BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

I'm going for incisional, tapered 6mm with skin removal.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The doctor will measure with your eyes closed. This measurement will differ from the visible portion when the eyes are open.

I also "had" them as one of my top picks for consultation but they're quite expensive as I only need minimal work done on my eyes and they quoted me 3,000,000 - 3,500,000 Korean Won right off the bat. I already have natural double eyelids (crease space) so you would think less work for the doctor but no... they think because I'm a foreigner they can give me a higher quote. A couple other clinics gave me ridiculous quotes ranging in the mid 4,500,000 range just for Epi and Lateral. Well at that price, they'd better assume I'll be bargaining down to 2,000,000 - 2,400,000 which was a quote I got from a less known clinic but well known amongst locals (referred to me by my native friend). That's the problem with these clinics with high traffic from advertisements.

I will have to revise my list and will most likely seek somewhere else as there are hundreds of other clinics to choose from. I will also have help as well for translation and negotiation but I know they will still try to stick me with foreigner prices. So we shall see. Cinderella is also expensive based off their initial quotes... assuming they always quote very high with the notion that the potential patient will try to bargain down. They also tried to quote me "per eye". Like, are they serious? That's absurd. Top percentage of people getting eye enhancement surgery never just get one eye done. People usually have BOTH eyes done so I feel that clinics should price out their stuff accordingly and fairly with it in mind that the patient will be having both eyes worked on. On the rare occasion, someone only needs work done on just one eye, they can work out the price accordingly. This is the problem with a lot of the PS clinics in South Korea. I hate that they take advantage of foreigners just because they can.

All those clinics asked for all my personal details before quoting me. It's obvious they do this to determine how much to charge you and not just charge you for the actual procedure itself. Why don't they just flat out be honest about it. It's not morally and ethically right. They don't consider the hundreds and thousands of patients that have to pay for their air fare both ways. And let's say, the patients go home and aren't happy or they received a botched job? They have to pay AGAIN to fly back for revision and then fly back home again.

I've heard of many other instances where there would be people making several trips back and forth for revisions, either with the same doctor or different doctor and have to pay an even higher price for revision. It's already getting quote costly, not to mention the hotel/room and board, transportation, translator, and other misc travel expenses. The more I'm researching and personally speaking to friends, family, co-workers, friends of friends, and people from here as well as other forum sites... I'm becoming less confident and more worrisome.

So I guess if it doesn't work out for me, I can at least still enjoy the trip as a mini vacation since I've always wanted to visit Korea anyway. Sorry for ranting. I just had to let out that frustration and just wondering if anyone else feels the same way... or is it just me?

^ Hey, I just sent you a PM, didn't want to spam the thread :smile:

I have a question about sneezing after having the incisional method. Apparently sneezing in the first 2 days can cause pretty serious bleeding. I have allergic rhinitis and sneeze at least 8 times every day, even if I take allergy medication. Will this be a problem? How can I avoid sneezing for the first couple of days? Face mask or air purifier to prevent allergens from entering my nose?

Hi TouchaCat! I'm sorry to hear about your condition. I honestly think this is something you should be asking a medical profession, your physician... due to the fact that it *is* a very serious situation. It's not something you should take a chance at because it could potentially lead to other serious problems that could be life threatening.. you just never know.

It's not a serious condition, it's just the medical name for hayfever! Don't think it's life-threatening... I will definitely ask my surgeon about the sneezing though - he already knows I have hayfever but he didn't raise any concerns about it, he only said if my eyes are swollen on the day we'll have to postpone the surgery because he won't be able to measure accurately.

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie here and I need you guys advice!
My name is Linh and I'm from Vietnam but currently living and studying in Canada
Next year, I'll be 18 and I've decided to do rhinoplasty and maybe fix my eyes a little. I've been thinking about doing those procedures for over a year now and finally set my mind since I'll be 18 on March 2016.

I've been doing a lot of research by reading this and several other threads and here is what I have:
GOOD CLINICS TO GO TO:
- JW (Dr.Suh for nose)
- Banobagi: (Dr Lee Hyeon Taek for nose) & (Dr Park Seon Jae for eyes)
- Item: (Dr Kim Jin Sung for nose) & (Dr Chung Woo Jin for eyes)
- Teium: ( Dr Kwon)

OTHERS OPTIONS TO CONSIDER:
- Darps
- Opera
- Wannabee
- Dr Ahn Jae Joo

BAD CLINICS TO AVOID:
- ID
- Grand
- Wonji
- Bk
- Jelwery
- Aone
- Cinderella

So far that's what I have. I will continue doing research to make sure since I won't be going to Korea until spring 2016.
Also I'm thinking of contacting Docfinderkorea too!

So what do you guys think? I really need advice since this is my 1st time. It would be really great if we all can share our opinions
Thank you so much :smile:

Hi, may I ask why you have Cinderella on the list to avoid? I'm just curious as they are one of the clinics I will be consulting with. Thanks.

Hi gals, just got my eyes down at DA last week and one side of my eyes the white part got swollen and red. Has this happen to anyone else? The doctor gave me some eye drops and said it should go away in two weeks or so. In the meantime my left eye is no longer red but yellow and still swollen looks almost like jelly too! Any advice is much appreciated.

Heyyy
Well I've several posts saying that the doctors at Cinderella often rush you since they have lots of patients and are quite busy. Also some of the results don't look natural!

BUT I think it's the best for you consult face to face cause this is just others' opinions. If you feel comfortable & have a good impression about the surgeons then just go with ^^

I, too, am quite curious about Cinderella as well. Although I haven't been able to find any reviews or their Korean site (KR sites usually have more to look at).

Were you able to find any other reviews or their KR site?

Their korean site is:

http://cindyclinic.com/m/