BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

When I went for a consult at Cinderella this past week, I was the only person there. Also I didnt see anyone getting surgery done. So they aren't as busy as the other clinics. Thats why you dont see any reviews. The busy clinics are the ones that have reviews.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A clinic that is always too busy is not a good thing either. I will consult with them in August. How did your consultation go?

I don't think you can make that call having been there once.

It wasn't busy when you were there. That's different from saying "it's not busy. Period"

If you went at different times you could make that call, but not once.

That's why that is a really inaccurate way to measure "how good" a clinic is.

There are plenty of reasons why it might not be busy right now, MERS being the big one that comes to mind. Most Koreans I know are staying away from hospitals and clinics (especially) in droves.

Going to have to agree with you, I think MERS is a contributing factor to lower volumes in clinics.

To be honest, the news has been spreading the news about it but when I talk to locals in Korea they say it's actually not that bad. Could just be a media thing that's affecting people from going to Korea. I'm supposed to go in Sept and I think I'm still firm on it unless anything else changes in August.

Question though, has anyone been able to access any reviews from Cinderella/JW or other clincs that specialize in eyelid surgery? The cindyclinic link doesn't load for me however I'm able to access their website for other regions.

Yeah MERS is not really a huge thing here anymore. It was for the first couple of weeks and we were all wearing masks but the hype has died down and everyone is being a bit more realistic.

Tourists however are avoiding like the plague.

It's good in a way! The shops are having super sales, the streets and subway aren't as crowded. Can even get a seat some mornings!!

Actually maybe I should say "MERS is awful, we are all dying. Come back next year" haha

Hi everyone,

As promised I have done all my consults and compiled my reviews of each of them. I had 4 clinics on my short list and I ended up visiting a total of 7 clinics before narrowing down my list to 2. Surprisingly none of my original 4 made my top 2 and it was also easy to strike them off based on the consults I had.
Clinics I visited: Dream, ASPS, JW, Jaedon, CheongdamU,VIP, MVP
Clinics I visited for consults after my op with a friend: Teuim, JJ, JK (Teuim post review to be added).
http://beccahoo.wix.com/deskorea#!review1/c1faw

So I ended up doing surgery with MVP for both DES revision, epi, and complete rhinoplasty (bridge, tip, alar reduction). I have to say my results are great and I am waiting to get back to my home country so I can properly upload photos using my computer. I also got my eyebrows done at MVP using their call in eyebrow lady lol..
Just a quick heads up that I might decide to use blogger to host my content rather than wix as suggested by a friend so if the link above doesn't work anymore, just PM me.

My link to my blog above also states my experiences pre-op, during op, and up to 10 days post op!

If you find my website helpful, please let me know either by post or PM.

Thanks so much for sharing Smitten_Kitten!
It will definitely prove as an invaluable resource. Also thought your supplementary information regarding "Other things" is helpful too when planning the trip to Korea.

Hello everyone,

I've been combing through these forums for the last couple of months and have learned a lot - thanks for sharing your experiences here. I'm planning to go to Seoul in September to get my eyes done.

I know swelling and bruising is a big issue while healing from surgery. I work as an acupuncturist and there is a herbal anti-inflammatory formula I was planning to use after the surgery to reduce the healing time: it's called Trauma 1 by a company called Golden Flower. Here in Toronto I order it from Vancouver, and prescribe it for patients who get into bike accidents, for post-surgery pain, etc. It contains extracts of Chinese Medical herbs that cool blood and invigorate blood circulation to move stasis and promote healing.

Well, a couple days ago I actually got into a minor bike accident where on my face I was left with scrates and a big bruise on my upper lip. I decided to try the formula right away as I could not take time off work, and didn't want to look like a zombie! Well, the swelling and bruising on my lip disappeared in two days! My roomate and I were pleasantly surprised (also because I was drinking a bit of red wine after the accident - not the best idea when you have swelling and inflammation....) Unforunately, I cannot upload a pic as I'm a newbie on this forum, but I am for sure going to use this formula for post-surgery care, and would recommend that you check it out for yourself also.

Please note that this formula is contraindicated if you're pregnant, taking anti-coagulents, or if you are already taking a lot of conventional medications, have heart issues, etc. Best to consult your doctor or herbalist. I was also thinking that Seoul is full of traditional korean herablists, and getting the right forumla from them - I have no idea how much they would charge - could also significantly reduce the healing time, esp if you're getting multiple surgeries done.

I will post my post-surgery pics and healing in September! Wish you all the best with your procedures :smile:

Hello smitten kitten. Can u add me in kakao group chat again as I have just changed my phone and I lost the previous chats

thanks beef! you encourage me to make a better compilation of it. when i am done i'll pm you the new link :biggrin: i will add some before and after photos too!

Hi everyone I am planning to go to Seoul next week (~15-19 July 2015) for DES, ptosis correction and epicanthoplasty. It will be my first trip to Korea and I have not booked flights or accommodation yet. I am going to consult at Teuim - Dr Kwon for sure and probably a few others.

Can someone in the July kakao chatgroup add me there? My ID is salad126

I'd like to know as well as I was considering JW too.
I do know that Singaporean bloggers Agri, Agnes and Reiee Kok got their surgeries done there. There's videos of them getting it done but ofc it was posted by JW as kind of a marketing thing.. Which makes me a bit uneasy. Whenever there's international marketing like that I feel a bit uneasy. That being said I haven't really read found other reviews of people having it done by Dr Hong Lim Choi from JW