BeautyHacker

Under eye bag/ dark circles and surgery, anyone please?

I'm doing research on clinics in South Korea to remove my eye bags and dark circles. They get worse and worse by days (first I could hide them by applying concealer, and now concealer barely works anymore).

I heard that Opera is good for this (read a thread from a Russian lady having her undereye fat repositioning done there).

I would love to hear more from those of you who has gone through this procedure... Your age, your under eye condition before the opration, what clinic you chose to go with, your experience and result, how satisfied you are with the doctors/service ect.?

I plan to do it in Dec 2019 or early next year (2020).

Thank you so much in advance! Any post, advice or idea would be appreciated! I got (real) depression because of my look, that's why I think I need to do something to fix it now.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had my procedure yet but will do it in 2 months. I heard Uvom is good and has decent price. This girl tracks her progress with Korea under eye procedure if you want to see her experience: https://alohabrigitte.com/blepharoplasty-plastic-surgery-korea/

This poster also had it recently but she said she's not sure about effectiveness which is what I often hear about the procedure. It can be hit or miss. https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/999782-rhinoplasty-forehead-reduction-acculift-buccal-fat-pad-removal-trc-arm-lipo-at-namu-clinic/page-2#post-32742641

Hope this helps!

Hi Daffy thanks a lot for your reply! I read Aloha's blog, and I also commented on her article too and she said even after a year she still has great result! I think the same that it's kinda hit or miss... Can you share what procedure you are getting and what's the problem with your undereyes? Mine are eye bag + hyperpigmentation, they really drive me crazy and I have extremely low esteem these days. Do you think of creating a thread about your experience after 2 months? Are you in Korea now or in the US?

I wish you all the best and would love to hear more from you!

Thanks! I think white people often have problems with hollowness and asian people have more problems with puffiness (I'm asian so my case falls into the puffy realm). What clinics do you consider going for consultations? Have you got any quote yet from these clinics?

I really, really pray the best for you :smile:

I consulted with Uvom, View and Namu in Korea. Then I consulted with two doctors in Beverly Hills (SO EXPENSIVE). The LA doctors wanted to charge $4-4.5K just for fat repositioning :confused1:. The korean clinics all quoted me around 2M-2.5M won for fat repositioning and 2M for full face fat grafting. I chose to go with Namu for my surgery since it's a popular clinic with mostly good reviews. Under eye and fat grafting is said to be pretty easy fixes with little error (from what I've researched) so I think you'd be safe picking a well known clinic.

I am also seeking help to remove really sag fat under eye. In my case its age.. i am 50.

I get this feeling that this procedure "Lower eyelid blepharoplasty" is kinda common and considered a minor procedure by clinics. I did some on line consults and got prices from 1.8 mi to 5 mil . In my case its really bad and they will have to make the incision from the outside vs in.

I have no idea who i will pick and need to do some face to face consults. I really liked the alohabridgette blog. I consulted with JK and they were on the high price side at 3.750 mil even told me they dont discount.

If i run into more info i will share with you.

Daffy thanks for the info! Have you had any consultation face to face with the surgeon yet? I also heard under eye fat repositioning is considered minor surgery in Korea, and given there are so many posts on Realself with bad results of Lower eyelid blepharoplasty done in the US, I decided that I must fly to Korea this year and take my chance.

I also read this article from Laprin and think their diagnosis of what dark circle type you have for a following suitable treatment is interesting... I wondered if the clinics you consulted with also walked you through all these types of dark circles?

http://koreaprincess.co.kr/?mir_code=5745

Mine is type D... I don't even know whether I need to go through IPL/ some sort of laser session to remove hyperpigmentation under my eyes together with the surgery. I plan to have online consultation with Laprin, Opera and JK soon. Will also add View, Uvom and Namu on my list after reading your post :smile:

Thanks TM! I also have the same problem with picking the clinics (even just for consultation), there's not much information regarding lower eyelid blepharoplasty. 1.8 mil and 5mil is big difference! May I ask what clinics did you consult with? And yes I do think 3.75 mil is almost double what the clinics there often quote for this surgery.

Have you read this thread? I think Opera targets more at local customers, their quality is good and they have reasonable price too!

https://beautyhacker.com/forums/topic/973431-lower-eyelid-surgery-experience-in-opera-plastic-surgery-s-korea/

Hi, could you guys share me the good clinics too? I'm still not sure where to go other than Grand, because I heard they have great results. I'm planning to have LB and cheek fat removal? But I still need to talk to the doctor first about what kind of surgery should I get :smile:

Hi! I've been lurking around for sometime in this forum and read a lot of threads mentioning bad clinics to avoid. Are you sure that you want to put Grand on your list, as I just read another thread on here yesterday that Grand is one of the most unsafe clinics in Korea with a lot of botched surgeries. I'm in no position to speak for you but we'd better do some research before taking risk?

Thank you for creating this thread. I didnt know the problem with my eyes until I read this link http://koreaprincess.co.kr/?mir_code=5745
I think mine is type A but the thing is the dark circle is in the upper and lower eyes, giving me sort of panda kind of eyes LOL.

Have u consulted with Dreams? I heard that they are good with eyes. Uvom seems good as well.

Hey thanks for the suggestion! I'll add these two to my consultation list. I actually always have some pigmentation under my eyes, and I think almost everyone at my age (over 30) does and I felt ok with that... However eyebags on top of pigmentation really make things way uglier... You know those ladies with dark, crescent rings bulging out under their eyes, as if they've been suffering from some severe disease for years? I feel I'm becoming like that now (without concealer) and Im not even that old to start with :sad: Many of my same-age friends still look so, so young!

I don't really want to be obsessed with superficial values (I know when I get something I dream of, then I can't stop and I'll want more), but when I get depression because of my appearance, I think it does matter! It's a sign that I need to work harder on my own mind to be happy with whatever I have, but to be honest I'm not at that level yet, so I guess for the time being I'll fix the trigger (my dark circles) first :smile:

So I had consultation with JK, Laprin, and Uvom. Opera never replied to my message on Watsapp.

Laprin: The consultant is nice, very helpful and patient with all my questions, and she suggested fat graft/stem cell fat graft + laser. The result will last for one year (hmm really?? I don't think I fly that far and spend that much money for something lasting only 1 year).

JK: They suggested fat repositioning. Price is 2,250,000 won.

Uvom: Same, fat repositioning is the solution according to them. They still haven't got back to me about the price though.