BeautyHacker

K Couture's guide to seoul plastic surgery

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to thank K Couture for the very informative and helpful post.

I am a newbie to all these things. I plan to get my eyes (lat epi), nose (bump removal) and chin (sliding genio or implant) done but I think I should wait for a few months/a year doing research before actually doing it. :smile:

Just wanted to ask about the Kenacort... do you have this apply before the scar healing or after the scar shows?

Im glad my thread helped. Kenacort is an injection. For me I had to wait till day 4 post op to administer the kenacort. It dissolved whatever scar tissue there was and prevented any further from forming. I had to go back for 3 treatments because if too much is administered at the same time it could burn through your skin. Thus, conservative usage is required. Another less effective option would be to use kelocote cream. But that one u can self administer and doesn't require a surgeon or medical practitioner's aid. I used both together for better results.

Awesome, thanks! :smile:

Can Kenacort be used to treat scars more than a few days old? I have two large (about 5cm long) incision scars from a non-PS procedure that are still lingering. The scars are nearly a year old now and I would like to do something about them sooner rather than later. Or do you think there are more suitable options?

Yes you can. I have a skin condition which i treat with the erbium laser. Because I scar and keloid very easily due to my skin type, I asked the dermatologist if Kenacort could work on the keloids that formed following the treatment. Due to the nature of the treatment I had to wait 2 months or so before I used kenacort as those keloids only form overtime since the erbium actually burns a tiny hole into the skin. Anyways kenacort basically dissolves scar tissue. It can be used as a preventative measure during formation period or can be used after. I used it early on for the scars on my lower lid. But as I explained for the erbium laser scars I had to wait till they formed above the hole to administer.

In the meantime I also used tranxaemic acid pills for the hyperpigmentation and a skin lightening peel. If your scars have discolouration I'll post the name of the peel when I find the bottle. Sorry can't remember if off the top of my head.

pls do not hate me, im gonna reply to ur post again, a fan. this is so good, it would have helped me so much when i was searching initially, i would like to add afew things about the implant, sometime today. love u😊

From what you are describing, could it be that the implant placement wasn't done well? Whenever surgeons in Seoul ask me "do you want a straight or curved nose?" The correct angle for facial balance is understood. You wouldn't deliberately aim to create a nose like avatar.

Anyways, the periosteum is part of the nose. Dermis can be harvested from the region between your lower spine and backside but the dermis I used is irradiated. Its called auto dermis. Also not sure what an S shape implant is but I assume u meant L shape. Avoid L shape implants like the plague. The scare and stigma over silicone is largely due to the L shape implant. The I shape implant, when comes in the softer and not the hard form, has a comparatively much lower infection rate.

Hi K Couture,
Do u think it is good to go for a flu jab prior to surgery? So that my body would be in a fit condition to lower the chance to fall sick before or after surgery? I am going to get my rhino and BA done in end march and I know the weather is still pretty cold in Korea. And given the fact that I got sinus problem and weaker body, the tot of falling sick/ easily sick just simply freak me out.

I don't know about that.....you might want to ask the clinics you will be consulting with if that is ok. I know before surgery there's a number of medications and supplements u should avoid taking. I personally never ever go for any flu jabs. I just start taking vitamin C supplements 1 month in advance to build up my immune system.

Also u can have surgery even if you are sick depending on your condition. I had a sore throat and I still went ahead with my surgery. I believe as long as no fever its ok. Funny thing is after my surgery my sore throat was gone. I'm not sure if this is due to the anesthesia that numbed my senses or what not tho lol.

LOL! Thanks K Couture! Will start taking Vit C!