BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

Omg don't touch your eyes! They are stunning :smile:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard of Mixed reviews about Teuim, but I know people who had successful DEL surgery by Dr.Kwon, they said he's good.

If you're going through agent, it's not possible paying such amount. I know 3 girls who went through Docfinder had Non-incisional+EPI for 7 million KRW at Banobagi. One of them wanted to go Dream for nose job initially, but Docfinderkorea told her that if she choose a clinic that is not in his recommended list, he won't provide his service anymore, which means he won't help her any further since she's no longer his customer. If she's going to the clinics he recommended BUT also going to Dream, docfinderkorea will only take her to the recommended clinics but she'll have to go Dream by herself. If she ended up choosing Dream, he won't continue his service any longer, he'll probably leave her alone in Korea. So she had got no choice but to choose between Banobagi and Regen, she choose Banobagi eventually but the result turns out dissatisfying.

I'm not sure if the rules are still the same, since it happened last year.

SAME goes to me.
Bad experience with Shin.
Was so looking forward to get liposuction for my arms/stomach/thighs. Ended up with botched job for all areas. Been almost a year.. still swelling? No way.. I had spent almost 10k doing lipo massage and rf session. Promised me rainbows and sunshine but the results was so devastating.

& he showed me his other clients before and after photos through WhatsApp chat. I thought he should protect the privacy of all his clients?

When we headed out for lunch/dinner..
He expected me and my mum to pay for food. Every single times. He will just sit there and act dumb.

& I almost missed my flight because he was 1 1/2hr late to drive me over to the airport. When I'm at the airport..I was trying to squeeze all my pumpkin juice into my luggage & he just took a pack and drank it like nobody business. I'm okay to share but hey.. he should have the manners to ask for it.

Now, I do my own research & guess what.. it's so much better and affordable going there by myself then with an agent. Had my eyes done 3mths ago. Flying there alone. Easy breeze~

& I'm so thankful to know my landlord.. she's such an angel. Visiting clinics with me for consultations. Bargain discount for me. & even drove me over to the clinic for my surgery.. fetched me back to the apartment.. & also for my removal of stiches/check up etc. Visited me to see how well I'm recovering.

I know this thead is for eyelid surgery..but I do not wish anyone of you to go through this and spend millions and millions of dollars paying for revision.. like me.

So guys, please do lots of research and get as many informations as possible before flying to a foreign country for surgeries. It's very important.

We experienced the SAME things!

I consulted Dr.Kim from Banobagi for eyelid revision before Dr.Lee, since Dr.Lee was in the operation and he was off the next day (NO ONE informed me that my surgeon will be on off day despite me already paying a deposit, I even booked date and time for my surgeries many months in advanced.. Docfinderkorea didn't inform me.) Initially I never expect to consult Dr.Kim since I never heard about him at all! Then again Shin goes like "Dr.Kim is very good, I have clients who had eyes done by him, younger doctors are better because they are ambitious and confident, you can trust me I know who's the best bla bla bla.." So I decided to give it a try since I have time anyway. The moment Dr.Kim spoke.. OMG strong cigarette smell came coming from his mouth and hands! He can speak English, he talked very fast, very arrogant, rather impatient... The consultation was very brief too, he didn't really have a close look at my eyes either, he just recommended epi+lateral canthoplasty+eyelid revision+fat injection+ptosis. I heard him let out a big sigh before I left the room. This doctor, this attitude is what Docfinderkorea claimed as "good doctor".

I only had lunch with Shin once, I paid for it since he had no gesture of offering to share the bill with me, I'm fine with it though. But, he left me alone in the restaurant nearby Banobagi and went busy with his things half way through the meal. He left me alone, during my first day first visit in Korea and asked me wait for him in the clinic an hour later -.- He was with me during my consultation with Dr.Oh but went busy with his things AGAIN aftermath, I see him only after my eyelid surgery at night. Speak of services... Zzz

And also, he showed me a full face photo of his client who just had eye surgeries done. Then I was like "you sure it's ok to saw me?!"

So for my next eyelid revision, either I'm going alone or with someone I trust. Not him anymore.. What for spending 3-4 times more for such unpleasant experience?

Yeah, I agree. My Korean friends advised not to go through Doc Finder as well. They said it's not even necessary at all which I agree because they won't help you save any more money than if you were to arrange everything yourself. A lot of clinics now have English translators or the surgeons speak decent English. Dr. Kwon for sure speaks pretty decent English from what everyone has said. Save time, money, and headaches to avoid having to rely on someone else who may not even be as reliable as you think. However, if anyone prefers to go through Doc Finder because they feel it's easier and more convenient for them, then by all means... nothing is wrong with that either. It's just not for everyone. But good luck to everyone no matter what you decide to do.

