BeautyHacker

Under eye bag/ dark circles and surgery, anyone please?

Uhmm this is really opposite to what I thought, thank you for the suggestion, I'll look more into it. So I guess your eye bags are back after 3 years and look worse than before?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my! Is stem cell fat graft different from prp fat graft? So confusing! Haha

Ok sharing my own experience.
I am Chinese and I have big eyes and big eyes tend to also cause eye bags. I removed my eye bag fats like 15 years ago and they did come back after like 7 years later? THe point is any fats will come back eventually because it’s our genes/anatomy.
Now I’m older and I have dark circles and eye bags. I consulted Namu and Uvom via WhatsApp and both recommended under eye fat repositioning so I deduced it’s really a flaw on my face now (I didn’t tell them what procedure I wanted I just asked them what they can do to make me look younger and have a slimmer face).
I’ve seen some b/a photos of Namu under eye fp so I believe dr Kirk the head surgeon there is skilled in this. Claire from Namu speaks English well and her reasons for under eye fp is to smoothen the bumpy area and reduce sunkeness.
My suggestion is to show your unfiltered photos to several clinics and see what they recommend, then you will know what procedure is best for you. Also I suspect a clinic will not recommend you a procedure they are not skilled in even if you need it, so it’s best to consult several

• 2 weeks later...
So are you considering under eye fp done 2nd time?

• 4 weeks later...
I’ll echo the part that fat comes back as you age. This is good to know before you go for surgery, my doc informed me about fat coming back eventually as I age.

I’ve had eyebag removal 8 years ago and while my dark circles never went away I completely got rid of the bulge under the eyes. However since a year ago the bulge under my eyes is slightly coming back, I’m expecting it to become worse over time. But am holding off getting another surgery under eyes until I’m a bit older.

Was the eyebag fat that came back related to overall body weight gain during that time?

I'm thinking of having a dark circles surgery with under eye fat repositioning or fat graft, but haven't seen anyone who did it actually. Can you share your pic if you did it?

Hello Im kelsy from Hongkong. And I am going to korea this year for a PS. I've heard that korea is one of the best country to go for Plastic surgery and also its cheap. I also did sent my picture in Charmfidence app and got consultation from different surgeons and also got quotation . If you want to see photos of those who have been through different surgery, you will see some post from them in the same app.

• 1 month later...
I'm glad many clinics are being realistic with the result of the surgery. I have the same dark circle issue and when I consulted online with some clinics, they all mentioned this exact point! Also, I thought I just needed the under eye fat reposition but I found out that I actually don't even have enough fat to distribute among the surface so I decided on the fat graft as well. I'm pretty excited for the surgery as I was very satisfied with the before and after pictures the clinic provided!

• 2 weeks later...
upload_2019-9-27_16-45-49.png
Hey Lia please me know when you have the procedure and how it goes! I changed my mind and thought stem cell fat graft might be enough for my case. The more I think about under eye fat repositioning, the less confident I feel about this surgery- how invasive it would be for my 34-year-old skin, plus the eye bags will come back anyway based on other women's reviews.

I actually have Seb Derm (a dermatitis caused by malassezia on oily skin people) and once in a while my face gets swelling due to the seb-derm flare-ups. I just had one flareup 2 months ago (irritant ingredient in my skincare), then I realized even just a little bit of swelling on my facial skin helps make my dark circles disappear. That's why I think stem cell fat graft is good enough, I still need to meet the doctor in person to confirm this though.

Of course I'll need to go through a lot of clinics F2F consultations before making a decision, but I'm really interested in Laprin for now. They seem to be honest, never talk me into unnecessary procedures and if they are not sure about something they always say they need to see me in person to give the precise solution. Also their price is local price, they don't charge foreigners double or triple like many other clinics.

Please keep us updated!

Hello girls, I have just consulted Namu and MVP for dark under eye circles/ tired eyes treatment. I have been recommended fat repositioning by both MVP and Namu -

MVP: 1.65 million won
Namu: 2 million won

MVP consultation:

Popped in for a consultation with no previously arranged appointment; I was just in the area and decided to see them. I was told to come back later, so I came back after an hour or so and I spoke with one of the young ladies for quite a while, discussing treatment and method for removal of dark under eye circles/ eye bags. Later I briefly saw Dr. Seo who examined me quickly and confirmed under eye fat repositioning would be the best choice. There is no fat graft involved either.

Namu consultation:

I had previously talked with them over WhatsApp about Dark under eye circle removal. I saw the results of one of the girls in this thread and was impressed. I asked for Dr Kirk, head of clinic, to perform the surgery. I discussed the procedure with one of the consultants there who's English was strong and personality was bubbly and very friendly. Conversation was easy and communication was good. She showed me some results too and yes, they were good. A lot of the patients were local.
I haven't met Dr. Kirk yet, I consult with him this coming Monday however.

Which clinic do you think is best for this procedure? I'm leaning more towards Namu.
I'm also thinking of doing some skin care treatments in either clinic. I'll possibly be having facial for pores and to clear skin, but was also recommended hylauronic acid administered to the skin to revitalise and refresh it. Consultant expressed to me she does this for her skin too.

Thoughts?