currently wearing glasses now, and am planning to take it off after surgery (I'm also doing nose and apparently won't be able to wear glasses for a few months after my surgery). It makes sense that my eyes look bigger with glasses right?

I'm also planning to get bangs. Hopefully, with long bangs that are nearly poking my eyes it'll be harder to see my eyes and how they've changed. D:

With everyone else I don't care if they know, but one of my closest friends is very strongly opposed to ps. And she's pretty judgmental about it. Ugh. WHYYYYYYYYY
But since she's white, hopefully she won't be able to tell :biggrin:

Haha oh no..... white people just don't understand! :sad:

Glasses kind of hide it because the frames cover the face :smile: at least this is how it is for me. I think you'll be fine, but with eye surgery you can't wear contacts for 2 weeks (not sure how blind you are) and how that coincides with your nose recovery and ability to wear glasses.

Good luck!

GWAH. that sucks.
And wow. You did an incredible job organizing your consultation review. Did you also write a review of your actual surgeries? for some reason if I just go to http://koreaplasticsurgery.wordpress.com i get nothing :/

There will be nothing cause it's home page.

Did you check on the left hand side? I put some navigational stuff.

I saw your recovery photo. It's still swelling but it looks good. Did you ask for tapered, in-out line?

I know you did epi, but it seems to me your 1 month post op picture still shows a bit Mongolian lid... May they only did a tiny cut?

Your eyes are looking great post surgery and healing very fast. I actually like the width of your lids because it seems a lot of people end up with very little height between the creases and it ends up getting hidden when they open their eyes, but maybe that's just my preference. Since its only one month it will definitely continue to de-swell for the next few months so don't worry too much :smile:

Hey!
I asked them for a smalllll epi cut. to me I feel like it's more than I want, but hard to tell when it heals.

I asked for tapered (not parallel)

Hey! I see that you are doing your nose as well. I'm going to do the bridge silicon and ear cartilage for the tip. Are you going to do that too? Also could you please share which clinic and which dr in that clinic you are going to do the nose surgery?

Thanks in advance!

I don't want to get a silicone implant. Also, my nose job will be a revision, so I think my needs would be different from yours...

When are you planning to go?

I'm totally down with you. I think a smaller cut epi and tapered lids look much more natural than parallel with deep epi. If I hadn't seen your before pics, I would never have guessed you did surgery, just that you had natural double eyelids :smile: