BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

I agree you shouldn't cheap out and pick a place for surgery purely based on price alone, however even based on the clinics you have named, that quote is crazy high.

For example, this is an ad for Banobagi offering their "rapid healing nose surgery" for 2.15 million won.

Based on that plus 1.5 million for DES how do you end up at the 10 million won you've been quoted, even give or take a few million won for translating services, cars from the airport etc

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had facial contour+eyelid revision 5 months plus ago through Docfinderkorea. I was initially quoted 17 million won for facial contour and 5.5 million won for eyelid revision through email, but I ended up paying almost 29 million won!! Shin claimed that their services are "free" but actually his commission is totally a ripped off!! And he wasn't there even I made payment, he wasn't there when I had my surgeries. Now that my eyelid revision was a botched job, he promised he'll find clinics for me but he didn't. I've never heard from him since then

My eyelid revision with Dr.Lee from Banobagi turns out terrible! He had a botched job on me, now that Docfinderkorea didn't do anything to help me, my previous english coordinator from clinic is no longer working there, I don't know who I can turn for help now

From what I know, Docfinderkorea recommended the same clinics to all his clients no matter what surgeries they are doing. Later then I realized no clinic is good at every god damn thing! Every clinics are specialized in certain surgeries. He recommended Dr.Lee from Banobagi as "the best surgeon", "if he can't do it, no one else can"... But the result turns out horrible! My experience with Dr.Lee was terrible too. He's totally unprofessional, the consultation with him very was brief, he didn't explain what and how he's gonna do, I didn't even get to see him before my surgery, he didn't design or do any marking on eyelids, I only opened my eyes ONCE during surgery. So this is the so called "best surgeon" Docfinderkorea recommended. I guess he recommended Banobagj simply because the clinic offer him higher commission instead of basing on my case. Also I know other girls who choose Banobagi due to his recommendation, ended up paying 3-4 times more than the original prices, and the results turn out dissatisfying. Regarding Docfinderkorea's services... I'm not happy with it. He's always busy, he wasn't there during my consultation with Dr.Lee, he wasn't there when I made payment, he wasn't there when I had my surgeries. I would say 90% of the time was Banobagi staffs taking care of me, he checked on me once every 2-3 days. He claimed that their services are "FOC", he said he'll be there during my surgeries to make sure the clinics won't switch doctors, he promised he'll help to bargain the prices to the lowest..... NO, HE DIDN'T. And now that I had a botched job, when I asked him to help me check something from clinic, HE NEVER GETS BACK. He said he'll help me find other clinics for revision, he promised twice to me. BUT NO, I'VE NEVER HEARD FROM HIM SINCE THEN. He was very efficient and attentive before my surgeries, but now that I'm facing problems, he don't even care about me, it's like no longer his business despite me paying such ridiculous amount of 29 million won

Amount of 29 million won is crazily higher than what was quoted. Do you bargain with Banobagi when they quote u 29m or in between they have request you to add on service in result add on cost as well ? Now... I think I really should not go on with DocFinderKorea, totally lost faith. The best way for you will be go back and walk in for consultation again instead of waiting for him. I do agree he is really efficient in replying email currently, which is BEFORE surgery and is really convincing from the email. There is no free lunch, how could the service is free...

These are the details of the quote I got for Banobagi alone from DocFinderKorea
Incision double eyelid with ptosis correction : 3.85~4.73 mil KRW
(Lateral canthoplasty + Vertical canthoplasty : 2.2 million KRW)
Rhinoplasty + tip extension : 5.5~6.05 mil KRW

Could the advertisement only for local ? Got to know foreigners will be charged higher even they walk in themselves. The bad thing I doesn't understand Korean language :sad:

Shin wasn't even there when I made payment. The English coordinator told me that it was initially 32 million won, she already gave me discount, so I just agreed. I know that agent need commission and I never expect his services to be free, but I believe the amount of his commission is totally a ripped off! He shouldn't mislead his clients saying that his services are "FREE", and he'll help bargain the prices to the lowest. No, he didn't. From what I heard from the people who went through his services, he didn't bargain for them either, in fact they have to bargain themselves, he just sat there not saying anything, then when they asked him, he was like "it's the best prices already, just agree with it". The final amounts are way higher than what he quoted in the email too.

On top of that, i feel that he's irresponsible. He over-promised and ended up not doing what he promised

Luckily seeing your post about them else I will the next victim being over-charged. Those blog are too deceiving about their services. The bad thing I've hand over my details to him, wonder if I walk in they will have the record what was quoted to me ?

The ads are for anyone who sees them.

Of course if you are using translation services and airport pickup etc then the price may be a little higher than the ads. But not millions of won higher! That's just not a true reflection of what it costs the clinic to provide those services.

Slash - if it comes down to it - make your own way to your hotel! Even in a cab, a taxi from Incheon Airport to most places in the city is about 60,000 - 70,000 won. If you take one the many Airport buses that travel to all corners of seoul, you're looking at about 16,000 - 20,000 won.

You should not be paying 2 -3 times more just because you can't speak korean. Not all clinics overcharge like this. Avoid any that do or any middle man trying to convince you this is reasonable.

Wow thank you so much for sharing your experience! I've been hearing only good things about docfinderkorea from several bloggers and now i'll definitely have to reconsider using their services..

I'm not sure about it, I hope not. You can contact the coordinator of the clinics you're planning to go, you don't really need a middle man to help you arrange everything, almost all of the clinics have their own translator

I think I read that Miyake and her friend blogged about their experience with Docfinderkorea - but then, they didn't have to pay for it so...

The bloggers only write good things about Docfinderkorea and Banobagi because they're advertising for them. I'm just a normal person, I don't gain any advantage writing reviews, I just want to warn people out there not to fall for these traps. I'm so frustrated and miserable every single day, I don't wish to see anyone being the next victim like myself. Seeing how many people being ripped off and the results still turns out dissatisfying, it really hurts ):

I'm feeling incredibly deterred from getting this done now and also from going through DocFinder.

Still have my heart set on Kwon at Teuim, as I am looking for a subtle and natural job. I believe the most I'll pay is 4.4mill (hoping to negotiate to 4mill at most).

It's for Epi + DES Incisional.

DocFinder has said they don't recommend Teuim anymore. I just don't know who to trust, despite all the research.

I still feel like Teuim is the best, simply because Kwon has done SOOOO many. And a few other top clinics in Korea have basically said I don't need DES or flat out said no.

Here's a pic of my eyes right now: http://beta.myalbum.com/album/a96rbrN1f5FP

Comments and feedback welcome.