BeautyHacker

My Facelift Experience with Dr. Joo Heon Lee at April 31

I am going to contact him tomorrow to book an appointment between 23rd-25th March because i have holidays for 2 weeks and is good to be ready for summer.

Anyone interested to share a flat from airbnb, around 23rd-25th March please dm me

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in good hand. By the Time it's your surgery. I am done with mine. Let's then share experiences and photos. good luck with both!

Hello

I contacted Diana and she quoted me 13,000,000 Krw for SMAS lifting.
I believe it’s a total ripoff which I’m not willing to go ahead with.
I’m now looking for a different doctor
Anyone got a different price ?

I know Dream Clinic quoted me $11,000,000Krw for Fullface SMAS facelift for experiences wise no comparison to Dr.Lee. I am still going to Dr. Lee for his skills. That's is why I am wondering which area he quoted you. I am quoted for full face SMAS lift plus forehead endoscopic. I am wondering now if I was quoted high as well.

I went in person to consult with Dr. Lee since I went to Seoul recently and want to share the feedback since it is difficult to find information on him. Diane did some of the coordination for the meeting up with him over kakao after my initial exchanges with Dr. Lee.

I didn't get the procedure however I left feeling very impressed with him. He's good looking to me, youthful and poised, tall and dark (lol), also the reserved gentlemanly type. He was very nice to see me even though I arrived one hour early. The clinic looked very tastefully modern & spacious, new and clean. There were like 3 staff at the desk and 2 were in OR scrubs (he probably just finished a surgery). Didn't see Diane (the marketing person who coordinates enquires- but dr. lee answers the questions over email)

Overall impression: Dr Lee's attention to detail is amazing and he came across as very dedicated and sincere to his craft. He focuses only on anti aging / lifting procedures and used to practise at April 31. What I liked best about Dr. Lee is also very honest about the outcomes measured with my desired effects and wasn't pushy or salesy and the whole consult never felt rushed at all. He must have felt (and tweaked) my facial skin for like 5-10 mins? after hearing my concerns and then listened my possible plans to get vline / facelift. He commented that I looked younger and better in person than the photos I sent him but I joked about makeup masking my flaws since I sent him bare faced photos.

Verdict on my case: His opinion was that since I have thin skin, I have less tendency to sag so I could wait longer to consider a facelift. It would still benefit me if I get it now, since he showed me how I would look by lifting the portions that would be improved and essentially by repositioning fat / smas layers so I visually assess the possible difference - he said though I could get fat grafting for semi-perm effects at my age for now (35). I asked about the scarring and side burns and he showed his technique together with before and afters - I found it difficult to find the incision line and the sideburns were also preserved.

Why I didn't get surgery: TBH I was very tempted since he isn't that young (61 and I wonder how long more would he practice for) plus I could see the dramatic change & skill level in his work, however it wasn't so critical for me and he said it would last maybe 5-10 years and I would need to get it done again. I asked about alternatives in the meantime and he shared that thread lifting in my case would also be ineffective because it is harder for it to get the desired results on thin skin and there was a higher tendency for the threads to show if threads are aggressively used. I was very glad since other clinics have pushed for me to get threads when I asked about sagging concerns (none of the other clinics I went to consult mentioned this to me).

His track record: I requested too to see his b4 / afters and I must say they looked extremely impressive. It was VERY dramatic and the pics were the non photoshopped kind on his computer. He also showed an assorted variety with patients as young as 24? who got a facelift and he explained zygoma / vline combined with thick plump skin had a greater potential to sag. It looked AMAZING and I was impressed how he managed to restore cheek volume (some patients had sunken side faces after zygoma) and also how some faces turned into vline from U shaped faces.
The older patients must have also looked 20+ years younger after the face lifts to the extent their grey hair looked weird on a younger face. It wasn't the stretched out look you sometimes see on awfulplasticsurgery and looked very natural.