So here I am, back at it again. Lol I'm about 7mnths post op rhino and looking to do eyes next. Maybe I'm asking this question in the wrong thread but while I'm at it...those who had rhino then eyes, how much in between time did you give yourself?

Eyes...I've been looking at doctors for some time, narrowing down doctors in Korea. But I have yet found anyone who would give me the results I want. Their approach is really minor, something that I sort of already have. I have small double lids, tapered inner coners, but I have a bit of excess upper skin.

Looked for surgeons within the states and came across Dr. David Thao in MN. Every surgeon has a style and his after results are exactly what I'm looking for. I'm still looking into reviews but if anyone has experienced him, finds something please share or even want to consult with him. Count me in.

I had incisional DES done at Unique this past april so it's almost hitting the 5 month mark. Although I am satisfied with the outcome of my eyes, there's just one thing that bugs me: my eyes are still uneven. Even though my eyelids themselves are even, the ptosis on my right eye is alot weaker than the ptosis on the left eyes: hence one eye always look sleepy while the other one is wide open. I do plan on going back for revisions, but im actually not sure if I should go back to the same doctor or not. Back in April, i got in touch with Unique through Kakao before making the trip to Seoul but I lost their contact on my Kakao. If anyone has Unique's kakao, or one of the consultants kakao that works at Unique, would you be so kind to provide me with it? Thank you in advance!

At 5 months it definitely still could be some stubborn residual swelling that is causing the unevenness.. I wouldn't rush back for a revision too quickly if I were you. Leave it til the year-mark and then make a call.

Kakao ID: orangor (Chinese), uniqueps (korean)

Can I know how much you paid for your procedure and did you do epi? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I don't think you need surgery at all.

I am planning to get Double Eye Lid Surgery, most of clinic I emailed suggested Incisional double eyelid surgery with Ptosis correction plus Epi (Some even suggested Lateral canthoplasty).

I remembered seeing a post on here that listed the best(Decadiated) DES doctors in each Clinic, but I can't find it again. WOuld someone help me?

I am planning having a on the following
View
TL PS
Girin
JK
Cinderillia
ReGen

Thanks

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::CONGRATULATE US!!!!! MY MOTHER HAS MADE SURGERY RECENTLY!!!! SHE IS SO HAPPY!!!!!! I AM HAPPY MORE!!!

THANKS OKSANA!!!! :ty:She helped to find a good surgeon for her!
To find a good surgeon it is like to "find a black cat at night"- for one this surgeon is good, for another- not.
I have found a lady, who made all job instead on me-she met my mother at the airport, arranged the appointments, booked hotel, helped to buy sim- card, showed where she could eat, transport, shops, informed me about her conditions and so on. She is a high level independent translator who often works as a translator at medical conferences and educational lectures, master classes for cosmetology and plastic doctors. So she knows all plastic clinics and surgeons, as well as, who is the most professional and skilled in eyes, in contours of the face, nose, cheeks, breast and more.
I was amazed with video that she had sent to me to show the result of job of one surgeon (he participated in TV show about incredible changes of people with problems), who is good in V-face.
I sent my and my mother pictures to her and she recommended us (according the problem) the best 2 surgeons who could correct exactly our problems. So, she sent to me opinion of surgeons what they recommended for our eyes.
My mother had very beautiful eyes, but she wanted to fix the wrinkles and it was nightmare- the surgeon made her eyes smaller. She had 4 surgeries and every time her eyes became smaller and smaller. South Korea was the last chance.
I have looked for information about the best surgeon in different sites and found this site, which is incredible useful. Thank you, all of you, for sharing information
Now I would like to help you. I will write more about Oksana and how she works because I would like you to be happy and relaxed too.
I understood that you can find good clinic but everyone has own problem. The most important to find not only a good clinic, but a good certified surgeon, who can cope with YOUR problem and make your expectation into reality.
I have just finished to talk with my mother. She is still in Seoul – she decided to fix problem with her skin.)))
I promised to myself, if Oksana’s surgeons would fix my mother’s problem, I would recommend to you and my friends too. So, today I am giving only her address- [email protected]. Most of all, I asked Oksana to show my mother to Teuim, JW (because I had read good opinion about them at this forum), but Doctors refused to make a surgery.
Later I will write more. It’s midnight.
By the way, if it will be fine with my job, I would like to fly to Seoul next year. May be I can join with you.)

I have tried asking docfinder and the quote given to me was sky high . I was also expecting the names of the clinic to be shown on the email together with the quote but they only named the clinics as clinic A,B,c etc.

I don't really recommend going through docfinder