BeautyHacker

K Couture's guide to seoul plastic surgery

Hello KCouture

Did you get surgery from the famous Dr Park from ID Clinic (the famous one on the TV show)?

I'm scheduled to go in to get on their recommendation eyelid ptosis, nose augmentation, alar reductiion, cheek reduction, jaw and chin V-line surgery and just want to make sure it is all necessary.

I'm hoping to only do the surgery that is needed but the clinics (2 famous ones including ID) told me that I need all of it, which is so confusing. Anyway, I appreciate your well written insight and hope that you and provide me a kind critique. I've attached my nose picture here too.

[​IMG]

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks K. and i now understand what davincci was talking about when she said roller coaster ride. lol. i had the feeling twice. first they had to harvest my septal and ear cartilage plus acculift. after that i was awake waiting for dr park. then again for my rhino. and i must say it was a wonderful ride :smile:
so today is post op day 1. last night was quite bad as i couldn't breathe through nose for most part of the night. only towards dawn then my left nostril was clear and i could breathe. today I'm quite swollen around cheeks and eyes. light bruise on cheek which my friend says looked like blusher on photo :biggrin:
bruising under my jawline and chin too from acculift but that's covered my the elastic headband they told me to wear. pain is bearable. just feeling a bit heavy on the nose. bruises under jawline hurts only when i probe.
I'm going Myeongdong later. see if i can manage to walk around a bit.
oh K. did you wash your hair aftet surgery? i was thinking to go to a saloon to get it washed. how did you manage yours?

hi missyjamie. you can kakao me. my id is syxwan. but I'm not comfortable sharing my pic yet. I'll post updates here but if you have specific questions can kakao me.

Hello~ I am going to go for a rhinoplasty next year and I was wondering what kind of pain killer would you need for after the the op. Did the clinic in dream give you any after op things?

odnok all clinics will always provide you with pain killers and other post op medications. Some clinics may even provide you with pre op meds such as anti biotics if you are having invasive surgery as an extra precaution to maximise infecction prevention. Just follow instructions from your clinic.

koreanface, Dr Park who performed my surgery is from Dream Medical Group, not ID. I wouldn't go to ID even if they offered me free surgery because it is known for some rather dodgey practices and results. If you look through the forums you will even find a thread regarding unsatisfactory surgical experiences from our members who had their surgery at ID.

Also, you don't need an alar reduction, nor do you require a nose augmentation, or a cheek reduction or V line. Completely unnecessary for you. Your alars are by no means wide. In fact your nose is borderline caucasian as this is evident from the way your nostrils flare. It is angular rather than the round typical asian nostril. Your bridge does not warrant an augmentation as you have ample height. Only thing I notice is u have a bit of a dent near the top of your bridge and some uneveness in the shape. Have you had a previous rhinoplasty? If so then the cause may be the implant. If that is your natural nose then you would require some mild osteo to even and contour the nasal bridge.

Cheekbone reduction I don't believe you are a candidate for it. You do not have wide protruding cheekbones and a 3d CT scan will show you that. Undergoing that procedure will cause sagging for you. Same with the V line. Your jaw and chin may be masculine but it is nice and angular at the same time. I guess if you really want the v shape just chin work will be sufficient. But really you have good bone structure and nice features all those procedures are not necessary for you.

Hahahah syxwan, Happy healing! That roller coaster ride is not bad right? That does sound like a junkie haha. Regarding hair, I did it myself on day2, just did it carefully with head upside down. It's part of my daily 'entertainment' LOL.. Otherwise, salon is not pricey at all. Dr park was humming during my op too! I asked him what song was he humming LOL

Korean face... I absolutely don't think you need cheek or jaw. I think t-osteo on the chin to make it more V would be the only tweak you should do, together with the eyes. Your eyes seem a bit sleepy, maybe because your crease is too high, so guess could be fixed with ptosis? Because I can't see that you have protruding cheek area and so on? Faceline looks good from this angle? So I don't think jaw or cheek surgery is a good idea for you with all the chances of sagging

There's nothing wrong in your face!

The only thing I can think of what u need is a good skin Dr.

Please dont go to ID, search and read on this forum, tons of tons of bad review on that clinic.

Sorry for the late reply sxywan! I grazed past your post somehow. Umm washing hair...Everytime i do surgery I was told not to wash my hair for 3 days by the surgeons. So I always stick to that rule. What comes in super handy is Dry Shampoo. I use the Batiste ones as they do not crust up your hair but rather leave it feeling clean and freshly washed. Then after that I went to Juno Hair near the galleria to get my hair done :P Anyways hope you healing well!

Hi Kcouture,

My name is Linda and im also from australia, sydney. First off i would like to sincerly thank you for taking your time out to write such a detailed and comprehensive post on how to go about going aboard to do surgery.

Im wanting to do a primary rhinoplastry and perferably partial incision double eyelid. I have contacted a few clinics and Grand replied refering to a material called 'high-soft silicone'. Ive tried to google on the pros and cons of this material, it is simply silicon? Just in the more rubbery form you've mentioned before? Does the skin tissues grow into the pores similar to that of gortex?

I would prefer to use ultra soft silicone via closed rhinoplastry considering it is my primary rhinoplastry.

Ive shortlisted my clinics
1. Grand
2. Dream
3. Cinderella
4. Banogai
5. Regen
6. JW

If anyone has had any experiences with these clinics please share your experiences. That would be greatly appreciated.

My mum and i will be going in january 2015. Flights anf accommoda itstion has been booked. So excited but so very nervous at the time.

Does anyone gave any experience with face and beck lift with any of these clinics.

Thanks in advance to all :smile:

I dont know well as kcouture
but I wouldn't go to Grand if i were you
since they had big issues about the shadow doctor and
uses too much of anethesia

Thank you so much for your input. I'll definitely take that into consideration. I have read about them changing doctors and patients are left unsatisfied with their results.

from the naver site it saids that regen has bad after care. I had Cinderella on my bad list, forgotten what it was for. Probaboy a botch job.