Afterthoughts: All in all, Dr. Lee said I didn't really need surgery for now unless I went through bone surgery in the near future. Also asked him for the quote and its 12m krw. Dr. Lee told me he to see him in maybe 5 years time or joked if in 10 years time then I could see his current colleague who is learning from him. And if later, his son who is practicing as a doctor and learning the craft. To sum, I had extremely good vibes with him and would choose him in a heartbeat IF I were older or if I went through a vline & had sagging.

This price of only full face !
How much he qouted
I made a mistake, the price is for full face not lateral facelift.

Same, since I am doing the forehead too. So is 19,000,000Krw in total. It also included the neck. Once Dr.Lee say full face SMAS has included the neck part. Also liposuction cheek, jaw and chin. SMAS Facelift is a very complicated lift has to be a very skillful doctor who can perform this kind of surgery. Because he needs to pull not just the skin also the SMAS tissues which are under the skin. And a skullful doctor does different directions as your facial anatomy are.(facial anatomy (muscles, fat pads, vasculature, nerves, and boney). So be careful when you go to someplace else. Do make sure the doctor is specializing SMAS facelift. Which Dr. Lee is. That is all he does nothing else. And I have seemed his work is beautifully done. Takes 10 to 15 Years out of you not j/k and can really last 10 years. His price for his skills is not expensive at all. We only have one face. Make sure you find the best one. Good luck. Once I am done with my surgery I will share with you my experiences.

IMG_3681.jpg
Jamie82, are you talking about this doctor Lee? He looks very young, like early 40s - I cannot believe he is 61. Is there any confusing? Nobody starts opening a new clinic when they are about to retire.

Okay, so this raving review is for this doctor and now a lot of people want to consult with but what happened to the original poster, Tomtom. Did you guys ever got responses privately?

Sometimes it is hard to decipher real reviews from promoters.

Even Dr.Lee is 61 but I don't think he that old even in person he looked young. I think is the best age. Which mean he got all the experiences he had for so many years of practices. I don't like Doctors in their 40+s to early 50s inexperiences. Best Is the mid 50s to 70s. In the US check realself.com so many Doctors are in their 75s+ still performing surgeries. All I know a good doctor is a good doctor as long he is healthy. I guessed I saw so many jobs he performs that makes me trust his skills. It's all beautifully done. And I don't believe TomTom is a promoter. How can she describe her surgeries in a very detail ways? She might not even come to this site anymore since she did her surgeries so long ago. TomTom also shares all her second- third-time visit and did write in details. If you never did surgeries. it's really hard to describe like that. See Dr.Lee is so busy that he doesn't even care about putting English website. Because native Koreans are more then he can handle. He doesn't do promotions as well. That is why is so hard to find. Thanks to timing and his old assistance Brain BTW brain he is really nice and great. I think I bug him for almost 2 months to get Dr. Lee's info. And I went for an in-person consultation onClinic April 31 in Feb 2017. He even asks me to wait for one more year to do the extend SMAS facelift. So he sends me home and asks me to go back to him and do the surgery in 2018. He took video of me the whole time when we are doing a consultation. And he spends time not rushing at all explain what he is going to do for me to make me look the way I wishful. At the end, he took about 20 pictures of me in different angles and facial movement photos. He told me he wants to study it before the surgery. The first time, I went to so many Clinics never ever a doctor has this kind of passions and confidence for his work. I really think people should go for a consultation with Dr.Lee in person and see how you feel. He is not pushy type at all. A very gentleman type and very honest. He will go ahead straight and tell you what would work for you and what would not and he would rather ask you to leave then let you do the surgery you don't think the outcome would be good. Which he knew it won't help much. He will turn you down.

Hi, Rather keep guessing if tom tom is a promoter. You should get an in-person consultation with Dr. Lee and feel how it goes. Listen to your heart is the best. Rather reading what other people share. You can read all the post but still, you didn't meet the most important person which is the doctor itself. Do you agree? That is why I went to Seoul so many times and visit so many Clinics and doctors. Because I want to see it for myself.

• 3 weeks later...
Have you been in touch with Dr. lee recently ! I have transferred some money to book an appointment and since then didn't hear back from Diana nor Dr lee !