BeautyHacker

K Couture's guide to seoul plastic surgery

oh wow K. thanks for summarising in such great details. I especially like the section on bargaining! I'll be sure to look for ms lee as my consultant and give your name. would they know you as k couture? oh and I would like get your list of food. I'll kakao you once I get it my kakao acc set up in my new phone.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah they know that because back in May when I had my surgery, one of my bargaining tactics to get the final discount was to tell them that if I got a good price and good result I would write a good follow up to their experience. And likewise, I believe some of our members used this same bargaining tactic too lol.

Anyways I'll be happy to pass you the list of foods to avoid :smile: xx

umm i wouldn't have a clue what she got done actually lol. I don't really pay attention to celebrity surgeries unless its something really drastic like kim k's a$$ that broke the internet haha. I wouldn't call miranda kerr's face chubby tho despite it having a good degree of volume. To me it looks dimensional because she has good bone structure.

I don't think so, it appears she has always looked like that. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1417075655.893974.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1417075705.572427.jpg
As KCouture said, I wouldn't call her face chubby, I think it's just due to the shape of her facial bones. Btw a number (not counting overweight) Caucasians have chubby faces, just like quite a few Asians do

Yeah i believe many asians have issues with having wide and/or chubby faces has got more to do with the dimensions of their face. I recall reading a medical journal which explains the difference between asian and caucasian bone structures along with comparative diagrams. Was very interesting because those few millimeters of difference in structural depth between the asian and caucasian skull makes huge aesthetic differences. Think about it like this. You have two square blocks. One is flat on the surface while one has an angular cone shape. Naturally the first one is looks wider despite them both having the same width. Goes to show that bone contouring procedures may not necessarily be the best option. Rather, mid facial augmentations may be a more ideal alternative.

Regarding your alarplasty, do you have any obvious scars from it? Are you satisfied with it & do you think it made a big difference?
Sorry for all the questions! It's just that the a lot of alarplasty pictures I've seen online have pretty apparent scars and their nose look quite unnatural after the surgery, so it makes me so hesitant from getting one.

question about how you pay... do you just pull thousands of Korean currency from your home country and take it with you or do you keep just enough for down payments so you can pay cash then pull the Korean currency from a bank when you get there?
Maybe get a Korean preloaded credit card?

nope I just used my visa card. I didn't pay in cash and I won't ever. For three reasons.

1) I feel its risky and uncomfortable carrying so much cash.

2) I get points from my credit card

3) At Dream and some other clinics they subsidize the tax so it doesn't make any difference whether or not you pay in cash or credit

I took cash (currency from my country) and paid at the clinic with the exchange rate of the day. They looked it up online so it's more favorable then exchanging at bank. But if you do a lot of surgeries at once I can imagine you dont want to bring so much cash with you

Hahaha same here! I just used credit card so I can earn points. Too much risk to carry stack of cash

Another option, which I haven't seen widely recommended here, is to withdraw cash from an ATM.

Those that have spent time living or travelling in Asia know that Citibank is well represented in major cities such as Seoul, Hong Kong, Shanghai, etc. I opened a Citibank Citigold account back home in the USA, and it has been an invaluable source of accessing my money when I travel abroad, particularly in Asia.

Citibank Korea allows foreign Citibank customers to withdraw from their ATMs for no fee. And being a Citigold client means that I am never hit with fees at home for using a foreign Citibank ATM either. Of course, there is a daily limit to how much cash you can withdraw (usually a few thousand $ per day)., but if you are not pressed for time and can afford to spend a few days withdrawing funds (for major surgeries), then this is just about the safest way to pay with cash. Exchange rates from ATMs are usually competitive too, so there's little worry about getting less value for your native currency.

I plan to pay for my surgeries (including two jaw and rhinoplasty) using this method later this month and will report back the results.

Question: Can i wear glasses after rhinoplasty? I don't think contacts will be an option for the first few days because I might be having eye surgery at the same time... super nearsightedness is not fun. =/

Not recommended to wear glasses..consider lasik 3 months prior to surgeries..